Very OT: RVA Moves To The DMV - Who's Here

I know what you mean.

Other than the kid’s stuff, which I’m sure is manageable, we just all have such a tendency to accumulate. Some more than others.

I’m doing a major purge of my clothes, and it got me thinking to when I was in college. How I got by on three pairs of jeans, one nice pair of pants, a half dozen t-shirts, and as a senior, a cheap interview suit.

Anyway, remember, except for that which is from your loved ones, it’s just “stuff” that weighs you down. I’m happy for you and wish you nothing but the best and good fortune in the next chapter of your life. Make it a good one.
Thank you. I sincerely appreciate it.

Advertisement
@RVACane, I assumed that you were a person of great character, but now, for me, it is confirmed. Thanks for sharing. Though I am not in your situation, your testimony is one of inspiration. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family.
Thanks, my friend. Much appreciated.

I failed but my parents have been married 53 years this year and my grandparents were married 72 years. All I can say is what they all told me which is "we never went to bed angry with each other.'

And yeah, that traffic goes from Springfield all the way to Fredericksburg now. It's crazy. I could avoid a lot of it with 3 in the car and my EZ Pass Flex.

Other than Canes football, there's not much i love more than that EZ pass lane in Virginia.

Born in Richmond and did my undergrad at ODU so i still drive down from Arlington VA to visit friends. So i know how bad that 64- 95 drive is.

I'm all for doing something once the season starts

Not going to lie; when I read the title I thought, "Why the **** is RVA moving to the Department of Motor Vehicles?".

Thank you for being in more detail in what you meant. xD

Integrity through adversity is a rare thing. When I was fired from a Water Treatment plant, I didn't know what to do. I got into truck driving as sort of a last ditch effort to learn a good trade.

Been doing it for a year and a half now. Haven't looked back. Trucking is the reason that I got to go to the Notre Dame game last year. Now I look forward to having a house, sports car, wife and kids one day when the time is right.

Not to get too personal, but as a kid my real father left when I was 8. Was angry, hurt and confused. He paid his child support, but I hardly ever saw him. I really think especially when a boy is getting into his teens, having a father figure is crucial.

Luckily, my future stepfather, Lew (who also was a huge Miami Hurricanes fan), stepped in. He didn't have to. Taught me how to hunt, fish, and instilled upon me the important lessons on what it takes to be a man.

All this despite waking up at 4am and coming home at 7pm 5-6 days a week.

I could never repay what hes done for me.

So; despite having an excuse, you still made an effort to be a part of your kids life. Good on you.

As for the group thing, I do go by there all the time delivering freight. Who knows? :)

Advertisement
327862_front.jpg

When I'm in the DMV area, I'm definitely hitting u up @RVACane. I usually come out every 3 yrs to visit my peoples in D.C. Salute to you, my guy.

Advertisement
Hang in there RV, lot of us go thru that, but when little ones are grown and successfull you will feel job well done.

Go Canes!

Kudos to you @RVACane for prioritizing your kids. I've been in your shoes a couple of times. Hang in there! It does get better.

This thread is proof positive that us fellow Canes are more than just football fans.

Advertisement
@RVACane

Mazel tov bubbele, glad things are on the upswing for you! Next time I am in DC, will make it a point to share a bagel and cafecito with you!

Dude, you be following me. I was born on the Beach, started out as a Hebrew, but I'm Black now. Had to get my size adjusted ( if you know what I mean), lookin' to recruit a posse (hard at my age--as if anything could he hard at my age), thinkin' about a grill, but right style for an old guy (and Medicare doesn't cover); need to learn about rappers...it ain't easy being a convert.

Biggest problem is, you can't replace a slow-twitch body if that's the hand you were dealt.

Advertisement
Someday I'll tell you the story of how we started the group of D.C. area Canes fans that became the Washington alumni group.

A lot has happened in the area over the 30 plus years. Some of our best fans Steve hone now.

Kind of sad when a friend who had been fighting cancer says to you "I'll be back and seeing you at the coming fall's Hurricane Watch parties" but they never make it. Sometimes you think about how much they would enjoy what's been happening during the beginning of the Richt era.

Here also in Frederick so I am definitely looking to fellowship with some of my Cane brethren, just let me know. I am already slated to be at the FSU/UVA/VT game.

Were you the one with the U flag in the Fan or museum district? Lived in Richmond for a summer and would always drive by it

Dude, you be following me. I was born on the Beach, started out as a Hebrew, but I'm Black now. Had to get my size adjusted ( if you know what I mean), lookin' to recruit a posse (hard at my age--as if anything could he hard at my age), thinkin' about a grill, but right style for an old guy (and Medicare doesn't cover); need to learn about rappers...it ain't easy being a convert.

Biggest problem is, you can't replace a slow-twitch body if that's the hand you were dealt.
If you went to Beach High, I'll probably learn that you knew my Mom, an uncle or a parent. You don't need to move around a lot with rap...just keep your arms folded and bop like a B-boy from the 80's.

Advertisement
Back