UVA picked to win the Coastal

Playing in Chapel Hill is like playing at a local high school. The only thing you have to worry about is a few bad calls going against you. But I believe it’s the opposite. Playing them that early will benefit is much more than them. I don’t think they’ll be able to hold anybody under 30 all year but I would bet on them putting up some points later in the season after struggling the first few weeks. Phil Long will get it figured out if he has a QB and if they can keep that QB on his feet

Let’s hope so, for some funny season I think Mack Brown and his staff can get the kids believing this first season. While I’m not predicting a loss at Chapel Hill, I do think given our penchant for not closing the door on this team will make the game closer than most think.

Advertisement
Nobody said it matters. I am not basing my daily routine on it. This is a discussion board. We are discussing.

I simply think it's ignorant. Miami had a dominant defense and our offense was conflicted and did not score enough. We have addressed our weakness, with coaches, scheme, and players, and our defense didn't lose much. Is it so insane to actually evaluate THAT, instead of the "roulette wheel" theory of voting for a division champ?

Again, it's not a criticism of YOU (except where you are defending the idiot writers), it is a criticism of the lack of effort, thought, and analysis employed by the writers when "casting their votes". ****, they might as well just roll dice, it's equally predictive, at least according to you.
Sure, and it's not so much a defense of the writers who aren't as close to this as you, I or anyone else on the board is. They're going, superficially, on what they've seen in their time on their respective beats and perhaps conversations with our local writers. We all know the kind of talent we have, but at best, it's unproven outside of a handful of guys. Even our transfers, say all that we want about their potentials and what we expect from them, are unproven until they do it on the field here.

I think we'll have a big year. I think the addition of Enos will open up this offense in a way we haven't seen around here since the early 2000s. I think we'll be in Charlotte in December. But I also think it's not completely unreasonable to doubt if we can do it given how many times we should have been there by now.

I'm not trying to argue here, and I know you're not either. It's ok to fall on different sides of it. I think at the end of the day, I myself don't see this as a reflection of respect but rather a reflection of all the years we've underwhelmed. It's on this team to go change that.

Advertisement
Idk why you all let Rok gas you up with his anti Miami routine. He does it every single year and y’all fall for it every single year.

But concerning who the media picked 1st? Who cares... and yea I’d say the same thing if they picked us. Games will have to be played regardless and it will be decided on the field.

You all out too much stock into **** that just really don’t matter.

Lol @ homerism

You talk about us watching everyone elses games but you dont actually recognize what took place when we played them.

Rok is a clown

I have never in my life seen a so called fast RB caught like that by anyone not named Darrel Green or Deion Sanders. Even then, it didn't look THAT bad. He looked like William Perry running down the sidelines.

Fridge would’ve scored.

Advertisement
Lol @ homerism

You talk about us watching everyone elses games but you dont actually recognize what took place when we played them.

Rok is a clown

I don't recognize what took place when we lost to them?

Idk why you all let Rok gas you up with his anti Miami routine. He does it every single year and y’all fall for it every single year.

But concerning who the media picked 1st? Who cares... and yea I’d say the same thing if they picked us. Games will have to be played regardless and it will be decided on the field.

You all out too much stock into **** that just really don’t matter.

It's not meant to be anti-Miami. Just anti blind homer.

It's one thing to expect Miami to win the Coastal. We all should. It's another thing entirely to consider things objectively and understand that Virginia was the better team in 2018 and Bryce Perkins would be our starter at QB.

Advertisement
What a rat **** our offense was because they could not do a thing against us offensively.

I saw the game. Well, I did turn it off at some point in the 3rd quarter when I realized Rosier was staying in.

Anyway, Virginia faced 12 other opponents in 2018 and had mixed results (7-5) but Perkins was their most consistent player offensively. I'm not sure why Miami fans insist on judging him based solely off how he fared against Miami.

I saw the game. Well, I did turn it off at some point in the 3rd quarter when I realized Rosier was staying in.

Anyway, Virginia faced 12 other opponents in 2018 and had mixed results (7-5) but Perkins was their most consistent player offensively. I'm not sure why Miami fans insist on judging him based solely off how he fared against Miami.

I dont care about any other opponents. The transitive bull**** should be left to UCF fans.

Advertisement
I dont care about any other opponents. The transitive bull**** should be left to UCF fans.

At least you admit it. And that's fine.

For your information: Perkins is widely considered the ACC's 2nd best QB.

At least you admit it. And that's fine.

For your information: Perkins is widely considered the ACC's 2nd best QB.

Cool

Troll on. The kid can barely throw a forward pass what does that really tell us about our conference?

Exactly.

Cool

Troll on. The kid can barely throw a forward pass what does that really tell us about our conference?

Exactly.

Perkins threw for 2,680 yards (64.5 percent) with 25 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 2018. He's not as bad as you think.

Advertisement
Back