Vegas thinks Golden is Gone after This Season

It's a fair number that Vegas gave us. Louisville game will flip all those on this thread thinking that 7.5 is low.

Advertisement
I like Butch Davis but didnt he leave a loaded UM team to coach the Browns? Imagine what he wouldve done if he was here during the Shapiro Investigation. Yea Golden can do a lot better job at coaching and recruiting but you cant question his loyalty.

where are the trogs that say its 10 wins minimum?

I told you'll retards that 7.5 would be the line. ******* jack asses.

and the under is a heavy favorite

Golden could go 4-8 and he would still be the head coach at the Miami

I don't see Golden and the Chief Dwarf all chummy like before the Penn State fiasco.

Golden ****ed her off. Vegas says Golden sucks. (Some of the more analytical posters here have been saying the same thing.)

Vegas don't miss much. Like some of us posters here.

Some of the Vegas win totals from 2013:

Central Florida
Over 8.5 (+125)
Under 8.5 (-165)

Auburn
Over 6.5 (+120)
Under 6.5 (-160)

Baylor
Over 7.5 (-175)
Under 7.5 (+135)

Duke
Over 5.5 (+120)
Under 5.5 (-160)

Florida
Over 9.5 (+140)
Under 9.5 (-180)

Michigan St
Over 8.5 (-120)
Under 8.5 (-120)

Missouri
Over 5.5 (-180)
Under 5.5 (+140)

550.gif

Advertisement
We should just hire Mike leach now and let golden coach thru the 6-7 season. I got us losing to Idaho in the bowl game

Since the U doesn't share their contracts with the media, where are you pulling that 2019 year from? If the admin made that deal, they all need to be fired.

So, after less than one full season, Miami has given Golden’s contract another look. He has signed a four-year extension through February 1, 2020, the school announced Friday.

“I look forward to working side-by-side with Coach Golden for many years,” athletics director Shawn Eichorst said. “Al has done a fantastic job of rebuilding and solidifying the foundation of our football program while fostering success both on and off the field. He has been a first-class representative of our University and I am confident that with Al leading the way, our future is very bright.”

It was just a few weeks ago that Golden’s agent, Brett Senior, told CBSSports.com that Golden had options if he chose to get out of his five-year contract. He later told the Miami Herald that Golden was “not going anywhere.”

The admin who made that deal is now the AD at Nebraska, so no one to fire.

He could always go back to Temple...I think we are all cool with that

And then what?

Who does Miami hire then (keeping in mind they would have to pay Golden's until 2019)?

Damned near - anyone! Butch sticks out for a few reasons - cost being the primary concern.

Best of all - he'd like the job.

Butch has zero shot at getting a head coaching job again

Fixed it for yah brah.

Advertisement
He could always go back to Temple...I think we are all cool with that

And then what?

Who does Miami hire then (keeping in mind they would have to pay Golden's until 2019)?

Damned near - anyone! Butch sticks out for a few reasons - cost being the primary concern.

Best of all - he'd like the job.
Butch has zero shot at getting the head coaching job at Miami again

You won't be doing the hiring.

Tough.

I like Butch Davis but didnt he leave a loaded UM team to coach the Browns? Imagine what he wouldve done if he was here during the Shapiro Investigation. Yea Golden can do a lot better job at coaching and recruiting but you cant question his loyalty.

You youngsters should try to find out what happened. In fact, you should start with JJ, and discover how the Admin jerked him around.

Then go find out how they jerked Butch around on his contract, and he finally said, 'no more.'

Advertisement
where are the trogs that say its 10 wins minimum?

I told you'll retards that 7.5 would be the line. ****ing jack asses.

and the under is a heavy favorite

How is the under the favorite? Over is sitting at -160, that's obviously the heavy favorite.

You youngsters should try to find out what happened. In fact, you should start with JJ, and discover how the Admin jerked him around.

Then go find out how they jerked Butch around on his contract, and he finally said, 'no more.'

Lol at your revisionist history, Butch was being a baby about his buyout despite the fact Miami was going to make him the 3rd highest paid coach in college football because he knew he wasn't staying that entire contract.

Butch was literally telling kids up until the day he left he was staying a Miami for life despite the fact that he was negotiating with Cleveland the entire time he was trying to get Miami to bend over for his buyout.

Dude left the program high and dry and left an entire signing class left hanging.

Then he went to the NFL and failed miserably, came back to the ACC and never had a winning record in the conference and was having his nanny write papers for football players.

There's a reason why his career is over.

Advertisement
Since the U doesn't share their contracts with the media, where are you pulling that 2019 year from? If the admin made that deal, they all need to be fired.

So, after less than one full season, Miami has given Golden’s contract another look. He has signed a four-year extension through February 1, 2020, the school announced Friday.

“I look forward to working side-by-side with Coach Golden for many years,” athletics director Shawn Eichorst said. “Al has done a fantastic job of rebuilding and solidifying the foundation of our football program while fostering success both on and off the field. He has been a first-class representative of our University and I am confident that with Al leading the way, our future is very bright.”

It was just a few weeks ago that Golden’s agent, Brett Senior, told CBSSports.com that Golden had options if he chose to get out of his five-year contract. He later told the Miami Herald that Golden was “not going anywhere.”

The admin who made that deal is now the AD at Nebraska, so no one to fire.

That says nothing about a buyout, focus, that is what you stated that the U would be paying him through 2019.

The board and the President have to sign off on any contracts. So there are plenty to fire that are still here. I guarantee you the buyout wouldn't be till 2019. That's just stupid.

That says nothing about a buyout, focus, that is what you stated that the U would be paying him through 2019.

The board and the President have to sign off on any contracts. So there are plenty to fire that are still here. I guarantee you the buyout wouldn't be till 2019. That's just stupid.

Charlie Weis is still getting paid by Notre Dame (he made more from ND than Brian Kelly last year), you really thing Miami has some magical out from a guaranteed contract if they terminate Golden? It took them two years and a lawsuit to settle Randy Shannons contract after he was fired.

Best case scenario for Miami is either an agreed upon termination fee, or if Golden takes another job they reduce the payment by what his new deal is.

But it's absurd to think that Miami is financially getting out of a contract with Golden if they fire him, dude is getting paid either over time or in a lump sum. Simple as that.

Advertisement
Back