Vegas thinks Golden is Gone after This Season

155.gif

Advertisement
one could make the argument that he already did and he got screwed over by the ncaa siht.

you say it wont happen as if you can tell the future, go on...

one could make the argument that he already did and he got screwed over by the ncaa siht.

Three reasons.

1. He's too rigid and relies entirely on structure. Process/structure. He's compelled the players to "trust the process" and to pretty much abandon their own intuitions, and man, it shows. To watch a defensive player run to a spot on the field, and NOT be watching and reacting to the offense - well, we have been seeing the results.

2. His rigidity and structure fails under gameday conditions. When his structure is being disassembled on the field, he can't make timely, intuitive adjustments, and since his players have had much of their intuition subordinated, it doesn't bode well for them either.

You won't see many - if any - adjustments during games. When you're committed to a structured plan, and that plan has turned to siht, now the game is moving much faster than structure allows one to adjust to. By the time Golden or D'Onofrio can actually make an adjustment, the opposing coaches, sometimes anticipating such a move, have already changed up again.

3. Golden doesn't have the instinct to finish an opponent off. That's self-explanatory. He gets ahead, he calls off the dogs. And it's going to bite him in his *** his entire coaching career if he continues.

I hate the morons who imply that those of us who talk negatively about Golden and D'onofrio are not Miami fans. As if you can only be a fan if you have blind hope regardless of what has happened in the past.

Those of us who are vocal are that way because it ****es us off that teams like Wake, Duke, GT and BC have either won or been to the ACC Championship and we have not. It ****es us off that a team like Louisville can use SoFla players to bend Miami over and make a mockery of the U (see Teddy's U followed by a throat-slash). It ****es us off that there's virtually no hope outside of these boards that we can even compete with Florida State, let alone beat them. It ****es us off that we've had two of the worst defenses in Miami history and not one change was made. It ****es us off that our head coach tried to leave for Pedo State and went dark, only to come crawling back when he didn't get the job. And it ****es us off that administration doesn't seem to give a **** what happens on the field as long as they can tweet about APR numbers.

I would love to be drinking Miami kool-aid year round, but I just watched a team quit down the stretch when we were setting ourselves up for a shot at the ACC Championship game and a really good bowl game.

Advertisement
I just hope to God, that no matter what, anything below 10 wins is an automatic firing. He has a 10 win season and we win the ACC should be the only thing to keep his hopes of staying here alive.

Advertisement

Three reasons.

1. He's too rigid and relies entirely on structure. Process/structure. He's compelled the players to "trust the process" and to pretty much abandon their own intuitions, and man, it shows. To watch a defensive player run to a spot on the field, and NOT be watching and reacting to the offense - well, we have been seeing the results.

2. His rigidity and structure fails under gameday conditions. When his structure is being disassembled on the field, he can't make timely, intuitive adjustments, and since his players have had much of their intuition subordinated, it doesn't bode well for them either.

You won't see many - if any - adjustments during games. When you're committed to a structured plan, and that plan has turned to siht, now the game is moving much faster than structure allows one to adjust to. By the time Golden or D'Onofrio can actually make an adjustment, the opposing coaches, sometimes anticipating such a move, have already changed up again.

3. Golden doesn't have the instinct to finish an opponent off. That's self-explanatory. He gets ahead, he calls off the dogs. And it's going to bite him in his *** his entire coaching career if he continues.

Archer always brings it...

Nice call Farchie, it's like you had a crystal ball for the 2014 season before it got under way. It is true....a Leopard never changes his spots.

I hate the morons who imply that those of us who talk negatively about Golden and D'onofrio are not Miami fans. As if you can only be a fan if you have blind hope regardless of what has happened in the past.

Those of us who are vocal are that way because it ****es us off that teams like Wake, Duke, GT and BC have either won or been to the ACC Championship and we have not. It ****es us off that a team like Louisville can use SoFla players to bend Miami over and make a mockery of the U (see Teddy's U followed by a throat-slash). It ****es us off that there's virtually no hope outside of these boards that we can even compete with Florida State, let alone beat them. It ****es us off that we've had two of the worst defenses in Miami history and not one change was made. It ****es us off that our head coach tried to leave for Pedo State and went dark, only to come crawling back when he didn't get the job. And it ****es us off that administration doesn't seem to give a **** what happens on the field as long as they can tweet about APR numbers.

I would love to be drinking Miami kool-aid year round, but I just watched a team quit down the stretch when we were setting ourselves up for a shot at the ACC Championship game and a really good bowl game.

THIS!

Advertisement
I think he is gone with anything less than winning the Coastal. He has no "cards" left to play. In defying logic over the last few seasons and keeping this staff intact despite being "urged" to make changes he has used up the ability to save his job for another year by letting his coaches fall on the sword for him. While the BOT, Blake, etc ... Have allowed this train wreck to happen in slow motion over the last several years, I honk even they realize the program is at a crossroads this season. Barring a miraculous turnaround on the field this season, even the Golden homers will have to face facts.... He is not cut out for this job if the expectations are National Titles. With everything going on (in state rivals embarrassing us, Addidas deal, new Pres, etc...) we will either be playing in the ACC Chapionship game or conducting a coaching search this December IMO.

Advertisement
While I always root for an undefeated season, I know in my heart that we will only win games against token programs that have no desire to win at the top levels. Any team that cares about winning will beat us. If that is correct we win no more than 5 games this year.

Advertisement
Back