Very OT: RVA Moves To The DMV - Who's Here

Advertisement
It's cool that you shared your story with us. I've too been thru that so your testimony hit real close to home, big ups!

Prayers to you and your kids man, and everyone involved. Just buried a friend literally 2 weeks ago that took his own life in similar situation, sad bruh.

Keep fighting the good fight my man, especially knowing you're doing the right thing. I salute that. Cane Family 4 Life!

Other than Canes football, there's not much i love more than that EZ pass lane in Virginia.
So you need a couple extra bodies for the EZPass lane?
How 'bout a couple of cadavers? You know, well embalmed stiff and upright. I used to suggest they bring Sunny Hirsch back in that condition with a tranquilist for posthumous broadcasts since nobody liked Zagacki and Bailey but nobody took up my suggestion so maybe he's available. For those who don't know you need a couple of people, not sure regulations specify alive.

If you went to Beach High, I'll probably learn that you knew my Mom, an uncle or a parent. You don't need to move around a lot with rap...just keep your arms folded and bop like a B-boy from the 80's.
Dude, I'm so old I don't know what that 80's stuff is. I've been going to UM games since the mid-50's. I could only know some Beach High people no later than early 60's. Your people are probably after my time. Even the people from my time I now have trouble remembering.

Advertisement
Mom went to Beach and graduated in 60. Same year my dad graduated from UM

It's cool that you shared your story with us. I've too been thru that so your testimony hit real close to home, big ups!

Prayers to you and your kids man, and everyone involved. Just buried a friend literally 2 weeks ago that took his own life in similar situation, sad bruh.

Keep fighting the good fight my man, especially knowing you're doing the right thing. I salute that. Cane Family 4 Life!
Bless you too and thank you. I'm sorry about your friend. I couldn't do that to my kids. I don't understand how a guy like Anthony Bourdain, who had a young daughter, could do that knowing the pain he would cause her.

So you need a couple extra bodies for the EZPass lane?
How 'bout a couple of cadavers? You know, well embalmed stiff and upright. I used to suggest they bring Sunny Hirsch back in that condition with a tranquilist for posthumous broadcasts since nobody liked Zagacki and Bailey but nobody took up my suggestion so maybe he's available. For those who don't know you need a couple of people, not sure regulations specify alive.

True, nobody said anything about alive. That's a genius life hack right there.

Advertisement
I can't even begin to tell you how accurate this is for me. I was in a 4 bedroom house and I purged and purged-furniture, clothes, things... I get to the apartment and it's half filled with boxes. Day 1, I hung up my clothes in a closet and the weight tore the rack out of the wall. In a fit of non-nostalgic rage, i then purged mass amounts of clothing I could have done without. I got new living room furniture but my dining table and chairs have to go.

I've got artwork and then tons of my kids artwork. I've got luggage and cat carriers. Yes... RVA shamefully admits that he has 2 cats.

When I look at so much of what I have, it's just crazy. I am working my way towards a liveable situation.

Brother, this line killed me...

Congrats on being an awesome dude and father...much respect on your name

Brother, this line killed me...

Congrats on being an awesome dude and father...much respect on your name

Thanks Moto. The white cat treats the black cat like a reluctantly gäy cellmate... I tried to post a pic of the domination but the file is too large.
Dude, I'm so old I don't know what that 80's stuff is. I've been going to UM games since the mid-50's. I could only know some Beach High people no later than early 60's. Your people are probably after my time. Even the people from my time I now have trouble remembering.
I'm so old I just realized that I lived 2 years in Virginia Beach and 8 years in Richmond. That's another year of hotels every other weekend that I forgot about. Lol.

Dang bro! That’s a lot of hard work to see you kids. To say I’m proud of you would be an understatement ! Some day your kids are going to tell you just how grateful they are and what an amazing role model you were for them. Until then we will all tell you that! Great job being a dad! Truly inspiring!!

Can I just throw in a side note though? A Hebrew cat guy?? Is that even a thing? 😂😂😂 it’s cool bro. I’m sure you got them for your kids.

One last question, if DMV is Dept of motor vehicles then what does it stand for? Lol obviously a Vermonter here. We don’t do metro areas unless you include trees.

Advertisement
@frostycane DMV = Washington DC, Maryland, and northern Virginia.

@RVACane I can respect your efforts.

Congrats on the new job, I always tell people "it's not what you know it's who you know and more importantly what who you know is willing to do for you". Because life is a two way street an what good is knowing an influential person if they don't feel your worth do anything for an clearly the COO felt your worth the investment.

Go Canes

Last edited:
I failed but my parents have been married 53 years this year and my grandparents were married 72 years. All I can say is what they all told me which is "we never went to bed angry with each other.'

And yeah, that traffic goes from Springfield all the way to Fredericksburg now. It's crazy. I could avoid a lot of it with 3 in the car and my EZ Pass Flex.

Don’t beat yourself up to much. Marriage involves two human beings, so far at least, and each of us are unique. 50 and 75 years ago lots of things helped keep marriages together. Today everything seems to work toward dividing a couple.

My wife and I met while married to others in pair of bad marriages. It was classic love at first sight for us. Been 35 years now and seas still get rough at times. “Secrets” to staying married seem to be plentiful but I am clueless as to which are true. We still go to bed angry mant times. I’m half Italian and she is Cuban so just going to bed mad instead of killing each other is a victory. Honesty does not seem to matter. She told me she was Italian and held to that lie for ten years.

Good luck with those two little girls. Once they get the bug for boys, you become more of a light switch they turn on and off depending on how things are going with said boys. Good news is daughters never leave you. Wait, that’s the bad news. Ah, you’ll figure it out.

@frostycane DMV = Washington DC, Maryland, and northern Virginia.

@RVACane I can respect your efforts.

Congrats on the new job, I always tell people "it's not what you know it's who you know and more importantly what who you know is willing to do for you". Because life is a two way street an what good is knowing an influential person if they don't feel your worth do anything for an clearly the COO felt your worth the investment.

Go Canes
Thank you @Paranos. It helps to know someone. That said, I know the COO from doing business with the company where I worked with his people on some projects. I have also interacted well with him when we'd see each other as well as with his people. He's a great guy and very smart but this is a successful business he runs for a family that owns it and he makes business decisions. I'm starting to drift into @OriginalCanesCanesCanes territory so I'll leave the corporate business lessons to him.

I have a good amount of experience in the field which will help. They also believe that i have the personality and background to build the business in the area. That's why they hired me and are paying what they are. They won't make it back right away so it's an investment but I have to succeed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Don’t beat yourself up to much. Marriage involves two human beings, so far at least, and each of us are unique. 50 and 75 years ago lots of things helped keep marriages together. Today everything seems to work toward dividing a couple.

My wife and I met while married to others in pair of bad marriages. It was classic love at first sight for us. Been 35 years now and seas still get rough at times. “Secrets” to staying married seem to be plentiful but I am clueless as to which are true. We still go to bed angry mant times. I’m half Italian and she is Cuban so just going to bed mad instead of killing each other is a victory. Honesty does not seem to matter. She told me she was Italian and held to that lie for ten years.

Good luck with those two little girls. Once they get the bug for boys, you become more of a light switch they turn on and off depending on how things are going with said boys. Good news is daughters never leave you. Wait, that’s the bad news. Ah, you’ll figure it out.
They're going into 10th and 7th grades now. The older one thinks I'm embarrassing and doesn't want me to even talk when her friends are near...so you know I have fun messing with her... and the little one helps me!

@RVACane back in the day I almost married into the tribe (an yes she was a very pretty bagel and lox eating big girl who was the streotypical ***) until she tried to run me over with her car, she missed an they tried again in reverse so I felt it was prudent to part ways.

I am not going to lie she was very very very talented behind closed doors and highly intelligent just apparently bat **** crazy, I guess that's why she is in management at a hedge fund.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Kudos for not reneging on your responsibilities as a father. Divorces are tough on everyone and usually the kids get hit hardest being in the middle. But **** happens. You may stop being a husband but you will never stop being a father. And a thumbs up for being a smartass Hebrew.

@RVACane back in the day I almost married into the tribe (an yes she was a very pretty bagel and lox eating big girl who was the streotypical ***) until she tried to run me over with her car, she missed an they tried again in reverse so I felt it was prudent to part ways.

I am not going to lie she was very very very talented behind closed doors and highly intelligent just apparently bat **** crazy, I guess that's why she is in management at a hedge fund.

Go Canes
Holy Shiite, you mentioned a ****** girlfriend a couple years ago but I didn't realize she was psycho like that...like Lizzie Grubb trying to run people over! That's not the typical MO of a Hebrew chick...it's usually more along the lines of the *** thing. I went to a college full of the New York /New Jersey variety. I have no tolerance for it. I hadn't been out with a ****** girl in years and recently went out with one who, at 50, told me she's a princess and broke down my texts and questioned everything I said. I say some crazy shît sometimes. I need someone who sees past it and rolls with things

I cluelessly, and without knowledge of the differences in Asian cultures, beyond restaurants and dubbed in 1970"s "Gung Fu" movies, thought I was a smart guy avoiding ****** girls and marrying a Korean nurse practitioner....which makes my kids Jewreans, btw. I had visions of Asian female subservience and nurturing when I am sick.

I got my äss kicked worse than any ****** girl could muster. For one, nurse's treat their own loved ones like shît unless a limb is hanging off. And Koreans... from my experience in her family, that culture is stoic, non-gregarious, serious, does not tolerate talking back or out of turn or too much and is bottom line...in her case imperfection was catastrophic failure and effort is irrelevant.

I'm not religious but I'm a total cultural ***. I wreak Heeb. I talk with my hands, I talk too much and i talk out of turn...to anyone, I joke, I talk back, I show emotion, I'm not a stoic pillar... I'm organizationally challenged. I'm a disorderly, semi-unruly, ADHD, neurotic ****** mess with no personal organizational skills only business ones that I developed through my own excel based interactive management systems to force structure in order to overcome it...which actually makes me efficient in the workplace. I passed the Florida Bar by scheduling every subject by the hour on a calendar I followed for 2 1\2 months.

I learned that life is short and it's hard enough to find a good person who is right for you and you for her so I just base my choices on qualitative things. Shouldn't any just God look beyond differences of race, religion and ethnicity and want us to make choices that are based on individual qualities?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back