Walton and the draft

Martycane

Sophomore
Draftniks:
I know he has a kid but since this year's a bust, should he return for '18?
I had him figured for a second or third round pick. Now, I'm guessing, that would be a stretch...
Any comparable situations you recall?

Advertisement
Draftniks:
I had him figured for a second or third round pick. Now, I'm guessing, that would be a stretch...

He'd be risking another injury next year and completely ruining his value. Go get the money. He put on for the U.

I would come back personally. He has not had a breakout season. Last year he was ok, but not spectacular, especially in big games. Come back, show scouts you are 100% the back they thought you were, and make your millions. Don’t want to join Yearby managing the local Dairy Queen.

Draftniks:

He'd be risking another injury next year and completely ruining his value. Go get the money. He put on for the U.

Insurance.

Draftniks:

That depends. Is he a top 3 round guy? then yes leave . If not come back because the 4th round can easily become the 6th and then you ain't making much relatively.

Advertisement
Chubb and Michele both came back after injuries. Id come back but Im also biased. He may need to prove himself healthy.

Walton doesn't have the measureables for a top 2 round pick injury or not, and that is not going to change if he comes back (won't get taller or faster at this point). IF he thinks he can sneak into rounds 3 or 4 coming off injury he might as well go this year.

Is my guess.

If I don't absolutely need the money, I would come back and get the degree done and try and have another good year, but my circumstances and needs don't mirror his.

He should come back, but he will likely go the Kaaya route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
He would be well advised to return unless he wants to go the route of an undrafted Free Agent. Don't make the same mistake an unemployed former RB made last year.

Draftniks:

He's leaving. Most teams have him with a 2nd & 3rd round grade now and he won't move up because it's his measurables that is holding him from going higher. Teams know he's well-rounded and there is nothing he can do next year that will improve his draft stock.

Walton doesn't have the measureables for a top 2 round pick injury or not, and that is not going to change if he comes back (won't get taller or faster at this point). IF he thinks he can sneak into rounds 3 or 4 coming off injury he might as well go this year.

Is my guess.

If I don't absolutely need the money, I would come back and get the degree done and try and have another good year, but my circumstances and needs don't mirror his.

Emmitt Smith 5′9″ 210 lbs
Walter Payton 5′10″ 200 lbs
Barry Sanders 5′8″ 200 lbs
Curtis Martin 5′11″ 210 lbs
Ladanian Tomlinson 5′10″ 215 lbs

Advertisement
If he gets a high draft grade while going through the process to declare, he's gone.

But on the flip side, Yearby didn't have favorable scouting reports and still declared anyway. I'm guessing his recovery is pretty pivotal towards his decision.

I would go pro.

That was the plan all along. He had 2 huge games vs BCU & Toledo. The Duke & FSU games can be justified by the injury slowing him.

Graig Cooper came back and had to go from competing with Damien Berry & Javarris James for carries to Berry & Lamar Miller.

I expect Homer to show out the rest of the year. Competing with Homer, Lingard, and Burns next year might not be a good situation for Walton.

Advertisement
Anyone telling him to come back is being extremely selfish. Kid needs to go feed the fam, he's earned it.

Advertisement
Back