Validation

Advertisement
I sat behind our bench, the players who weren't really playing (and some that were) really got into the game. Asking the crowd for more noise, dancing and celebreating. They were having a great time out there, having fun. Our sideline is very lively and fun

Miami Dancing GIF by ACC Network

- the refs were ridiculous all game (poor Mauigoa had like 65 yards of penalties between them)
- Anez Cooper is a fkn MAN
- Parrish played his *** off
- J Davis was a **** maniac
- JWilliams had a few ole style tackle attempts but he also had some amazing wrap up tackles
- Was worried about our punter but he played nice as well
- ST tackling infinitely better
- JHH seemed from watching him to make a big impact when he was in
JHH is a guy I’m pulling for a few years back he would alway jump on the tv with his plays! Hoping he regains that

Advertisement
Advertisement
Both brothers had tough games but they kept fighting. This game was a huge win and should make this team better if they keep their head on straight and keep working.

We took our lumps, some players had some big mistakes but the boys kept fighting. It was finally a nice Saturday to be a canes fan.
The holds are bad and he will learn and get better and stronger with experience. You know what he didn't do? Let our QB get smashed. I'll take those holds all day over the ole **** we used to put out there.

You are very welcome. I was going to ask @Samoan Souljah how to pronounce Mauigoa

Is it pronounced Maui- No-Uh like they said?

I’ve been pronouncing it like it’s spelled.
Yep! I took a screenshot of Week 1’s depth chart to see how the name is pronounced. I also pronounced it how it was spelled, but heard others say it differently, so I wanted to verify.

don't want to start a new thread and freak ppl out, but did fletcher get hurt? anyone know what's up with that?

swear I saw him head to the tent in the first half then we saw nothing but allen, chaney, and parrish the rest of the game

Advertisement
Man I have always been a mope with hope. I talk **** when we suck becuade it’s painful when you team is basura. This team looks legit man and they about they business. Let’s go canes, I don’t want to Mope man let’s keep winning.
You sound like battered woman. Then again, being a Canes fan anytime of the past couple decades can do that.

Come to the light brother.

I’d like to add, I’ve been waiting years for someone to do the upside down U and get popped for it later in the game on a big play. Saw it yesterday with Daniels and then Davis laying the smack. Pride for the helmet, history, and the U and what it means to be part of it.

I wonder if we could use Chaney a bit like we used Najeh Davenport in 2000-1. Obviously we don’t use a traditional FB anymore, but using a split back formation so you can have 2 RB’s with the ability to run. Block and catch from both RB’s would be pretty interesting to see. This would also allow us to have a 2nd RB on the field which can help when a team has 4 good RB’s.
OF COURSE you can use Don Cheaney in a Davenport role. His jersey number after all is #2

Advertisement
don't want to start a new thread and freak ppl out, but did fletcher get hurt? anyone know what's up with that?

swear I saw him head to the tent in the first half then we saw nothing but allen, chaney, and parrish the rest of the game

Yea rumor is concussion.

You know who had a good game yesterday?

Corey Flagg

That split double team TFL was beautiful

(Realizing I already mentioned it but on the rewatch he was very active)

He was a guy that just needed some time to develop. Getting thrown out early in Mannys scheme made him look very bad but there’s plenty of guys in Miami’s past that just needed a year or 2 and then became solid starters or depth pieces.

Although I don’t like those special teams errors that gave TAMU 14 points, it was great to see the team rebound from those and a few other mistakes and keep the pedal to the metal. The team last year and most prior years in the past 15 or so would’ve quit and get blown out.

I wanted to see how the team responded to adversity.

The team took a few body blows, took a deep breath, and kept punching until they delivered a knockout.

Advertisement
Back