Walter Football Has Kaaya As #1 Player In '17 Draft

The bottom line is Miami is a college team and Kaaya only had 14 touchdowns. Miami was second in the country in FGs in the RZ. Kaaya protected the ball very well and showed toughness by taking hits after he threw. I know the board loves talking about how players underachieve at Miami and perform in the NFL. Unless they are playing for the Falcons I want a QB at Miami that scores. If Kaaya can score 35 touchdowns next season and protect the ball like he did this year then crown him.

You still hating? Scouts that do this for a living are high on kaaya and thinks he will be a first round pick. He had 25td passes as a freshman and only 14 this year and if you watch last year and this year it isn't his fault.

Last year they call more throws down the field to dorsett and down the the field to walford. They also allowed him to throw the ball more in the red zone last year.

I don't care about his draft potential. He plays college football right now.

And he is good. Why can't you just appreciate when you have a good player. The guy didn't even have a defined offensive system. Deshaun watson has been in the same offense since high school. Give kaaya a defined system and let the guy develop.

I have said many times Brad Kaaya is a good player. He isn't great until he puts up great numbers. I don't think he is far away but it's a step he needs to make next year. Again my concern is how he does at Miami and we can measure that by results.

Advertisement
The bottom line is Miami is a college team and Kaaya only had 14 touchdowns. Miami was second in the country in FGs in the RZ. Kaaya protected the ball very well and showed toughness by taking hits after he threw. I know the board loves talking about how players underachieve at Miami and perform in the NFL. Unless they are playing for the Falcons I want a QB at Miami that scores. If Kaaya can score 35 touchdowns next season and protect the ball like he did this year then crown him.

I think you're undervaluing the kid as a college QB but regardless, the OP was about his potential as an NFL pick not his production as a college player.

With Richt as playcaller & QB coach, I expect Kaaya to improve dramatically. I'd like to see him step up into the pocket and get his feet set more (tho in his defense half of the time he was about to get lit up).

All of the soft talk has more to do with mental toughness, imo. Not just standing in & getting back up, but making big plays in pressure situations. I think Kaaya will benefit more than anybody on this team from the new coaching staff... could be a multi-million dollar upgrade for him when all is said and done.

Richt's playcalling and an improved Kaaya will solve the 3rd down and red zone problems as well.

He made big plays vs fsu. He has to have help. Y'all expect the guy to just do everything and it's not possible. Look at the team jameis winston had around him at fsu.

And getting hit constantly is mental toughness also.

I'm not down on Kaaya. He's only a soph, and he makes big plays often, yet we were terrible on 3rd down and in the red zone. He does need help, but Scott, Coley, Waters, Cager, Njoku, Yearby, Walton can all catch the ball. Obviously, the playcalling wasn't helping either.

Kaaya is good, but Andrew is right. Kaaya needs to step up to the next level. I think Richt will help him do that.

With Richt as playcaller & QB coach, I expect Kaaya to improve dramatically. I'd like to see him step up into the pocket and get his feet set more (tho in his defense half of the time he was about to get lit up).

All of the soft talk has more to do with mental toughness, imo. Not just standing in & getting back up, but making big plays in pressure situations. I think Kaaya will benefit more than anybody on this team from the new coaching staff... could be a multi-million dollar upgrade for him when all is said and done.

Richt's playcalling and an improved Kaaya will solve the 3rd down and red zone problems as well.

He made big plays vs fsu. He has to have help. Y'all expect the guy to just do everything and it's not possible. Look at the team jameis winston had around him at fsu.

I'm not down on Kaaya. He's only a soph, and he makes big plays often, yet we were terrible on 3rd down and in the red zone. He does need help, but Scott, Coley, Waters, Cager, Njoku, Yearby, Walton can all catch the ball. Obviously, the playcalling wasn't helping either.

Kaaya is good, but Andrew is right. Kaaya needs to step up to the next level. I think Richt will help him do that.

What Kaaya needs is a HC who doesn't s**t himself in fear every time they get in the redzone. I'll never understand how al could go on 4th down so often but be so terrified of making a mistake in the redzone.

Advertisement

What Kaaya needs is a HC who doesn't s**t himself in fear every time they get in the redzone. I'll never understand how al could go on 4th down so often but be so terrified of making a mistake in the redzone.

This...

What killed me was the player packages in the RZ. How many times did he go to Dobard down there instead of Njoku.

Last updated July 29th
his partner just updated it and he was 6th overall

Mcshay also said thaat so far he could see him being a 1st round pick and easily makes the best deep ball throws and makes the best decisions under big pressure than any qb in his class

Last edited:
Advertisement

You fail to also mention the struggles we had to run the ball in the redzone which makes it even more difficult to throw when you get close to goal line because teams don't respect the play action. He also had a few TD passes called back by penalty as well.

Kaaya still has plenty of room to grow as a player but let's not take anything away from the kid after he just played behind a team with no true Tackles on the roster. That OL struggled all year and he was forces to get the ball out as quickly as possible. He also missed basically 2 games because of the hit against Clemson.

Just LOL at this . Kid is an insane QB and is almost a lock as top 15 pick.Has more potential then any QB in college even this year as the mocks are showing. To do all he did with the staff he had was amazing .

Let's not forget that freakin' Ryan Tannehill was the 8th overall pick. The NFL obviously values (perceived) potential at that position very often over actual college success and stats.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Matt Barkley was #1 on their site also. I hate draft boards until a season ends and all the players declare. I am thinking that a Mark Richt and Kaaya combo is creating some buzz. Could be a really good year in 2016.

Last edited:
I always get a kick out of putting the 3rd downs and RZ trips on Kaaya. Any jackass corch can throw out his personnel grouping and call a play on 1st and 10 from your own 30, but it takes an understanding of the game in to know what to do on 3rd and 5 on your opponents 40, or when your trying to get guys open in the red zone. That was easily Coleys biggest failing, his failure to understand the situation he's in and calling the appropriate play with the appropriate personnel. When did he ever do something real clever to get a guy open on 3rd and 3? When did you ever see him dial up a basic *** pick play to get a guy open in the flat inside the 5? He couldn't even be bothered to use Walter Tucker who could be a red zone monster with his athleticism.

I'm gunna be laughing my *** off when our 3rd down and RZ production skyrockets just because we have a coach who knows his head from his ***

Advertisement
Back