Advertisement
Advertisement
ACC Championship appearances:
FSU - 5
GT - 4
Duke -1
Miami -1

lol

Dude you’re getting desperate. We have more National championships than those four schools combined.

What do either records have to do with this season?

Nothing.

Dude you’re getting desperate. We have more National championships than those four schools combined.

What do either records have to do with this season?

Nothing.
We have played in the ACC Championship game as many times as Duke since joining the ACC. That's a FACT, and it's downright sad

BUT SURE, just pencil us in for guaranteed ACC wins, we surely can't lose to Duke and GT in the same football season!!!! WAIT, WE HAVE!?!?!?!?!?

OH WELL

15-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pgdead:

I've been led to believe that we're going to go 15-0, so anything less and BJ and MD should get fired.

Serious answer: Don't get ******* pantsed by your opponents over and over again, win your division, and we can consider keeping you. I'll allow Mandy one blowout loss to either Baga or clem$on, but not both. Any more UNC type debacles should literally be his last day on the job, Lane Kiffin at USC style.

To further clarify, my response refers merely to Manny keeping his job beyond this season. Any consideration of extending his contract this year should be considered laughable unless he wins the ACC and take us to the CFP.

To further clarify, my response refers merely to Manny keeping his job beyond this season. Any consideration of extending his contract this year should be considered laughable unless he wins the ACC and take us to the CFP.
If he does that I will chip in on his new contract!

/I won't have to

Advertisement
Easy:

1) Start by not losing to FIU
2) Take that momentum and not lose to La Tech
3) Getting program on a roll, don't need to have a 4Q stand against the Mighty CMU Chippewas
4) Don't lose to a team that installed the forward pass as a routine concept a few months prior
5) Don't lose to Duke
6) Don't get prison loved by giving up 500+ yds of offense, not only once, but twice
7) Don't give up 4th and 17 and then further let that play essentially ruin rest of season
8) Have a Miami O that can consistently sustain drives rather than 3-out and decimate the D drive after drive
9) Win big games

I'm not even asking for an ACC Belt or CFPO appearance with him at this point, but given above, I recognize I'm just asking for to much.
I’m surprised you didn’t sense my hint of sarcasm in the name reference.

Your points mentioned are no doubt legitimate and cause for concern. I’ve proven not to be a Manny apologist for his shortcomings. But, I’ve also acknowledged his wins. Being fearless in making changes, especially to the staff, that many of us clamored for. Bringing in highly regarded recruiting classes. Being adept at using the transfer portal to upgrade positions of need (for whatever reason/s certain position groups were short on talent and/or depth).

I believe it’s fair to not only recognize his shortcomings, but also to acknowledge his success. The real test is that his successes outnumber his shortcomings - hopefully by a larger margin in the short and long term. I believe this year will be a true barometer of where Manny and the program is headed

The only place I disagree with you is that I feel strongly we've reached the point that Mandy is Blake's Maginot line. If one falls, so does the other.

That being said, I share your lack of faith in the school actually cleaning up the athletic department and hiring someone competent to run it.

So, I guess we'll have to agree to agree.
I don’t disagree. I think Blake may get axed with Manny in about a year and a half. That being said, Tad Foote, Donna Shalala and soon Julio Frenk have all hired completely unqualified athletic directors to run the department. Julio’s resume is as identical to Donna’s as Manny is to Randy’s.

The only way out of this is if Julio aggressively hires a successful AD with a good track record.

Unless we completely sh*t the bed, I expect Manny to get an extension. UM always goes crazy and throws extensions around after an above average season.

Advertisement
We have played in the ACC Championship game as many times as Duke since joining the ACC. That's a FACT, and it's downright sad

BUT SURE, just pencil us in for guaranteed ACC wins, we surely can't lose to Duke and GT in the same football season!!!! WAIT, WE HAVE!?!?!?!?!?

OH WELL

15-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pgdead:
Welcome back.

I’m surprised you didn’t sense my hint of sarcasm in the name reference.

Your points mentioned are no doubt legitimate and cause for concern. I’ve proven not to be a Manny apologist for his shortcomings. But, I’ve also acknowledged his wins. Being fearless in making changes, especially to the staff, that many of us clamored for. Bringing in highly regarded recruiting classes. Being adept at using the transfer portal to upgrade positions of need (for whatever reason/s certain position groups were short on talent and/or depth).

I believe it’s fair to not only recognize his shortcomings, but also to acknowledge his success. The real test is that his successes outnumber his shortcomings - hopefully by a larger margin in the short and long term. I believe this year will be a true barometer of where Manny and the program is headed
I was ranting to the choir!

Advertisement
9 wins will probably get enough for an extension. I would only extend him if we win ACCCG, or lose very competitively and smash the bowl game team. Both of which I think are a year away.

Easy:

1) Start by not losing to FIU
2) Take that momentum and not lose to La Tech
3) Getting program on a roll, don't need to have a 4Q stand against the Mighty CMU Chippewas
4) Don't lose to a team that installed the forward pass as a routine concept a few months prior
5) Don't lose to Duke
6) Don't get prison loved by giving up 500+ yds of offense, not only once, but twice
7) Don't give up 4th and 17 and then further let that play essentially ruin rest of season
8) Have a Miami O that can consistently sustain drives rather than 3-out and decimate the D drive after drive
9) Win big games

I'm not even asking for an ACC Belt or CFPO appearance with him at this point, but given above, I recognize I'm just asking for to much.
Big Brother Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

No extension unless he either wins the ACC and makes the CFP, or wins the Coastal and a loss to Clemson (we’ll presume) in the ACCCG is a close game, 7 points or less.

Advertisement
Back