Van Dyke - How's He Looking In Practice?

I can agree or live with all of that.

I don't want anyone to think I'm condemning this young man to mediocrity or even failure here, I just didn't see someone who I automatically thought would kill it here or anywhere.

He has work to do, time so far to do it and that's all we can ask for. I know everyone is desperate for the next great QB here at QBU, but I'm not going to jump on that hype train with him. I want to see what he's improved on and how he progresses.
He's not it, nor is Kosi. He's a deer in the headlights and we're in trouble if he starts against Bama.

Advertisement
Feeley's comments about Van Dyke and Matocha (from a Rivals interview with Feeley this morning)

“Peyton Matocha and Tyler Van Dyke, those two are absolute workhorses, they really are. And the amount of change that has been seen through both of them since the first day they stepped in the building is tremendous. Tyler Van Dyke, his before and after profile of when he first showed up to now has been tremendous, just like Peyton’s was last year. Those two understand and value how important their work ethic is and how it will permeate through the rest of the team.”

It sounds like he's got the work ethic and leadership aspects down to be QB1

How tf do you know he's a Deer in Headlights??...
I've heard nothing but rave reviews....Not getting him Snaps with an easy schedule is what irks me more than anything....

He has no fūcking idea. Nobody knows if he actually is or isn’t the answer until he’s played some games....and anyway starting with Alabama could rattle even a future Heisman winner if it is his first ever college start.

Advertisement
He has no fūcking idea. Nobody knows if he actually is or isn’t the answer until he’s played some games....and anyway starting with Alabama could rattle even a future Heisman winner if it is his first ever college start.
No one here has a clue how he.would do
He could get rattled or he.could have a super game. Probably in-between the two. You definitely do not refuse to start him because you you are afraid he will get rattled if he is the best available.

No one here has a clue how he.would do
He could get rattled or he.could have a super game. Probably in-between the two. You definitely do not refuse to start him because you you are afraid he will get rattled if he is the best available.

Against Alabama though? That is a tough call. First college game ever for a redshirt freshmens against them? You are asking a lot. I imagine they’re not gonna put a lot on his shoulders if he is indeed the starter against Alabama. They’re going to keep it simple.

How tf do you know he's a Deer in Headlights??...
I've heard nothing but rave reviews....Not getting him Snaps with an easy schedule is what irks me more than anything....
It is troubling that our QB of the future has not gotten any time in a few of these games at the very end even if it would mean handing the ball off.

Not everyone at Greentree is enamored with TVD and Feely's comments that he's a a hard worker aren't what I want to hear at this point.

Advertisement
It is troubling that our QB of the future has not gotten any time in a few of these games at the very end even if it would mean handing the ball off.

Not everyone at Greentree is enamored with TVD and Feely's comments that he's a a hard worker aren't what I want to hear at this point.
Stop the BS....Who at Greentree isn't enamored??
I was told...Kid is the Goods from multiple people....

Advertisement
Against Alabama though? That is a tough call. First college game ever for a redshirt freshmens against them? You are asking a lot. I imagine they’re not gonna put a lot on his shoulders if he is indeed the starter against Alabama. They’re going to keep it simple.
No Canes team should ever play scared. If so the game was already lost before it started.

TVD is more mobile than people think. If he can mirror what Howell is that would be massive! However, TVD reminds me more of Eric Dungey from Syracuse, but hopefully better lol.
Dungey was an absolute stud for Syracuse and was the reason they had the one 10 win season, he put the team on his back countless amounts of times. He’s the only reason Babers hasn’t gotten fired yet, Dungey’s play gave him an extra two years

Advertisement
What do you expect them to say? Can TVD be a decent college QB? Of course. Is he of a caliber to take us to the next level? No, IMO.

I will stand by what i said before. he's legit and the best actual pro prospect we've had in the building in a lifetime.

let's see how he does, but there's nobody thinking this kid doesn't have that kind of potential.

I will stand by what i said before. he's legit and the best actual pro prospect we've had in the building in a lifetime.

let's see how he does, but there's nobody thinking this kid doesn't have that kind of potential.
Hope you're right and can't wait to see him in action.

Advertisement
Back