Vegas thinks Golden is Gone after This Season

You youngsters should try to find out what happened. In fact, you should start with JJ, and discover how the Admin jerked him around.

Then go find out how they jerked Butch around on his contract, and he finally said, 'no more.'

Lol at your revisionist history, Butch was being a baby about his buyout despite the fact Miami was going to make him the 3rd highest paid coach in college football because he knew he wasn't staying that entire contract.

Butch was literally telling kids up until the day he left he was staying a Miami for life despite the fact that he was negotiating with Cleveland the entire time he was trying to get Miami to bend over for his buyout.

Dude left the program high and dry and left an entire signing class left hanging.

Then he went to the NFL and failed miserably, came back to the ACC and never had a winning record in the conference and was having his nanny write papers for football players.

There's a reason why his career is over.

This!!! This this this!! Take a read through this article to refresh your memory about how dirty Butch did Miami: http://si.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1021742/1/index.htm

Again, boulschitt! You get one article, which doesn't get into the problem, and just run with whatever BS you feel comfortable at the moment.

Get this straight. Butch wanted to stay at Miami. He'd already done the heavy lifting in restoring the Miami program to top form!

The UM Administration, collectively, are a bunch of dumb fcuks. Were, are, and apparently, ever will be.

(Maybe UM needs to get a law grad from Mississippi State the next time they negotiate with a coach)

Butch Davis: Ten days before we played Boston College, in the last game of the season, we had completed 97% of the contract. It had taken us three hours to agree to the money. That was done. . . . . The stumbling block we could never get over was, if they decided to do what North Carolina did, [by suddenly just firing him] they were only going to pay me 20% of the money, but because Miami had been burned by Howard leaving, and Jimmy leaving, and Dennis leaving, so if I had ever left I had to pay them 80%."

"I said, guys, that isn't fair. I can't pay you 80 and you're only going to pay me 20. If you wake up and say, 'I don't like red-headed coaches', I'm gone. Let's make it 80/80, 20/20, or 50/50.' We battled over 20/80 for almost two months. I turned the Cleveland Browns job down. I turned down two other jobs.

. . . We made one more stab and called Paul Dee and he went to the trustees and asked them to make it fair. Finally, we made the change. I wish we hadn't have, but we did."

These admins and trustees are supposed to be somewhat smart.

They sure do some dumb siht.

So. You want to blame Butch for this, then you go right ahead. JJ almost quit a couple times himself. All Butch wanted was equity. Let them choose the percentage, but equity in splitting the difference, whatever it may be.

Advertisement
8 figures??? LMFAO, we can't even come up with money to hire a top tier HC and you think the admin signed that kind of deal. Talk about dense.

Golden is reportedly making somewhere in the neighborhood of $2.5M a year which means the University still owes him somewhere near $15M as of this season.

If you are buying him out after this year he's getting almost all of that money, even if he's taking 80% as a buyout he's still getting an 8 figure buyout. It's simple logic that you for some insane reason can't figure out.

No, what I saying about your hypothetical is it is horse****. There is no logic at all for a school that can't pony up the money for a tier 1 HC.

You are basically saying the Admin/President are totally clueless on signing contracts for a HC that hasn't done ****.

In the end, you could be right. They may be that stupid.

No, what I saying about your hypothetical is it is horse****. There is no logic at all for a school that can't pony up the money for a tier 1 HC.

You are basically saying the Admin/President are totally clueless on signing contracts for a HC that hasn't done ****.

Miami can't be paying Al Golden $2.5M a year to sit on the sidelines and pay another "tier 1 HC" (which none of the Golden haters seem to actually have a name for).

Shawn Eichorst signed the extension, you have a problem, call up Nebraska and take it up with him.

How exactly did Davis do Miami dirty? Dee should have paid him.

He was set to become the third highest paid coach in college football. He was going to get paid but since in the end all he was doing was using Miami as a stepping stone to the NFL, he didn't want to be forced to payback salary to the school when he left for the NFL.

He preached Miami lifer in public but was nothing of the sort in reality.

They were in negotiations and he had already said no to the browns. He wanted to stay and dee was negotiating on bad faith. Its in the article, can't you read???

All coaches say that **** about being lifers, your Golden boy did the same **** and would have bolted had State Penn offered him the job.

So. You want to blame Butch for this, then you go right ahead. JJ almost quit a couple times himself. All Butch wanted was equity. Let them choose the percentage, but equity in splitting the difference, whatever it may be.

The admins are stupid for realizing that Butch was going to leave Miami no matter what? If Butch was so "I LOVE MIAMI" why would he be worried about a buyout he was never going to have to payback?

He was going to be one of the highest paid coaches in the NCAA, a guy who did nothing but proclaim his Miami love, but for some reason he wanted a contract that said if he left he was going to get out of it for pennies on the dollar?

Now why would he go and do that? ODD REALLY DONTCHA THINK?

Advertisement

He was set to become the third highest paid coach in college football. He was going to get paid but since in the end all he was doing was using Miami as a stepping stone to the NFL, he didn't want to be forced to payback salary to the school when he left for the NFL.

He preached Miami lifer in public but was nothing of the sort in reality.

They were in negotiations and he had already said no to the browns. He wanted to stay and dee was negotiating on bad faith. Its in the article, can't you read???

All coaches say that **** about being lifers, your Golden boy did the same **** and would have bolted had State Penn offered him the job.

He said no to the Browns but somehow magically he got a contract done with them in under 24 hours when Miami wouldn't give the baby his bottle.

Must have been the fastest contract negotiation, drafting and agreeing of all time.

Miami can't be paying Al Golden $2.5M a year to sit on the sidelines and pay another "tier 1 HC" (which none of the Golden haters seem to actually have a name for).

Shawn Eichorst signed the extension, you have a problem, call up Nebraska and take it up with him.

LOL, now I know your trolling or you are just one really dumb ****. I've stated this already.

Eichorst had to get buy off from the board and President for any contract. They write the checks.

LOL, now I know your trolling or you are just one really dumb ****. I've stated this already.

Eichorst had to get buy off from the board and President for any contract. They write the checks.

Yeah, stupid Board of Trustees trying to make sure the Head Coach they just hired and who was going to stick with the program through a gigantic scandal we didnt tell him about didn't bolt after 1 year.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING??

I like Butch Davis but didnt he leave a loaded UM team to coach the Browns? Imagine what he wouldve done if he was here during the Shapiro Investigation. Yea Golden can do a lot better job at coaching and recruiting but you cant question his loyalty.

Ignorance is bliss huh? Stupid ******* porst

Advertisement
You Anti-Golden, Pro-Butch fangirls make me laugh so much.

You **** all over Golden for not taking the team to the promised land, but somehow don't realize that Butch couldn't once win 5 games in the ACC while his program was cheating at the likes unheard of outside the SEC.

If Golden didn't have a winning record in 3 years in the ACC I'm pretty sure you would have burned his house down, but somehow Butch is the savior of the program.

238.gif

Another? Where the fvck is the tier 1HC we are supposed to have now?

the fake Canes fans on this site are going FULL ******* ****** :ibisroflmao:

I like you bro but let me ask you honestly.....

You think AG is the man for this job? Really? After watching this team for the last 3 years you really deep down in your orange and green heart believe it?

I don't. There are millions of things I could point to as reasons but the one that really stands out is the attitude of our starting QB last season and the comments he made about basically not giving a fvck.

What did the corching staff do about it? Nada. Any one of our 4 legendary coaches would have dummped that dude right then and there. Even Erickson would have benched him. But Dorito Golden...nope...just kept heaping praise on the kid like he was in the running for the Heisman or something...it was ******* disgusting.

Be honest.

You think AG is the man for this job? Really? After watching this team for the last 3 years you really deep down in your orange and green heart believe it?

I don't. There are millions of things I could point to as reasons but the one that really stands out is the attitude of our starting QB last season and the comments he made about basically not giving a fvck.

What did the corching staff do about it? Nada. Any one of our 4 legendary coaches would have dummped that dude right then and there. Even Erickson would have benched him. But Dorito Golden...nope...just kept heaping praise on the kid like he was in the running for the Heisman or something...it was ******* disgusting.

Be honest.

Golden sucks because you took offense to something Morris said and didn't bench him.

Flawless logic bro, AD's must be knocking down your door to offer you head coaching positions.

Advertisement

Be honest.
a few thing about miami, because i can only speak for myself, that I think. i think continuity is as important right now to our future success on the field, as other things people talk about. i think the ncaa and randy's legacy were more detrimental than some are willing to admit. i know Al is here for at least two more years and thats a reality that i can't control. i know Donna is more responsible for the state of the program over the last decade than larry, randy and al. I know we are much more talented going forward on the field for the next three seasons, than the last three. i have seen this here at miami before and i'm not ready to make a final decision on al. i'll know in two year. right now i think the jury is still out.

Be honest.
a few thing about miami, because i can only speak for myself, that I think. i think continuity is as important right now to our future success on the field, as other things people talk about. i think the ncaa and randy's legacy were more detrimental than some are willing to admit. i know Al is here for at least two more years and thats a reality that i can't control. i know Donna is more responsible for the state of the program over the last decade than larry, randy and al. I know we are much more talented going forward on the field for the next three seasons, than the last three. i have seen this here at miami before and i'm not ready to make a final decision on al. i'll know in two year. right now i think the jury is still out.

Fair enough. I agree that the admin has been the biggest problem and in my opinion Dorito Golden is simply a symptom.

Last year really took a toll on my faith in this staff.

The team has never looked better at the end of the season compared to the beginning with these coaches for 3 consecutive years now..
The defense has been horrific at best.
There is zero killer instinct from a team-wide standpoint and it shows come gameday.
3 years in and the 2 most important positions on the team are still the biggest question marks.
Don't even get me started on the snickers thing.

I know we are stuck with this for the foreseeable future but I'm not happy. I refuse to just shut up and be force fed without btiching about it every step of the way. I do understand where you are coming from though.

Not shutting up and the incessant, immature bashing of everything associated with the program is really wearing thin on me. There's a time and a place for everything.

Advertisement
I really don't care what Vegas says, its 10+ wins or GTFO...

If he goes 4-8 this year and doesn't get fired, the problem isn't the coach it is the admin.

No matter what Alfred does this year....the admin has been the problem for a long time.

Alfred, Larry, Randy....all symptoms of the underlying disease.

You youngsters should try to find out what happened. In fact, you should start with JJ, and discover how the Admin jerked him around.

Then go find out how they jerked Butch around on his contract, and he finally said, 'no more.'

Lol at your revisionist history, Butch was being a baby about his buyout despite the fact Miami was going to make him the 3rd highest paid coach in college football because he knew he wasn't staying that entire contract.

Butch was literally telling kids up until the day he left he was staying a Miami for life despite the fact that he was negotiating with Cleveland the entire time he was trying to get Miami to bend over for his buyout.

Dude left the program high and dry and left an entire signing class left hanging.

Then he went to the NFL and failed miserably, came back to the ACC and never had a winning record in the conference and was having his nanny write papers for football players.

There's a reason why his career is over.

This!!! This this this!! Take a read through this article to refresh your memory about how dirty Butch did Miami: http://si.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1021742/1/index.htm

I loved this gem of Coker taking over "He inherits a program that bears no resemblance to the mess that Davis took over; instead, it has as much talent as any in the country."

Butch blatantly lied to players, whom many considered a father figure and looked up to, about staying and kept the lies going even tho he had one foot out the door to Cleveland. He left Miami high and dry weeks before signing day. He preached loyalty to his players and then turned his back on them. Was Paul Dee acting like a douche during contract negotiations? Yes, but Dee was a douche most of the time. Butch would've eventually gone to the league with his continued success at Miami, but he got the offer from Cleveland and used Dee's crappy, hard nosed negotiation tactics as an excuse to bounce. Miami should've negotiated differently, but Butch flat out lied to people who would've laid down in front of a bus for him! It sucks the way it went down, especially with the end result because something special was just getting started!!

Last edited:
Not shutting up and the incessant, immature bashing of everything associated with the program is really wearing thin on me. There's a time and a place for everything.

Sounds like you're really soft.

Tell you what. You see a post my me - just realize you're too sensitive to read it - and skip that one by.

Problem solved.

The admins are stupid for realizing that Butch was going to leave Miami no matter what? If Butch was so "I LOVE MIAMI" why would he be worried about a buyout he was never going to have to payback?

He was going to be one of the highest paid coaches in the NCAA, a guy who did nothing but proclaim his Miami love, but for some reason he wanted a contract that said if he left he was going to get out of it for pennies on the dollar?

Now why would he go and do that? ODD REALLY DONTCHA THINK?

I can tell you aced the reading comprehension and math on your SAT's, ACT's or whatever.

Butch didn't give a siht what the buyout was - 80/80, 20/20, or 50/50. He just wanted equity - and the math to be equal - and he left that up to UM.

Read it slow. A few times. On the math, get your fourth grade sister to explain that part.

Advertisement
Back