Wanted to Share this to all of BBB

This article won me over. UM needs a HC with an emotional link to the program's past success. He has the experience, both at UM and in the NFL. He can draw on the loyalties of past Canes. He is a recognizable personality in S. FL who can win recruits. Sure he is older, but he has the sense to bring in younger assistants and groom them to take his job in a few years.

Right now, UM needs loving care to recover from a long illness. A high flier looking for a stepping stone to the next payday is not the remedy for what ails UM. An elder who wants to redeem himself and the Cane program is the proper prescription. Someone who wants to leave a legacy, maybe create his own "coaching tree" at Miami.

Do it now, and kill on the recruiting trail. Do it now, and maybe even regain some competitiveness this year. Hire Butch. Do it now!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I find it so hypocritical we are supposedly not interested in Butch, yet we are considering Cristobal and Schiano.

Cristobal left after a month like a scumbag and had a fallout with the AD from FIU. In what planet does this sound like a trustworthy candidate? Let alone the fact he hasn't done **** and his resume is garbage compared to pretty much every other possible candidate.

Schiano has turned us down on two separate occasions, yet we are supposedly still willing to get denied for a third time? All for a guy that went 68-67 and never won his pathetic conference over the course of 12 years...

It's understandable to be ****ed at Butch after telling everyone over and over he's staying, but after 15 years it's time to get over it. Look past that and objectively look at what this guy brings to the table. It's a no brainer. I think if he gets an interview (which would be completely ridiculous if he doesn't), he's gonna shoot to the top of the list.

There's no way anyone with a brain chooses Cristobal over Butch, Schiano will probably decline again (if we are stupid enough to call), and Herman and Fuente will probably get hired by a desperate school for a ludicrous amount of money. So you're looking at Chud, Pagano, and Hue - all NFL guys - as the only other contenders against Butch. There's no way we are gonna negotiate a buyout after having to pay $7 mil for the fat piece of ****, so Hue and Pagano (if he doesn't get fired) are unlikely as well. So from process of elimination that leaves Chud who's on a one yr deal. Hiring Butch's OC instead of Butch himself is completely illogical, so that leaves Butch as the one and only candidate that makes sense. He has a great resume, wants it the most, cost the least, and would galvanize the entire fan base and alumni and generate the most money from donations. It's gonna be Butch... It's too easy.

Last edited:
That is the sound of a man who is absolutely determined to finish what he had started. He will get us our 6th ring. I have no doubt. The man is a caged lion. He is ready.
BOT needs to let bygones be bygones.

Advertisement
The Peach Bowl loss is what I consider the beginning of this nuclear winter that we have had to suffer. I have tunnel vision, I want no one else but Butch Davis!

We will win a chip by 2018 without a question

That's when we play LSU. I can see it now, Butch leads us to avenge the 2005 bowl game when LSU ripped the life out of this program as a sign that he has fully brought us back to life.

Advertisement
OP setting everybody up�� lol

That was an article from Ferman.. vern I know u don't want butch but the STFU... Don't be saying I'm a tease or troll. I post real **** unlike U.. Stick with ur sorry A$$ candidates we all know what needs to be done.. Stop being "that guy"

Lawd, I had a heart ****** when I read that ****...

YES, YES, YES....AGAIN AND AGAIN!! LOL

rabbit (2015_07_03 03_36_12 UTC).jpg

Butch is the clear choice and they should hire him ASAP! I always thought when you saw a job you wanted it was aggressive & smart to ask for it. If the BOT makes another hiring mistake I think you can call this program EXTINCT! This is a no brainer to say the least. A true competitor, no nonsense general, provern winner, talent evaluator, and he had a thirst to bring UM back, THIS IS WHERE HE WANTS TO FINISH HIS CAREER. It would be nice seeing Jimmy at a few practices and games along with many former players. ****, how stupid is this administration? Oh for you young bucks, 63 is NOT OLD AT ALL!

The pressure on the administration to bring back Butch must be elevated to a level that none of these effete trust fund pricks can overcome. Let them know it will be PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES time if they dare to hire anyone else!

BBB NOW!

Advertisement
The pressure on the administration to bring back Butch must be elevated to a level that none of these effete trust fund pricks can overcome. Let them know it will be PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES time if they dare to hire anyone else!

BBB NOW!

Whatever needs to be done, relentlessly.

7e4d7ff5e54f815ae6d055b37246d8dd.jpg

BRENT VENABLES ?????WHY NOT THIS GUY, HE EARNED IT!!! BUT IN ALL SERIOUSNESS GUY NEEDS A LOOK ATLEAST HE SHOULD BE A REAL CONSIDERATION RESUME IS IMPRESSIVE AND HIS WORK SPEAKS FOR ITSELF

Last edited:
The whole Cristobal, Chud, Schiano, etc BS is just laziness by the media trying to figure out what they think the BOT is looking for, but in reality they have no idea. If you look at the guys we went after last time, i think only Marc Trestman had Miami connections. Golden, Edsall, Muschamp, and Gruden (lol) had zero connections to Miami.

Advertisement
I read this also and it sold me. Butch is the guy. We need to start a media campagin to get butch just like we did with golden- herald ads, banners, radio spots, anything and everything

Sign me up. I'll donate for that right now. Lets back up this man and unite to make this program great again. Whatever it takes.

I'm all for Butch, and out of the list of candidates, he strikes me as the one.

At the very LEAST, he should be considered and interviewed. Considering he was the architect of the greatest Canes team of all time, the administration owes him that much.

Advertisement
Back