W-L that Gets Diaz Extension or Relieved

Advertisement
Agree with all of this and the part in red is why this thread and the poll I did are good for the board. Rather than have people just howl after the fact - set a bar whatever it is.

But some of these guys don’t want to do that because they have an agenda to either rip Manny no matter what or to defend him at indefensible levels. These guys want to either hold our coach or our fans to a high standard but they won’t set that standard for him or themselves.

Literally no one here wants to defend Manny at indefensible levels.

There are no slurpers, only irredeemable mopes.

You’re crazy if you believe that.
I am crazy but that’s regardless of this. I believe it because of the poll I did. I believe at 8-4 they’ll be more vocal.

And on the other side some of these guys would rip him or belittle the accomplishment at 11-1.

Advertisement
I am crazy but that’s regardless of this. I believe it because of the poll I did. I believe at 8-4 they’ll be more vocal.

And on the other side some of these guys would rip him or belittle the accomplishment at 11-1.

Your poll asked expected wins and losses not at what record he deserves to be extended. They’re completely different things.

Your poll asked expected wins and losses not at what record he deserves to be extended. They’re completely different things.
Not if you use inferences and deductive reasoning. My poll asked about what record/games would people consider “Acceptable Progress”.

If he’s not making acceptable progress in year 3, he needs to be gone. More importantly, I wanted to set the bîtch bar for everyone so when they howl during and at the end of the season, they’re consistent.

It's very telling on who weighs in vs who does not. Gotta keep that just vague enough revisionist postion open.

#WhereIsYourGodNow

Advertisement
It will all work itself out. We’ll know if Manny is truly the guy very shortly.

3rd year is the “year” so to speak. Guys been the system now for a while. We should really start to see the improvement from the S&C as well.

👆That record would put our Canes in ACCCG...

so... given that, does Manuela get extended with a ACC Belt (likely), close loss (maybe), blow out loss (maybe even less, CIS will go into full menstruation mode).

My faves are the usual suspects who claim "I predicted this, of course only after it happened, but I really said it before, no really I did"

For me, I'm not convinced he gets an extension with a blowout loss in ACCCG, Blake's glaring thundercünt incompetence or not...

Putting the ACC belt round his waist gets him a 3-4 year new deal.
I’m tired of blowout total collapse losses actually SICK of them getting real old😡😡😡

Advertisement
It will all work itself out. We’ll know if Manny is truly the guy very shortly.

3rd year is the “year” so to speak. Guys been the system now for a while. We should really start to see the improvement from the S&C as well.
Are the S&C programs really that different? I want ro believe the bell curve of D1P5 programs doesn't show significant variance.

Right??

FFS, that is in area that sjould be the most consistent, HC after HC.

Barring some extenuating circumstances to 2021 season, what record gets Manuela an extension (or at least talk of one) and what gets him fired?

15-0 Natty - Extension
14-1 - Extension
13-1 - Extension?
12-1 - Extension?
11-1 - Extension?
10-2 - Extension?
9-3 - 😐
8-4 - 😐
7-5 - 😐
6-6 - Fired?
5-7 - Fired?
4-8 - Fired*
3-9 - Fired*
2-10 - Fired*
1-11 - Fired*
0-12 - Fired*

*probably mid-season

Obviously a few other W-L permutations that get Miami to ACCCG. If they make it and lose, extension?

What if Miami beats Bama, will James hand him an extension before they hit the tarmac at MIA (unlikely, but we are talking James here)?

What if Miami starts 0-3? or 1-2? Has BoT seen enough of Lashlee to formally give him the keys** to determine if he can be Greentree's Dabo Wabo?

**Who gets promoted to Interim DC then? Simpson? T-Rob? Shoop***

***Kudos to Sawyer bringing it up
I think you’re right with 10 wins being the mark for extendo manolo.

Don’t see us losing at worse 3 games this season. Personally looking for 10-2 and a bowl win. That would keep the Canes @the Top 10 at the end of the year. That would/should also mean a top flight recruiting class to go with elements of the 2020 and 2021 classes, or stacking depth across multiple positions. If we get there, I see no doubt that Manny is extended at least another 2yrs. The balls completely in Diaz’s court right now. If he can make the shot, he should get the glory.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back