UVA picked to win the Coastal

Advertisement
Wow. Ok.

Apparently some people do since Virginia was picked to win the division.

Perkins played all year with a dislocated finger which required surgery after the season.
Doesn't matter what the media says. Every year they pick the coastal winner wrong.

Not seeing Vag Tech as the 3rd best team in the ACC this season unless 7-5 is third best. For my money I think UNC is not going to be a cakewalk others believe it to be, especially on the road, and early in the season. I think UVA avenges their long losing streak against the castrated turkeys, but falls to the U in a spirited game at Hard Rock, with us winning the Coastal for the 2nd time in 3yrs. We finally have an offensive staff to go with our defensive component; that’s going to make all the difference to why we win the Coastal title. Give me a Top 35 offense to go with a Top 10 defense and there’s just no team talented enough to beat us, unless we completely ****e the bed one game. Even then, unless the Cavs run the table in thee Coastal, I don’t see them beating us out.

Who are the 2 idiots who picked Syracuse to win over Clemson? Should have their brains checked immediately.

Also, hard to pick a team who hasn't beaten their instate rival since 2003 as the team to win the Coastal. How on Earth we lose to that lowly team so often is beyond me.

Advertisement
Not seeing Vag Tech as the 3rd best team in the ACC this season unless 7-5 is third best. For my money I think UNC is not going to be a cakewalk others believe it to be, especially on the road, and early in the season. I think UVA avenges their long losing streak against the castrated turkeys, but falls to the U in a spirited game at Hard Rock, with us winning the Coastal for the 2nd time in 3yrs. We finally have an offensive staff to go with our defensive component; that’s going to make all the difference to why we win the Coastal title. Give me a Top 35 offense to go with a Top 10 defense and there’s just no team talented enough to beat us, unless we completely ****e the bed one game. Even then, unless the Cavs run the table in thee Coastal, I don’t see them beating us out.
7-5 won the division last year...

TBD

Advertisement
Who are the 2 idiots who picked Syracuse to win over Clemson? Should have their brains checked immediately.

Also, hard to pick a team who hasn't beaten their instate rival since 2003 as the team to win the Coastal. How on Earth we lose to that lowly team so often is beyond me.

They get em in the dome this year, and it’s early, possibly before Clemson’s defense has time to gel. Not arguing, surely Clemson is the big favorite and will be in that game. But Cuse beat them there 2 years ago, if they somehow can do it again they’d have to lose twice to lose the division, most likely.

Brilliant. Because 15 years of the past is the absolute best indicator of future performance. But, yeah, your method will make all future pre-season votes soooo easy, just look at the 15 year average and rank accordingly.

The whole Coastal division has been crap for 15 years, so maybe the sportswriters should do their jobs and investigate what changes and improvements each team has made.
Ok, so take the last 6 years where 6 different teams have won the Coastal. That's all these writers are basing their picks on. Virginia is up next on the roulette wheel. In the end, does it even matter?

They should be embarrassed because to a man they know they are so far superior to Virginia talent wise that not being picked to win their division in a runaway shows in giant bold letters just how badly they have underachieved.

We aren’t just some down team coming off a 7-6 year with a new coach. We’re a talent rich program that should have beaten UVA by three touchdowns last year and every kid in that locker room knows it.
They've been far superior to every other team in the division for a while. **** has happened. That's what the writers are basing their picks on. Doesn't impact the games this season one bit.

As you mentioned in reiterating my point, last season's results should be what motivates the players, not some meaningless writer poll.

Most outlets I've seen have us winning the Coastal, this is the first I've heard of another team.

Advertisement
Not surprised. A majority of those sports writers are from Tobacco Road, and whenever possible they will favor a traditional ACC team. Like the refs.

Advertisement
Why would they be embarrassed? Take Miami out of the equation. How many other teams with no named QB1, a first year HC, coming off a 7-6 season, having only won its division once in 15 years, would you expect to suddenly have the media love to be named a consensus pick to win that same division?

If this is what the players need to motivate them and not last year's abominable season, then we won't win the division this year either.
Not many teams have the talent we do, or underachieved like we did last year. We should have NEVER been a 7-6 team. It took a coaching failure so epic, so stunningly inept, to reach that level. A coaching effort so bad, the head coach quit. Let that sink in. Richt stunk so bad last year even HE couldn't stomach the stench. So yeah, I fully expect a huge rebound this year.

Virginia was also 21st in scoring defense and 20th in totes defense in 2018, for those of you who only watch Miami play.

Three of Virginia’s five losses came by four points of less.

Advertisement
Back