Very poor crowd yesterday

Miami is a city that will back a winning team đź’Ż but you go and lose 4 straight they will find something else to do with the weekend.
Most big cities work that way..
College towns have nothing else to do.. kind simple

So there aren't 50K Miami "fans" in that area? If so there isn't anything else to do. I don't give a **** if there is a tornado touching down.

Advertisement
If we beat UVA and NC ST, then I would expect a good crowd for the finale against Duke on Thanksgiving weekend. (50k+)

Not going to happen...Alot of the students will be home on break, student section will probably be empty.

The should make game attendance part of the curriculum - a 2-credit course with an essay on fan behavior as a final exam. Social studies anyone?

I do understand the noon start and the rain, but money wise there should be no excuses. I did not buy season tickets this year, due to extensive out of town traveling. But bought tickets for the game on line for $6.90 and bought a yellow parking pass (Canes official website) for $10.00 so with the fees included I spent a grand total of: $20.90 I sat at the 30 yard line 5th row, under the cover of the new roof, not a single drop on me. It did not rain for the tailgate so I ate well. Cannot beat the value plus the Canes were victorious!

attendance was poor but yesterday you could really appreciate how loud it can be. it was very very loud with probably less than 40K there

Advertisement
Weakest crowd of the season but that was to be expected. Considering the weather and the losing streak it was a decent showing. I had a good time. Great to watch it rain hard and not get wet.

What is sad is that less than 2000 students were at the stadium, I understand it s a
Commuter campus, most are graduates students with different aliigiences, but their are
11,000 undergraduate students!!!!! WTF!!!
If you want more students at the game build an on campus stadium like 95% of Universities with football teams have.

Advertisement
What is sad is that less than 2000 students were at the stadium, I understand it s a
Commuter campus, most are graduates students with different aliigiences, but their are
If you want more students at the game build an on campus stadium like 95% of Universities with football teams have.

Are you really this stupid? Serious question.

FSU looked packed to me...Was that game on campus?

Attendance was better than I thought it would be. I'd say roughly 40,000 people actually showed up. The rain was on and off through the entire game though so half the time my section (and most others) were being vacated by people trying to stay dry. You don't get to see them on TV but the upper sidelines were very full still. Probably because they don't get wet at all up there.

Advertisement
So...OP is saying that most Cane fans are green texters? Got it.

No, only that we are worms. Spineless and only turn up for free lunches.

Seriously, how do teams in the northern climes, with losing records every year get better attendance than us? Don't give me the 10-cent excuse that "Oh, there's soooo much more to do in SFLA!?"

Really? You're a fan of the canes, and you'd rather go to the beach than go to the game? Oh yeah, I forgot, only when they are winning.

No, only that we are worms. Spineless and only turn up for free lunches.

Seriously, how do teams in the northern climes, with losing records every year get better attendance than us? Don't give me the 10-cent excuse that "Oh, there's soooo much more to do in SFLA!?"

Really? You're a fan of the canes, and you'd rather go to the beach than go to the game? Oh yeah, I forgot, only when they are winning.

You missed it...carry on, Sir.

Are you complaining about a nearly 20% student turnout? Man, you need to educate yourself on student sections in college football. That's an awesome turnout, especially for a stadium that's 20 miles away.

Advertisement
Crowd size is always the easiest item to ***** about when we're down or going through a tough patch so I'm personally beyond bored by the subject at this point. That said, for pure tv optics they need to come up with some system of seat fillers for that premium 50 yrd line section. Like if your *** isn't in that seat by the end of the 1st quarter then allow some raffle winner or something to occupy it until you show up- if you ever do. It's not a huge deal but it seems like we've willfully ignored the camera angle issues at that stadium forever.

Who are all theses schools with this spectacular attendance you're referring to? Below is a list of schools and their attendance last week.
What you'll see is the majority of schools have attendance issues aside from a handful of huge state schools i.e. Penn St., * st., Michigan and the SEC. Both UF and FSU have had large sections open for games this year. Even if you want to claim Miami's numbers are inflated, it's still a solid showing, and you then have to admit some of the other schools are inflated as well...so you're back where you started.

Colorado- 43K
Cal- 47K
BOise St.- 31K
Northwestern- 42K
Washington St.- 33K
Illinois- 47K
Minnesota- 42K
Stanford- 38K
UCF- 31K

Crowd size is always the easiest item to ***** about when we're down or going through a tough patch so I'm personally beyond bored by the subject at this point. That said, for pure tv optics they need to come up with some system of seat fillers for that premium 50 yrd line section. Like if your *** isn't in that seat by the end of the 1st quarter then allow some raffle winner or something to occupy it until you show up- if you ever do. It's not a huge deal but it seems like we've willfully ignored the camera angle issues at that stadium forever.

They probably ran the margins for premium seating + security + staffing/vending etc, and decided to keep the entire lower bowl sideline on lockdown undisirregardless of appearances.

Advertisement
Back