Walter Football Has Kaaya As #1 Player In '17 Draft

His only knock is mobility. The question is if his accuracy, awareness, arm strength, and football IQ can overshadow that. If it can then he's a sure fire 1st rounder. He has the size NFL teams want out of their QBs.

Advertisement
I put him in that Sam Bradford category. He can make all the throws. He can look very good at times. But is he the guy that is gonna continuously lead a team to victory?

Terrible comparison. Bradford played 2 seasons essentially, threw 86 TD's, won the Heisman, had a record of 23-5 and took his team to the National Championship. I'd love to put Kaaya in Bradford's category some day.

They said the same thing about CHristian Hackenburg as the #1 QB after his freshman year...now he has dropped to #4 same thing will happen to Kaayaa but he will fall further....Kaayaa been throwin to NFL talent mane and still aint show me much....

Hasn't shown you much? The only thing he hasn't shown is the ability to completely make up for the fact that his coaches turn into the three+ stooges in the red zone.

I don't get some people on here. Why are you rooting for Miami if all some of you do is dog our own players, especially the good ones!!!!

Advertisement
[]_[]nique;2425346 said:
I don't get some people on here. Why are you rooting for Miami if all some of you do is dog our own players, especially the good ones!!!!

That's what they do. Kaaya is the target now. They turned on duke last year and talked pure **** about stacy.

Not sure why this is being treated as big revelatory news by most of the board. Kaaya has been regarded as the top underclassman QB (besides Rosen who is 2018 eligible) for several months if not over a year.

My observation: this board is reactionary and looks at stats & game results as compared to unbiased evaluators who view prospects in a context-driven process that isolates tools and skills from the performance of the team or overall results.

In specific terms, Kaaya's mental processing on the field pre and post snap is rare even in NFL QBs, and it's a trait that is innate and cannot be taught. On top of that he has NFL size & frame with the ability to complete all the throws. His biggest weakness is his mobility and pocket movement/management but that can be developed as he doesn't lack poise. All of this adds up to a very high-end NFL prospect.

I don't mind the posters complaining about his college production as that's separate from his NFL projection, but it's important to keep the ecosystem - especially coaching - in mind. James Coley is one of the worst OCs I've ever seen for many reasons, all of which impact on Kaaya...

Interesting.

Not sure why this is being treated as big revelatory news by most of the board. Kaaya has been regarded as the top underclassman QB (besides Rosen who is 2018 eligible) for several months if not over a year.

My observation: this board is reactionary and looks at stats & game results as compared to unbiased evaluators who view prospects in a context-driven process that isolates tools and skills from the performance of the team or overall results.

In specific terms, Kaaya's mental processing on the field pre and post snap is rare even in NFL QBs, and it's a trait that is innate and cannot be taught. On top of that he has NFL size & frame with the ability to complete all the throws. His biggest weakness is his mobility and pocket movement/management but that can be developed as he doesn't lack poise. All of this adds up to a very high-end NFL prospect.

I don't mind the posters complaining about his college production as that's separate from his NFL projection, but it's important to keep the ecosystem - especially coaching - in mind. James Coley is one of the worst OCs I've ever seen for many reasons, all of which impact on Kaaya...

Interesting.

Well I wouldn't say they were wrong. His mental proccessing isnt rare. Maybe very good, but not rare. He's no andrew luck in that department. But we've all been expecting him to improve on his pocket presence, mobility, and poise under pressure, and he took a major step back this year. he will still be a high pick

Advertisement
His only knock is mobility. The question is if his accuracy, awareness, arm strength, and football IQ can overshadow that. If it can then he's a sure fire 1st rounder. He has the size NFL teams want out of their QBs.

Some questions about his leadership ability too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here's a good breakdown of his Pitt game. Basically he did really well against Pitt. And in this one he doesn't show so much of his poor pocket presence.
[video=youtube;VjjAYeT78Os]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjjAYeT78Os&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Advertisement
Back