Visitors

Is there real interest in Miami from Taron. Need to get him on campus ASAP.

Yeah. I talked with Taron last night. His thing is he really wants to go to OSU. But he also wants to contribute as a freshman & his old boy keeps telling him **** what OSU tells us they lying. U won't play as a freshman. Meyer don't do that. So he's open to us & he's my nephews roommate so they always talk bout um.

Well the pitch should be easy with Coach Kool. O$U's DL coach don't have close to the resume Kool does. Taron is a must get.

Larry Johnson was Kool before Kool was Kool. I hate O$U more than anyone but this is fake news.

Wasn't aware it was news.....

Sorry to call it news. It's a Skip Bayless take basically. Is that better?

Advertisement
OSU are liars thru and thru. They throw players and coaches away all the time. There's a graveyard full up here in Cleveland but Northeast Ohio continues to worship Columbus no matter what. Just thirsty for any semblance of a winner!

Brendan Radley-Hiles interesting

Not that interesting. He's my nephews best friend & we been working on him behind the scenes. Taron was gonna come also UT his father made him keep his word to FSU that he would go there this weekend instead. He'll come down to us in the next week or two.

Do you think there is legitimate interest?

Not on our part. Db is just like reciever for us. We got plenty of monster locals who are either already committed or want in. Reason were showing him love is my nephews sake. Kid is crazy talented. But he's a piece of work let's say. I constantly kick him out of my house. The only really good kid out of that group is tj. His mother's crazy though.
this made me laugh.

picturing something like giphy.gif

Until we get our numbers up at all positions I'll live with the transfers. My primary concern is offensive and defensive lineman. South Florida will always provide high-quality skill position players . Once we get to the point of reloading at the interior on both sides of the ball, we will truly be able to compete for the BCS on a regular basis

Landing T.Vincent would legitimately put us in conversation for #1 class of 2018 and maybe best class in UM history on paper. All the WRs plus DBs, Lingard, Sitkowski, B.Jordan AND a monster DT oooooweeeeee

Advertisement
Dye basically missed 2 years due to injury get the fck out of my face.
Philosophical question: If a RB is injured all the time at Clemson, but UM fans don't know about the injuries, was he really injured?

People see what they want to see chise especially misinformed UM fans.

First of all why u so angry??? Because I disagree with you that Dye can help us? Ya know who also disagrees with you, the coaches at Miami. Secondly, to my knowledge Dye isn't currently injured while Burns and Gray are currently injured. All three have proven absolutely nothing and like you so nicely pointed out all three are injury prone. So I'd rather have all three especially since Dye doesnt effect our long term numbers. If he comes here and gets injured first play of practice and never plays it still doesnt hurt us.

Chise it makes sense to take him for the sole purpose that you gotta understand why were getting a grad transfer. We're not counting on production from the transfer. It would obviously be an added bonus if he'd be a productive option. But the only actual reason were taking that position is for the sake of numbers. We need that just to be able to adequately practice our game plans. You can't keep trotting out the same kids for first second third & scout teams. Heaven forbid you run into an injury it's a wrap. Besides dye does have plenty of upside if ever he stays healthy. Burns we are actually counting on by the way.

I never said we shouldn't take Dye. I just said that if Dye is considering coming here to be a 3rd team RB, then he likely didn't have the opportunity to return to Clemson for his final season. There's no reason he'd leave the NC program voluntarily, where the depth at RB is very similar or worse than ours, to come here to be 3rd team.

Typically, when a guy leaves as a grad transfer for 1 final season he goes somewhere where he can be the guy.

Philosophical question: If a RB is injured all the time at Clemson, but UM fans don't know about the injuries, was he really injured?

First of all why u so angry??? Because I disagree with you that Dye can help us? Ya know who also disagrees with you, the coaches at Miami. Secondly, to my knowledge Dye isn't currently injured while Burns and Gray are currently injured. All three have proven absolutely nothing and like you so nicely pointed out all three are injury prone. So I'd rather have all three especially since Dye doesnt effect our long term numbers. If he comes here and gets injured first play of practice and never plays it still doesnt hurt us.

Chise it makes sense to take him for the sole purpose that you gotta understand why were getting a grad transfer. We're not counting on production from the transfer. It would obviously be an added bonus if he'd be a productive option. But the only actual reason were taking that position is for the sake of numbers. We need that just to be able to adequately practice our game plans. You can't keep trotting out the same kids for first second third & scout teams. Heaven forbid you run into an injury it's a wrap. Besides dye does have plenty of upside if ever he stays healthy. Burns we are actually counting on by the way.

I never said we shouldn't take Dye. I just said that if Dye is considering coming here to be a 3rd team RB, then he likely didn't have the opportunity to return to Clemson for his final season. There's no reason he'd leave the NC program voluntarily, where the depth at RB is very similar or worse than ours, to come here to be 3rd team.

Typically, when a guy leaves as a grad transfer for 1 final season he goes somewhere where he can be the guy.

I wonder if the staff takes Jordan Cronkite if Dye ends up elsewhere. As BD said, we need bodies to adequately practice.

I wonder if the staff takes Jordan Cronkite if Dye ends up elsewhere. As BD said, we need bodies to adequately practice.

I wouldn't take C0ckbite. He's got more than a year of eligibility left. Only reason you take a guy like Dye is because he'll be gone next year.

Am I the only one in the camp that still thinks Choc Gray can contribute?

you are not. i think the kid is a football player who can help us win games. i just think they need to settle him on a position. maybe it's RB, but maybe it isn't. he's too talented just to languish on the roster, unless i'm missing something.

it would be a shame if he underachieved due to a combination of his injuries and a lack of a natural position. reminds me bit of what happened to jason geathers

Advertisement
Not on our part. Db is just like reciever for us. We got plenty of monster locals who are either already committed or want in. Reason were showing him love is my nephews sake. Kid is crazy talented. But he's a piece of work let's say. I constantly kick him out of my house. The only really good kid out of that group is tj. His mother's crazy though.

Yeah. I talked with Taron last night. His thing is he really wants to go to OSU. But he also wants to contribute as a freshman & his old boy keeps telling him **** what OSU tells us they lying. U won't play as a freshman. Meyer don't do that. So he's open to us & he's my nephews roommate so they always talk bout um.

Well the pitch should be easy with Coach Kool. O$U's DL coach don't have close to the resume Kool does. Taron is a must get.

Larry Johnson was Kool before Kool was Kool. I hate O$U more than anyone but this is fake news.

What's fake news? For one I love Larry. I'm very good friends with his son lj. I think he's a great coach but Meyer ain't gonna play no freshman. That's just a fact. Not to where ur a major piece atleast.

What's fake news? For one I love Larry. I'm very good friends with his son lj. I think he's a great coach but Meyer ain't gonna play no freshman. That's just a fact. Not to where ur a major piece atleast.

I think the fake news he's talking about is Smack's statement that the OSU DL coach doesn't have close to the resume as Kool.

Obviously HE believes he can make a difference here. Key to that sentence is HE. for us that's simply irrelevant. Also I sincerely doubt he didn't have the option of finishing up at Clemson. Simply cause from what we here he's a good kid & a good teammate. A kid that fits those tabs will never be forced out simply because it can turn the staff & team against each other. You never take that stance with a well liked kid.I think he just legitimately wants a change of scenery.

Does he not play them because he does not trust them, or because there are older top players that have assumed the position?

Advertisement
I can't answer that as I ain't never ****ed with Meyer. To me that dude is simply a lying piece of **** & once a gayturd always a gayturd. I think it's more a matter of maturity physically & mentally though if I had to guess. That's most coaches stance on d linemen. Not many are seriously ready to contribute on that level.

Am I the only one in the camp that still thinks Choc Gray can contribute?

you are not. i think the kid is a football player who can help us win games. i just think they need to settle him on a position. maybe it's RB, but maybe it isn't. he's too talented just to languish on the roster, unless i'm missing something.

it would be a shame if he underachieved due to a combination of his injuries and a lack of a natural position. reminds me bit of what happened to jason geathers
So he wasn't let go as someone posted here a while back? Wasn't there a thread with a title "Bye bye Choc" or something like that?

Advertisement

Who are our current DT targets?

I think the fake news he's talking about is Smack's statement that the OSU DL coach doesn't have close to the resume as Kool.

Correct, which all of us with a brain who are college football fans know this to be utterly false. That is all I was saying. Not many DT play a frosh anywhere.

Advertisement
Back