Warren Sapp's Mt Rushmore of U players

Advertisement
Look, whatever the list is, at the end of the day, it really comes down to **** warren sapp. Always and forever. One of the truly ****** humans to come through the walls of the school.

Advertisement
Ray is one of my favorite football players ever, but there’s no way he’d make a list that sapp himself isn’t in. Sapp was BY FAR the best player on those teams back then.

Also love Reed, but ST’s 2 years on the field are probably more dominant than any defensive player we’ve ever had. Definition of both a ball hawk and thumper! You couldn’t gameplan for him! He literally use to be everywhere every game. I still can’t believe he muffed that punt vs Tennessee lol.

Jim Otto has no business in a UM Top 4....Not saying he wasn't a good player....but his accomplishments are Dwarfed by a plethora of other UM Greats...
He wouldn’t be in mine, but it’s almost as if Sapp picked guys who he considered GOATs of their respective era, so for that I have no problem with his selections because most people are usually biased toward the era they grew up in, myself included

maybe replace taylor with lewis if its only 4
GTFOH, lewis impact at linebacker in college was not better than several linebackers at UM, let alone talking about the impact SEAN TAYLOR had while at UM, not even close. While ray racked up alot of tackles at UM, he didn't have the impact at the college level like he did in the pro's, and to be real, for starters, go look at dan morgan's resume.

A healthy dan morgan in the pro's was no chop liver, did you see what he did in the superbowl against the cheatriots, I'm not sure if a linebacker ever had a better performance on that stage than morgan did in that game, he was in fact the undertaker that game! It's reminds me what I tell people, I'll take a healthy d-wade, over lebron any day of the week.

Advertisement
Ted Hendricks?

He was a 2 time 1st team All-American, and 1 time 2nd team All-American, and he had an award named after him.

He had 327 career tackles, an all time Miami DL record.

He forced 9 turnovers in one year!
He's no worse than 2d on a UM mt rushmore, and you can rotate a few people through no.1

no issue with his list. its just impossible to come up with four! picking between sean and ed its almost no fair or impossible. both were just dominant players during their times.

Advertisement
Otto was so long ago.

I know he was one of great centers and Raiders of all time, NFL HOF, but what were his college accomplishments? Per his Wikipedia page, the NFL had no interest and the Raiders obtained him by default when a proposed Minneapolis AFL franchise fell through for the Vikings.

And he definitely paid a high price physically....

Advertisement
Exactly. He had a HOF pro career as well. He revolutionized the position.
Guatemalan-born (and the pride of Hialeah High) Ted Hendricks ("The Mad Stork" # 83) is in both the College & Pro Football HOFs (& the University of Miami Sports HOF), and was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy (finished fifth in the 1968 Heisman Trophy voting). He is, in my opinion, the greatest DE in The U's proud history. He also was named as one of the members of the NFL's all time 75th anniversary team in 1994. NFL Network's "Top 100: NFL's Greatest Players" named him the 82nd greatest NFL player of all time.

Last edited:
You could ask 100 people to answer this question and you could get 100 different answers. Bc no matter how hard you try it’s hard to separate college and NFL production. That’s what makes Miami different.

Guatemalan-born (and the pride of Hialeah High) Ted Hendricks ("The Mad Stork") is in both the College & Pro Football HOFs, and was a finalist for the Heisman Trophy. He was, in my opinion, the greatest DE in The U's proud history.
If they'd have waited to give out the Heisman until after he dominated Spurrier, he could have very well won the thing. Can you imagine a Heisman finalist doing what he did to Spurrier? It was one of the most dominating defensive games in history, and he did it against the guy that just won the award. That's just crazy.

With ESPN and highlight reels, to go along with the stat keeping, Hendricks would have such gaudy numbers and highlights, he'd win the Heisman easily in this day and age.

Advertisement
Back