VEGAS HAS SPOKEN

That's not surprising but embarrassing nonetheless

Disgraceful when you consider where we were a few years ago. An ABOMINATION, in fact! No way this program should be the stinking piece of crap it is now. Real universities with competent administrations don't let something like this happen. You can be a good academic school and have good sports programs. The hated Domers and Stanford have proved that. This is just damned incompetence. This BOT wouldn't know a competent coach if Butch bit each one of them in the ***!

Advertisement
I am not a gambler and I honestly don't understand or follow sports gambling......(even though I work in Vegas LOL)
Historically, how accurate those predictions are?
Anyone?

If you went with Vegas last year, you wouldveost money.

Overall, they're in the positive, but there are always exceptions to the rule.

Advertisement
ROFLMAO! Looks like the Goldenites are ready to move to easy stree! Surely, those scum claiming we win 10-14 games are betting the farm?

ROFLMAO! You KNOW they are not.

I am not a gambler and I honestly don't understand or follow sports gambling......(even though I work in Vegas LOL)
Historically, how accurate those predictions are?
Anyone?

super accurate. Scary good.

I have a buddy who's kid was a mensa type kid. Super high IQ - Hilarious given that my buddy was a redneck general contractor. lol Anyway, he got approached early on by a company that writes algorithms for slot machines. They hire elite talent and pay them WELL.

Depressing.
Thanks for the bad news (or the good news if you want Al gone by all means)

Advertisement
Vegas doesn't set lines based on what they think is going to happen. They set lines based on which number will get equal money bet on both sides. It's the reason lines move.

A Miami HC, in year 5 of his tenure, is even money to finish .500 on the season?

But the BOT and AD think he's the guy for job ...

But......but The Cloud! The adversity endured!.....He stuck around.... The 8 pillars.....Molding exceptional student athletes takes time.....etc........STFU and get this Bozo the **** out of here while there is still time!

It's a pathetically easy schedule...nobody wants Golden gone more than myself but I'm telling you right now...we're ****ed.

That fat **** is going to win a bunch of close games, Dave Wannstadt style (13-10, 14-13, 17-14 kinda games) and we'll finish with 8 or 9 wins. The ******* idiots that run our program will then look at those 8 or 9 wins in a vacuum and yell "IMPROVEMENT" at the top of their pathetic ******* lungs and use it as an excuse to keep our self imposed purgatory going.

I pray to God I'm wrong...but i have a horrible feeling this is what's going to happen.
Dude last year's schedule was easy as well.

This year we have Clemson. Plus a good GT team, Duke at Duke, Nebraska (at home), Virginia (Golden is 1-3 against), VT, and of course our annual guaranteed loss with FSU.

It's a pathetically easy schedule...nobody wants Golden gone more than myself but I'm telling you right now...we're ****ed.

That fat **** is going to win a bunch of close games, Dave Wannstadt style (13-10, 14-13, 17-14 kinda games) and we'll finish with 8 or 9 wins. The ****ing idiots that run our program will then look at those 8 or 9 wins in a vacuum and yell "IMPROVEMENT" at the top of their pathetic ****ing lungs and use it as an excuse to keep our self imposed purgatory going.

I pray to God I'm wrong...but i have a horrible feeling this is what's going to happen.

This year we have Clemson. Plus a good GT team, Duke at Duke, Nebraska (at home), Virginia (Golden is 1-3 against), VT, and of course our annual guaranteed loss with FSU.

If Deshan Watson starts, Clemson might put up 70. They might have the best WR duo in the ACC too.

Advertisement
GT, Louisville, and Nebraska all on the road for a true freshman... That was tough.

That fat **** is going to win a bunch of close games, Dave Wannstadt style (13-10, 14-13, 17-14 kinda games) and we'll finish with 8 or 9 wins. The ****ing idiots that run our program will then look at those 8 or 9 wins in a vacuum and yell "IMPROVEMENT" at the top of their pathetic ****ing lungs and use it as an excuse to keep our self imposed purgatory going.

Unfortunately the over is going to happen. They'll get to 8 or 9 and Earlfred saves his ******.

We were meant to suffer, it's our lot in life.

Advertisement
Seems that way. I'm hoping 8 wins is bad enough to get him run off. Heck, even 9 wins, if the losses are embarrassing enough. Either win big, or go elsewhere. My patience is all gone, and I had a LOT of it.
Unfortunately the over is going to happen. They'll get to 8 or 9 and Earlfred saves his ******.

We were meant to suffer, it's our lot in life.

Who's idea was it to go with the frosh QB in those environments?

Who's job is it to recruit the roster so that you aren't "stuck starting a true freshman"?

In year 4, that excuse is unacceptable to me.

If they thought Kaaya was good enough to start, then they (and you) don't get to use the "true freshman" excuse, IMO.

GT, Louisville, and Nebraska all on the road for a true freshman... That was tough.

Well, Williams was injured, and Olsen ended up being a bigger screwball than anyone could have expected. Throw in the fact Heaps couldn't win the job, you have Kaaya getting the job. I don't see how Golden messed up the QB situation. Kaaya was just too good to keep off the field, but was a true freshman.

There's lots to hate Golden over, but not the QB situation. I was just pointing out the fact that three tough road games was a lot for a true freshman QB. I think it'll pay off down the road, and we'll all be glad Kaaya got that experience.

Who's job is it to recruit the roster so that you aren't "stuck starting a true freshman"?

If they thought Kaaya was good enough to start, then they (and you) don't get to use the "true freshman" excuse, IMO.

I get your point, but I completely disagree with you on the following:

1. Golden chose not to allow Jacoby Brissett to transfer in from Florida. The kid wanted in, and Golden told him there was no room. That's a roster management error when you're using the QB depth chart as an issue for last year. Golden thought having Dewey, Crow, and David Thompson on the roster were reason enough to not want Brissett ... That's how Golden messed up the QB situation. At minimum, you move Crow (as they've done, now) to another position to bring in Brissett. They knew Crow was never going to get meaningful snaps at QB ...

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...ins-canes-notes-heat-marlins-roster-buzz.html

2. If Kaaya was "just too good to keep off the field", then I can't accept the "true freshman" excuse. They obviously thought he was a better option than Heaps, so his age couldn't have been that big of a deal ... Unless, they were looking for a "ready made excuse" for why the season didn't go as well as predicted/hoped???

... I assume we're both fans of the program, so I'll end on a positive ... I agree with you on the benefit of Kaaya getting the experience. Hopefully, he makes a big jump this season.

Well, Williams was injured, and Olsen ended up being a bigger screwball than anyone could have expected. Throw in the fact Heaps couldn't win the job, you have Kaaya getting the job. I don't see how Golden messed up the QB situation. Kaaya was just too good to keep off the field, but was a true freshman.

There's lots to hate Golden over, but not the QB situation. I was just pointing out the fact that three tough road games was a lot for a true freshman QB. I think it'll pay off down the road, and we'll all be glad Kaaya got that experience.

Advertisement
Back