UVA picked to win the Coastal

Perkins threw for 2,680 yards (64.5 percent) with 25 touchdowns and nine interceptions in 2018. He's not as bad as you think.

That sounds like the stats bull**** gator fans are breaking down for his heisman candidacy.

I bet he put up amazing stats against Liberty lol.

Advertisement
That sounds like the stats bull**** gator fans are breaking down for his heisman candidacy.

I bet he put up amazing stats against Liberty lol.

Whatever the case, Virginia had a top 20 defense and returns the division's best coach with a senior QB who accounted for 34 TDs.

IWe're probably the better team on paper but their hype isn't completely unfounded in my opinion.

Whatever the case, Virginia had a top 20 defense and returns the division's best coach with a senior QB who accounted for 34 TDs.

IWe're probably the better team on paper but their hype isn't completely unfounded in my opinion.

So you think we lose to UVA at home on a Friday night?

Advertisement
I'll put money down they are 2-3 before they even play us with 2 ACC losses already. Losses to PITT, FSU and ND.

Virginia is 3-8 vs PITT
1-5 vs PITT In the ACC
0-5 in PITT
lost 4 in row to PITT
avg diff vs PITT in the ACC is 9 points, 12 in losses.
Virginia is 3-7 vs teams that ran 75 or more plays a game.
The wins? Duke, Liberty and Connecticut.
Losses include twq vs Indiana.
HOU - 79 plays per in 18’.
Their OC is now at FSU.

No issues at all with UVA being the pre-season favorite. And nobody sane would have an issue with it either. Now, if you think that Miami will actually win the division, then **** yes. We're fans. We should feel that way. But poo-poo'ing on the results of the media vote is pretty comical.

Their bandwagon has gained quite a few members since the end of last year. And while we can all point and laugh at Perkins, he had a really good year overall and they return a ton on defense. Miami is absolutely the better team and we get them at home in a payback game, so I'd be really surprised to lose that game, but there's nothing egregious about them being the preseason pick. And if you look at the numbers, it was really close. So it's not like Miami is getting no love from the writers. Only a few votes separated #1 and #2. But Miami went 7-6 last year and looked comatose in the bowl game. I have no issues with national writers taking a wait and see approach.

Advertisement
This UVA storyline is one of the most insane in recent memory. There QB Perkins is hot garbage and this season once our offense has a pulse this game vs UVA is going to be a blow out. I’m predicting a convincing 4 score victory over UVA this season
Maybe the worst part of that loss to UVA was looking at Perkins' line after and going "they lost to that?"

No issues at all with UVA being the pre-season favorite. And nobody sane would have an issue with it either. Now, if you think that Miami will actually win the division, then **** yes. We're fans. We should feel that way. But poo-poo'ing on the results of the media vote is pretty comical.

Their bandwagon has gained quite a few members since the end of last year. And while we can all point and laugh at Perkins, he had a really good year overall and they return a ton on defense. Miami is absolutely the better team and we get them at home in a payback game, so I'd be really surprised to lose that game, but there's nothing egregious about them being the preseason pick. And if you look at the numbers, it was really close. So it's not like Miami is getting no love from the writers. Only a few votes separated #1 and #2. But Miami went 7-6 last year and looked comatose in the bowl game. I have no issues with national writers taking a wait and see approach.

"No issues at all with UVa being the preseason favorite".

1. UVa lost their top RB. So did Miami. However, UVA's next most productive RB had 80 yards on the season. We have Deejay Dallas.
2. UVa lost their top WR. Miami did not.
3. UVa lost 2 of their top 4 tacklers. So did Miami. However, our best sack guy (gone) had 8.5 and our 2nd best guy (returning) had 5.5, while UVa's best had 6.5 sacks (gone) and their second best had 2.5 (returning). Our best INT guy had 3 (gone), but we have a guy returning who had 3. UVa's best had 6 INTs (gone), and their 2nd best (returning) had 2.

Maybe guys will step up and fill the production numbers of the guys who left. But it certainly seems that OUTSIDE OF QB, Miami lost less production and returns more ready replacements than UVa.

It's not hard to do actual analysis. No need for a "wait-and-see" approach. There's no reason for writers to penalize us for what happened 5 and 10 and 15 years ago.

if we get both sides of the ball to play at a reasonable and consistent level, we should fly through the coastal. The past two regimes we had seemed to always miss one aspect of the game (very rarely would they put a full game together, Richt's best and most complete game was ND in '18, and Golden actually played a couple of competent games against FSU, even though they were painful losses).

With Golden, we had somewhat of a productive offense. With Richt we were carried by the defense. As a whole I think everyone shares and knows this, but our talent is better than ALL of the other Coastal Teams and has been since '04; if this coaching staff does what the previous FOUR couldn't we could be in for a fun season.

Attachments

• ptVrLXT.gif
    ptVrLXT.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Advertisement
"No issues at all with UVa being the preseason favorite".

1. UVa lost their top RB. So did Miami. However, UVA's next most productive RB had 80 yards on the season. We have Deejay Dallas.
2. UVa lost their top WR. Miami did not.
3. UVa lost 2 of their top 4 tacklers. So did Miami. However, our best sack guy (gone) had 8.5 and our 2nd best guy (returning) had 5.5, while UVa's best had 6.5 sacks (gone) and their second best had 2.5 (returning). Our best INT guy had 3 (gone), but we have a guy returning who had 3. UVa's best had 6 INTs (gone), and their 2nd best (returning) had 2.

Maybe guys will step up and fill the production numbers of the guys who left. But it certainly seems that OUTSIDE OF QB, Miami lost less production and returns more ready replacements than UVa.

It's not hard to do actual analysis. No need for a "wait-and-see" approach. There's no reason for writers to penalize us for what happened 5 and 10 and 15 years ago.

Penalize? A guy in Boston who thinks UVA will win the most wide-open/worst/most parity filled/mediocre division in the country over Miami is penalizing Miami? Let's try not to be quite so dramatic. He thinks UVA will be better. Is he insane? Matt Lindeman, who is the head oddsmaker at Ceasar's Palace, has Miami 4 points better than UVA. Let's not act like someone picking UVA 1st and Miami 2nd is the most asinine thing ever done.

Miami is breaking in new pieces at multiple positions with a new coaching staff but there's no need to wait and see?

UVA returns the most accomplished coach in the division, their top passer, 2nd leading rusher, 2nd and 3rd leading receivers, 8 starters on defense, and their best recruiting class (34th) in years. Picking them to win the Coastal is the responsible move considering how many unknowns surround Miami. Everyone agrees that Miami has the higher ceiling but that's never mattered.

Advertisement
Miami is breaking in new pieces at multiple positions with a new coaching staff but there's no need to wait and see?

UVA returns the most accomplished coach in the division, their top passer, 2nd leading rusher, 2nd and 3rd leading receivers, 8 starters on defense, and their best recruiting class (34th) in years. Picking them to win the Coastal is the responsible move considering how many unknowns surround Miami. Everyone agrees that Miami has the higher ceiling but that's never mattered.

Would have to agree. Nothing trolling about this one, really.

We will beat UVA by at least 21 and we'll beat the Gayturds by more than that. Promise you. This isn't last year's team. This is "TNM". We are winning the Coastal and you can take that to the bank.

Cut the crap.

Their "2nd leading rusher" is their QB. Their leading RB had over 1,000 yards, while their 2nd leading RB had 80 yards. That's a major drop-off.

Their leading WR had 93 receptions. Their 3rd leading WR had 25. That's a big drop-off.

Their "best recruiting class in years" isn't going to have any meaningful impact on 2019.

Any more BS you care to make up?

Totally agree about Perkins. His throwing motion is the worst in D-1. It looks like when I try to throw with my left hand (non dominant). If we force him to stay in the pocket and cover the short routes, he is toast. Can't throw with any accuracy beyond 10 yards.

He was already toast against.

We scored 13 points.

13?

Yes. 13?

Advertisement
Back