W-L that Gets Diaz Extension or Relieved

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Barring some extenuating circumstances to 2021 season, what record gets Manuela an extension (or at least talk of one) and what gets him fired?

15-0 Natty - Extension
14-1 - Extension
13-1 - Extension?
12-1 - Extension?
11-1 - Extension?
10-2 - Extension?
9-3 - 😐
8-4 - 😐
7-5 - 😐
6-6 - Fired?
5-7 - Fired?
4-8 - Fired*
3-9 - Fired*
2-10 - Fired*
1-11 - Fired*
0-12 - Fired*

*probably mid-season

Obviously a few other W-L permutations that get Miami to ACCCG. If they make it and lose, extension?

What if Miami beats Bama, will James hand him an extension before they hit the tarmac at MIA (unlikely, but we are talking James here)?

What if Miami starts 0-3? or 1-2? Has BoT seen enough of Lashlee to formally give him the keys** to determine if he can be Greentree's Dabo Wabo?

**Who gets promoted to Interim DC then? Simpson? T-Rob? Shoop***

***Kudos to Sawyer bringing it up

Last edited:
Advertisement
Nothing gets him fired. Miami always waits until after year 4 to fire a coach.

A 7 win season gets him extended because a 6 win season got Golden extended and a weak win over Oklahoma got Randy Shannon extended.

homer simpson relief GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Barring some extenuating circumstances to 2021 season, what record gets Manuela an extension (or at least talk of one) and what gets him fired?

15-0 Natty - Extension
14-1 - Extension
13-1 - Extension?
12-1 - Extension?
11-1 - Extension?
10-2 - Extension?
9-3 - 😐
8-4 - 😐
7-5 - 😐
6-6 - Fired?
5-7 - Fired?
4-8 - Fired*
3-9 - Fired*
2-10 - Fired*
1-11 - Fired*
0-12 - Fired*

*probably mid-season

Obviously a few other W-L permutations that get Miami to ACCCG. If they make it and lose, extension?

What if Miami beats Bama, will James hand him an extension before they hit the tarmac at MIA (unlikely, but we are talking James here)?

What if Miami starts 0-3? or 1-2? Has BoT seen enough of Lashlee to formally give him the keys** to determine if he can be Greentree's Dabo Wabo?

**Who gets promoted to Interim DC then? Simpson? T-Rob?
The answers are right here, Empirical One...

What record will he have to achieve before you begin to refer to him as Manny, or better yet, Mr. Diaz? Just asking.

I agree with your assessment for the most part. I don’t see 15-0 (sorry @Go Canes!!) but anything less than 10 wins (not including ACCCG and a bowl) would be disappointing.
Easy:

1) Start by not losing to FIU
2) Take that momentum and not lose to La Tech
3) Getting program on a roll, don't need to have a 4Q stand against the Mighty CMU Chippewas
4) Don't lose to a team that installed the forward pass as a routine concept a few months prior
5) Don't lose to Duke
6) Don't get prison loved by giving up 500+ yds of offense, not only once, but twice
7) Don't give up 4th and 17 and then further let that play essentially ruin rest of season
8) Have a Miami O that can consistently sustain drives rather than 3-out and decimate the D drive after drive
9) Win big games

I'm not even asking for an ACC Belt or CFPO appearance with him at this point, but given above, I recognize I'm just asking for to much.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Empirical Muppetopian Slayer is doing the board a service with this thread. It’s another opportunity for those who didn’t vote in the Acceptable Progress Poll thread to go on record with a measurable bottom line for Manny - this one on the extension side.

I hope all of those future posters crying for or against an extension during or after the season will have registered their standard by which Manny should be judged ahead of time rather than just show up howling to those who took a stand in advance.

Now with that being said, I think 10-2 should get Manny another year. I think 11-1 should get him a multi-year extension. I think that they’ll decide during the season for recruiting and so at 6-1 with the only loss to Bama, and us beating UNC and NC State - that’s the earliest I’d do it and I’d prefer after FSU.

Advertisement
Back