UVA picked to win the Coastal

Advertisement
Classic example of people overhyping a coach to early. They all love Bronco, but UVA lost 3 of it's last 4 regular season games, the win being Liberty.

I think UVA is trending up, but Bronco getting too much love at the moment.
I'm a lifelong Miami fan, born and raised, but am a recent UVA grad. I can tell you right now that having watched that team all of last year, they're taking a step back this year. Their biggest weapons on offense last year are gone (with no obvious replacements), and they lost some key guys on defense.

UVA was our worse loss last year because out of all our losses this was the easiest win. Our defense dominated them and Richt’s offense was at its most pathetic
Inexplicable game.

There was that one run that Travis busted open for a sure fire TD (and eventual win), and for some reason, dude ran the slowest I've ever seen him run.

Not even to like celebrate or bc he got injured. He just like... started running slow for no particular reason, and ended up getting caught from behind.

Advertisement
For 15 years the media has been waiting for Miami to stand up to bat.only to lay down a sacrifice.whether you want to admit or not Miami has lost its power image.Manny and co need to go it back.if that doesn't motivate this team nothing will.

All the predictions for UM to NOT win the Coastal are based on the consensus among the "predictors" that, at best, we still will have no better than very average QB play. Only way to disprove that is on the field.

Advertisement

Rok, I honestly think we do mate and the improvements on the field will cement that thought process. Just the competition at QB has gotten better, and with Enos - we finally have a proven leader and play caller at OC. He’s done it before, multiple times. I’ve got to think he can duplicate it again, especially with the talent we’ve amassed at the skill positions. Will it start off the season as a juggernaut? Probably not to the liking of some of the fan base. But I’ve got a great feeling by the UNC game on, that we will become a well oiled machine. Add that to our defensive capabilities and we’re eating in 2019.

Inexplicable game.

There was that one run that Travis busted open for a sure fire TD (and eventual win), and for some reason, dude ran the slowest I've ever seen him run.

Not even to like celebrate or bc he got injured. He just like... started running slow for no particular reason, and ended up getting caught from behind.
I have never in my life seen a so called fast RB caught like that by anyone not named Darrel Green or Deion Sanders. Even then, it didn't look THAT bad. He looked like William Perry running down the sidelines.

Advertisement

Good. Just a little more motivation.

With Bronco Billy leading the charge, its an objective and solid pick that they come out on top of ACCCD.

I would also say strong arguments could be made for Manolo's Miami.

We will get some strong indicators by game 3-4 for how the ACCCD will shake out.

Me either but I get they’re the darlings this year. Best returning QB in the division. Pretty good last year. A lot coming back.

We’ll know their fate early on though. Week 1 they play at Pitt. Week 3 they get FSU in Charlottesville. If they’re 2-0 after those 2, the game vs us on that Friday night in October probably determines the division.

They get VT at home too. Their other crossover game is Louisville, the worst team in the Atlantic.

They also have a very good coach! Not saying Manny can’t lead us, I hope that manny coaches the team like he did the defense the past three years. If so, we win the division hands down.

Advertisement
One thing I love about our staff is both coordinators have experience in their roles. Should be helpful for us in this transition year!

Virginia has given Nick Saban many sleepless nights. He knows that this giant will win the ACC and send Dabo running to the NFL. He can only hope that his team can somehow keep the score close in the national championship game, and beat the Cavaliers in the fourth quarter. But in many of his nightmares, he can’t.

Ok, so take the last 6 years where 6 different teams have won the Coastal. That's all these writers are basing their picks on. Virginia is up next on the roulette wheel. In the end, does it even matter?

Nobody said it matters. I am not basing my daily routine on it. This is a discussion board. We are discussing.

I simply think it's ignorant. Miami had a dominant defense and our offense was conflicted and did not score enough. We have addressed our weakness, with coaches, scheme, and players, and our defense didn't lose much. Is it so insane to actually evaluate THAT, instead of the "roulette wheel" theory of voting for a division champ?

Again, it's not a criticism of YOU (except where you are defending the idiot writers), it is a criticism of the lack of effort, thought, and analysis employed by the writers when "casting their votes". ****, they might as well just roll dice, it's equally predictive, at least according to you.

Not seeing Vag Tech as the 3rd best team in the ACC this season unless 7-5 is third best. For my money I think UNC is not going to be a cakewalk others believe it to be, especially on the road, and early in the season. I think UVA avenges their long losing streak against the castrated turkeys, but falls to the U in a spirited game at Hard Rock, with us winning the Coastal for the 2nd time in 3yrs. We finally have an offensive staff to go with our defensive component; that’s going to make all the difference to why we win the Coastal title. Give me a Top 35 offense to go with a Top 10 defense and there’s just no team talented enough to beat us, unless we completely ****e the bed one game. Even then, unless the Cavs run the table in thee Coastal, I don’t see them beating us out.

Playing in Chapel Hill is like playing at a local high school. The only thing you have to worry about is a few bad calls going against you. But I believe it’s the opposite. Playing them that early will benefit is much more than them. I don’t think they’ll be able to hold anybody under 30 all year but I would bet on them putting up some points later in the season after struggling the first few weeks. Phil Long will get it figured out if he has a QB and if they can keep that QB on his feet

Advertisement
Back