UVA picked to win the Coastal

Advertisement
Of course not. But Perkins did rush for 61 yards, effectively controlled TOP, and kept the chains moving.

Miami fans can try to poke holes in his resume all they want but he'd be the starter here in 2019.
Miami's sorry *** offense controlled the TOP not Perkins. He was completely dominated by our defense. Their RB Ellis was the only bright spot for them and If the offense could have done anything, the defense would have shut him down as well.

I'm a lifelong Miami fan, born and raised, but am a recent UVA grad. I can tell you right now that having watched that team all of last year, they're taking a step back this year. Their biggest weapons on offense last year are gone (with no obvious replacements), and they lost some key guys on defense.
Defense will still be good, they have plenty returning. Our defense lost key guys as well but should still be nasty as ****. I agree with you about their offensive guys though

Advertisement
At least you admit it. And that's fine.

For your information: Perkins is widely considered the ACC's 2nd best QB.

That seems like more a statement of the state of ACC play rather than a statement on Perkins. Perkins may be a serviceable QB and would probably been our starting QB last year, but that's not saying much. Granted our QB play this year is not exactly certain. But I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll see better.

Defense will still be good, they have plenty returning. Our defense lost key guys as well but should still be nasty as ****. I agree with you about their offensive guys though
They've got a good system on D, good staff, but really struggle to keep up against some of the better teams in the conference. They're an inconsistent team overall, to say the least. I agree with you on them bringing back a good amount of starters on defense. Their offense is going to struggle though.

Advertisement
"No issues at all with UVa being the preseason favorite".

1. UVa lost their top RB. So did Miami. However, UVA's next most productive RB had 80 yards on the season. We have Deejay Dallas.
2. UVa lost their top WR. Miami did not.
3. UVa lost 2 of their top 4 tacklers. So did Miami. However, our best sack guy (gone) had 8.5 and our 2nd best guy (returning) had 5.5, while UVa's best had 6.5 sacks (gone) and their second best had 2.5 (returning). Our best INT guy had 3 (gone), but we have a guy returning who had 3. UVa's best had 6 INTs (gone), and their 2nd best (returning) had 2.

Maybe guys will step up and fill the production numbers of the guys who left. But it certainly seems that OUTSIDE OF QB, Miami lost less production and returns more ready replacements than UVa.

It's not hard to do actual analysis. No need for a "wait-and-see" approach. There's no reason for writers to penalize us for what happened 5 and 10 and 15 years ago.

You can do all the analysis you want but the one constant in college is that all teams go through annual turnover. But QB trumps all other factors. In our case, hopefully it's a positive change. However, the writers know what to expect from Perkins. For us, it's to be determined. QB is not the position to be weak in. The uncertainty with QB is why we're being penalized.

Advertisement
Perry was atrocious against UVA. It was the worst performance by a UM QB since Kirby Freeman. We would've won had ROSIER started the game. I just watched the replay again. The good news is that our Lb's looked slow AF and out of shape. Our guys look so much better right now. If it shows on the field half as much we are stomping everyone on the schedule.

Virginia has given Nick Saban many sleepless nights. He knows that this giant will win the ACC and send Dabo running to the NFL. He can only hope that his team can somehow keep the score close in the national championship game, and beat the Cavaliers in the fourth quarter. But in many of his nightmares, he can’t.
The NFL cannot afford Dabo, $92 million is the highest in college football and I serious doubt any NFL coach makes that much.

Advertisement
Perry was atrocious against UVA. It was the worst performance by a UM QB since Kirby Freeman. We would've won had ROSIER started the game. I just watched the replay again. The good news is that our Lb's looked slow AF and out of shape. Our guys look so much better right now. If it shows on the field half as much we are stomping everyone on the schedule.

What in the world? On the last drive, Rosier was 6/8 for 71 yards, when Richt finally started to call the game aggressively and UVA was playing soft umbrella coverage nursing a 2 score lead.

Prior to that, he had 6 drives after Perry was benched. The offense scored 6 points, and he was 6/15 for 99 yards in those 6 drives. Yeah, solid productivity.

Neither QB would’ve won that game because the team was insanely flat and the offense was horrendous, from the HC/OC on down

Advertisement
Back