Va Tech

Advertisement
You guys talking about who you want to win, FSU or Va Tech, are ruining my weekend. They both need to lose.

Bud Foster can pull out all the tricks in his book, and he still won't be able to stop our aerial attack with Richards, Thomas, Cager, Pope, Hightower, Jordan, Mallory, Homer and Dallas as targets.
Need someone to get the ball to them though.

Advertisement
I see where your going, but it makes it that much easier for them to turn it around in the coming years. If they are constantly on the doorstep of the playoffs and then make it one year that would really damage us for recruiting. If they stop winning the atlantic for numerous years in a row. Taggart ends up showing he is a corch it makes it easier for us to grab Tally players. Harder for FSU to regain a foothold in Miami. It also ends up allowing UGA, Auburn, Clemson, Bama, etc. to continue beating FSU for recruits and there classes will continue to drop. Which would make it even easier for us to keep them out of Miami and to continue beating them year after year.
I hear what you say but I've always felt that a healthy FSU is beneficial to us, to the rivalry, to the ACC. For as long as I can remember the Noles and their S.FL recruiting has been a staple evident with their annoying chant at our home games, but we survived and it made us better. My question is this... for these young recruits what's the deciding factor... the brand? the record? the efforts of the coaches recruiting? staying close to home? some unethical/illegal promises?
Personally what makes me nauseous is every time that Saban or other SEC or out of state programs land bad *** recruits from S.FL... and thank God the gators are not a factor presently.

We have the exact same ACC schedule as VT.

I hope they destroy FSU. We don't need FSU to win ****, we just need to handle our end
Exactly. If FSU beats VT but VT beats us, VT has the edge. If VT beats FSU and VT beats us, they have the edge. We need to beat VT regardless, and the winner of that game means little to us.

Advertisement
I posted a week or so back that I want Miami to be the first team to beat FSU, the second team to beat VT, and the team that gave FSU it’s second loss.

Yes, I would prefer to beat FSU twice in the same year, denying them from going to the Playoffs than to avenge last years Clemson loss.
I’m SO glad that you refreshed my memory. I can’t believe I forgot about your post from last week.

I intend on going to Blacksburg this year. Will be my first time, should be a great game.

Likewise. Hoping it's a night game. Would love to crush them on national tv and completely suck any energy out of that stadium and town.

Advertisement
I don’t care what kind of coach Taggart is. I only care about what kind of coaches Miami have. If Miami continues to beat FSU then Miami will have a better argument for all of Florida recruits. If FSU can’t get to the playoffs because they have to, and can’t, get through Miami then Miami becomes like the team in the SEC west that the other teams can’t get through. That’s recruiting from a position of strength.

I mean you can just look at what happened to FSU when we where in our down years. They had some of the best recruiting classes they have ever had. If UF and FSU where somehow kept down and Miami became the sole powerhouse in the state, we would become unstoppable. I agree we need to beat FSU every year, but if they continue having multiple loss seasons, they will recruit worse, and we will have an even easier time beating them each year. We can become like Bama with or without FSU being good. It is better for us if they are bad.

I hear what you say but I've always felt that a healthy FSU is beneficial to us, to the rivalry, to the ACC. For as long as I can remember the Noles and their S.FL recruiting has been a staple evident with their annoying chant at our home games, but we survived and it made us better. My question is this... for these young recruits what's the deciding factor... the brand? the record? the efforts of the coaches recruiting? staying close to home? some unethical/illegal promises?
Personally what makes me nauseous is every time that Saban or other SEC or out of state programs land bad *** recruits from S.FL... and thank God the gators are not a factor presently.

I agree with you that it helps the ACC, but if Miami continues to destroy FSU and really locks down the state of Florida. Clemson wont be able to stop us and the new ACC rivalry would be Clemson vs Miami in the ACCCG. Miami would be the face of the ACC at that point. Let someone else become the new third best team. Miami 1. Clemson 2. NC state or somebody else as 3. It would be perfect because they don't have much of a footprint in Florida. It would be ideal for teams that don't recruit in south Florida to be good. This is why I always root for teams like Oklahoma and Nebraska to perform well instead of UGA and Bama because they will have a harder time getting kids from Florida even when they are elite.

Advertisement
I agree with you that it helps the ACC, but if Miami continues to destroy FSU and really locks down the state of Florida. Clemson wont be able to stop us and the new ACC rivalry would be Clemson vs Miami in the ACCCG. Miami would be the face of the ACC at that point. Let someone else become the new third best team. Miami 1. Clemson 2. NC state or somebody else as 3. It would be perfect because they don't have much of a footprint in Florida. It would be ideal for teams that don't recruit in south Florida to be good. This is why I always root for teams like Oklahoma and Nebraska to perform well instead of UGA and Bama because they will have a harder time getting kids from Florida even when they are elite.
Well yes a Clemson(Atlantic) & Miami(Coastal) champs sounds good to me... setting up ACCC. But as for recruiting, I don't know how much we can leave out FSU.... besides I've seen Clemson grabbing a lot of recruits with their recent success. The best thing is that CMR and company revive the U brand and get to work on all fronts.

Advertisement
Back