Wanted to Share this to all of BBB

Advertisement
I like Butch, but is he another Bill Snyder/Chris Ault, or another John Robinson/Johnny Majors?

He's been out of coaching for 5 years, so burnout shouldn't be an issue. And he's clearly energized about this opportunity.

I like the part about his hiring young, aggressive assistants. I guess I'd just like to hear more about his plan.

Advertisement
No doubt in my mind if he gets a foot in the door for an interview that he will get the job. Listening to that guy speak this morning on 790 gave me chills man

Man, thinking back to how eventful that decision to leave in 2000 ended up being. We won the title the next year, but what could have been. Could have kept it rolling......I'm ****ed thinking about that and the last 15 years.....but I still want him back. Of all the guys out there he's the only one I know for certain will assemble the staff, recruit the players, and win.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
The []_[];2338608 said:
Before I read this I was leaning more Schiano or Cristobal. F that. I'm on the BBB train.

told u boys butch is saban' he just doesnt get the credit

"And if he gets an interview, watch out. For the better part of that hour, I listened to a man primed to blow the doors off of an interview room. He has a vision. He has passion. He is energized about the staff he thinks he can pull together and what he might be able to leave behind when it is time to retire. He is receptive to helping mold the individual who would eventually replace him. I mentioned the names Cristobal and Chudzinski, both expected to be candidates for the head job, as possible candidates for a coach in waiting role if Davis were to return to Miami and Davis didn't blink for a second."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No words to describe how great that paragraph is...!

"I may have had more success grooming coaches than players," Davis said. "If I were to be fortunate enough for Miami to be interested in me, I am going to put together a staff of young, aggressive guys who can coach their butts off and recruit their butts off and build that program to sustain itself."

The most important and persuading thing he said in the article. He knows what it takes to build a program...because he's done it before.

Advertisement
Back