Warren Sapp's Mt Rushmore of U players

depends on your criteria.

define them.

what’s the importance of title team? what’s the importance of brand building?

i put him there on excellence and cfb significance, but if you prioritize those two traits you can omit him.
Nah....Stork simply can't be omitted no matter what....

Advertisement
As good as Starks was at Miami, I don't think his resume matches up with Antrel Rolle, Philip Buchanan, or Ryan McNeil. For me it came down to choosing between Starks and Rumph. I think Rumph edges him out slightly. Rumph started 3 years at UM and made 1st/2nd team all conference all 3 years, won a national title, and very comparable statistically. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with either one. It's that close.

As far as Jessie Armstead is concerned, I really couldn't think of any other OLB's that were better than him at Miami. Now that I've put more thought to it, one could definitely make a case for Maurice Crum or Nate Webster.
Darrin Smith was every bit as good as Armstead.....Nate Webster had 300+ Tackles at UM in only 22 games....and Rumph has absolutely nothing on Starks

Lo
Ray is one of my favorite football players ever, but there’s no way he’d make a list that sapp himself isn’t in. Sapp was BY FAR the best player on those teams back then.

Also love Reed, but ST’s 2 years on the field are probably more dominant than any defensive player we’ve ever had. Definition of both a ball hawk and thumper! You couldn’t gameplan for him! He literally use to be everywhere every game. I still can’t believe he muffed that punt vs Tennessee lol.
LOL, in my opinion, that MAN got paid one of the highest Honors and compliments you can receive from an announcer or anybody, and this was during preseason when he said in reference to SEAN TAYLOR, "HE seems/plays like HE came from a higher league down", lol.

Matched by the ultimate respect and compliment from good ole bobby Bowden in reference to our defense pre-game during the SEAN TAYLOR years, Bobby said, "Miami plays defense like they invented the daggum thing" than it was funny how he realized real quick he was being to honest so he hurried up and gave mickey andrews a compliment and said now old mickey and the boys play good defense to now, TOO LATE!

Advertisement
I'm going to take a page out of the Baga handbook... when the rules of the game suck for you, you change the rules. Make it a bigger mountain... make it five Mt. Rushmore's:

George Mira, Sr. (2-time AA... founding father of QBU)
Ted Hendricks (3-time AA, CF HOF... the Mad Stork)
Vinny Testaverde (Heisman trophy winning AA, NC, Maxwell award , Walter Camp award, O'Brien award, CF HOF)
Bennie Blades (2-time AA, NC, CF HOF, Thorpe award)
Michael Irvin (AA, NC... the playmaker)
Jerome Brown (AA, NC, and baddest MFer on the planet in the late 80s)
Danny Stubbs (2-time AA, NC, Outland trophy finalist, Lombardi finalist... all the sacks)
Russell Maryland (AA, NC x2, Outland trophy, CF HOF)
Leon Searcy (2-time AA, NC x3)
Darrin Smith (2-time AA, NC x2, Butkus semi-finalist)
Michael Barrow (AA, NC x2, Big East Defensive POTY)
Gino Torretta (Heisman trophy winning AA, NC x2, Maxwell award, Walter Camp award, O'Brien award, CF HOF)
Warren Sapp (2-time AA, NC, Heisman finalist, Lombardi award, Nagurski award, Outland trophy finalist)
Ray Lewis (2-time AA, Butkus award runner up... and all-around bad man)
Edgerrin James (No hardware, just straight gangster... UCLA 1998, BC 1997... enough said)
Dan Morgan (Among the most decorated defensive player in UM history... AA, CF HOF, Nagurski and Butkus finalist as a junior... won both as a senior along with the Bednarik award, becoming the first player in CF history to do so)
Bryant McKinnie (2-time AA, NC, Outland trophy, Parker award... never allowed a sack at UM)
Ed Reed (AA, NC, CF HOF, 2001 Football News Defensive Player of the Year, Thorpe award finalist, Nagurski semi-finalist, Big East Champion in the javelin throw... GOAT)
Ken Dorsey (AA, NC, Heisman finalist x2, Archie Griffith award x2, Maxwell award)
Sean Taylor (AA, NC, Big East Defensive POTY, Thorpe award finalist)

Advertisement
Back