Utah vs Florida

Our run D gotta get fixed. Granted, Rising had a few designed runs that inflated their run stats (as with us and AR offensively) but the front 3/4 gotta get better
Actually Utah had 39 yards of offense in the first quarter and 2 on the ground. Thomas was a load.

Rising also missed on some wide open guys.

You can say the same about Richardson. He was efficient and had a couple of chunk runs especially the long touchdown run.

Florida's left side was supposed to be the more experienced, but they ran much better to the right.

The crowd was a HUGE factor, but Florida got a couple of big time breaks which matters is in a close game. Thomas slipped on a sure touchdown. On the third and goal Rising should have QB sneaked. Florida did not have its heavy package until 4th down. On 4th down Whittingham went off tackle and a bad play call. Etienne recovered his own fumble on a lucky bounce where Florida scores winning touchdown. Rising's interception was forced but his tight end slipped. Great play but a veteran should not have forced on second down.

My one knock on Whittingham is he is too old school.

That being said it was a nice win.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So you think AM wins now huh?

I mean... that defense vs Bethune didn't inspire any confidence at all. Luckily AM only scored 31 pts vs Sam Houston. But if we dont figure out the kinks soon and staff doesnt get Flagg and Ivey out of there I see AM winning too. I Picked them to win before the season started but even I thought our defense would look better vs a team that was last in its division at the FCS level. My only hope is that we get better each game.
I’m not gonna go as far as to say I think A&M wins. Everything I told you about their offense is true. They suck. That defense will be special though. So it’s gonna be a nasty game. A really weird game.

Well now you’re going to live amongst the most arrogant fanbase in the country.

Florida will get humbled this year.

This game had disaster written all over it for Utah; going into The Swamp on a Saturday night to open the season. They don't see anything like that in the Pac-12.

Florida still lose four games this year. They simply beat a good Pac-12 team tonight who choked away a chance to win on the final drive.

Was hoping for a stadium collapse or terrorist attack to break out as I can't stand either team.

Spent my first 24 years in Miami, two years in Gainesville for college during that run and have lived in San Diego since 1998—where I now deal with more Utah fans than Florida—so I have no beef with those donkeys taking it in the shorts last night. Just a shame Florida notched a win, though. Thoroughly enjoyed Oregon getting their teeth kicked in at Georgia. Wish that Utah played an SEC that I could've actually rooted for; not the Gators.

It's not a take. It's literally the truth, spend time looking it up if you need to.

Hopefully we do play them sometime. Maybe this year after that loss, and one more.
What’s the truth? That they call themselves the U and have a U hand signal? I know that but it’s still a ****** take to hope Florida beats them because of it. Utah winning has zero effect on anything Miami does but losing to Florida has huge ramifications for us. Any other take is idiotic.

Advertisement
I’m not gonna go as far as to say I think A&M wins. Everything I told you about their offense is true. They suck. That defense will be special though. So it’s gonna be a nasty game. A really weird game.
I'm dissapointed in our defense. Hopefully it's game 1 kinks. Ivey and Flagg cant start vs AM or we are screwed.

I'm dissapointed in our defense. Hopefully it's game 1 kinks. Ivey and Flagg cant start vs AM or we are screwed.
If you think those are the only two guys who are unplayable against A&M brother I got news for you. 4 is too little, JW can’t read a key. Rique can’t run with those outside guys. Everybody has to be on point

I've always said JW isn't best suited for safety ...yesterday is proof he looked much better in the box.....CJ at LB with three safeties is our best D (Dime package) ....JW would wreak havoc as our rover/hybrid LB...
Quite a few times yesterday he essentially lined up at star. Only reason in mentioning that is it's pretty clear we're trying to establish with him that's his best look.

Advertisement
What’s the truth? That they call themselves the U and have a U hand signal? I know that but it’s still a ****** take to hope Florida beats them because of it. Utah winning has zero effect on anything Miami does but losing to Florida has huge ramifications for us. Any other take is idiotic.
Let me put it this way.

This very board was all over USF when they claimed the big 4. Said they were better than Miami, and we were the number 4.

So here we have a school that basically has copied Miami and acts as if we can swing off their nuts.

Pretty much the same, no?

I stated from the beginning of the comment. Not that I pull for the Gators, but....in this case I did and why.

I also know that Florida will still lose 3-4 more games. We put up a solid, season and growth. Our recruiting will be fine against them. They have Napier for sakes. He will have them a 20-25 team routinely.

I hope we get to 5-10 yearly, or better. Which means we could play Utah as they will dominate the Pac 12 and play big bowl games like they do and playoff birthday. Especially as the Trojans leave.

Cheers. Go Cane's.

If you think those are the only two guys who are unplayable against A&M brother I got news for you. 4 is too little, JW can’t read a key. Rique can’t run with those outside guys. Everybody has to be on point
Rique got beat bad by that WR with speed. I cringed when I saw that because when we play legit teams it can get scary.

Advertisement
Of good lord, an opener does not make a season. Utah is a good football team but Florida got a lot of breaks. Thomas slips, Etienne recovers his own fumble on a lucky bounce. And if they lose to Kentucky on Saturday?
My point remains. It’s not good right now. Obviously next week something can chance.

Yeah 8/9 wins with a ACC schedule is probably 6-8 wins with a SEC schedule
Nah bro I just don’t think UFs roster is all that good . Especially depth wise. SEC east is not the SEC West. They draw LSU and Texas ATM from the west this year. We draw Clemson/FSU from the Atlantic.

Utah’s lack of athleticism in the front 7 + humidity/Swamp wore them down. They looked like NCAA 14 on JV level trying to get after AR. He’s a talent no doubt but they will be in trouble in conference play.

Unfortunately a good win for Sling Blade’s debut no matter how you dissect it.

Bottom line = FvCK the Gata

Advertisement
That’s okay tho. He’s so freaky of a athlete his technique gets sloppy at times
His technique is the area that gets negativity from scouts. That and he plays aggressive , which makes him vulnerable to double moves. That’s why I felt it was a must he came back , he’s still raw with some aspects of the position.

His technique is the area that gets negativity from scouts. That and he plays aggressive , which makes him vulnerable to double moves. That’s why I felt it was a must he came back , he’s still raw with some aspects of the position.
Yeah I see where he could improve. He’s gifted though. Most people don’t have those tools.

Let me put it this way.

This very board was all over USF when they claimed the big 4. Said they were better than Miami, and we were the number 4.

So here we have a school that basically has copied Miami and acts as if we can swing off their nuts.

Pretty much the same, no?

I stated from the beginning of the comment. Not that I pull for the Gators, but....in this case I did and why.

I also know that Florida will still lose 3-4 more games. We put up a solid, season and growth. Our recruiting will be fine against them. They have Napier for sakes. He will have them a 20-25 team routinely.

I hope we get to 5-10 yearly, or better. Which means we could play Utah as they will dominate the Pac 12 and play big bowl games like they do and playoff birthday. Especially as the Trojans leave.

Cheers. Go Cane's.
Not the same at all. A second tier Florida team like USF and UCF being considered the same level as the Big 3 is not good for any of those three. Right now they get the leftovers but if they get to the point where they are considered on the same level as Miami, it means more competition for Florida blue chippers. The Utes calling themselves the U and flashing a ****** version of the U isn’t going to cause a kid we are recruiting to look to go out west. If Florida goes 9-3 or even 8-4 with a top ten win like you are predicting, that’s still a huge momentum boost in recruiting. The momentum is already favoring Florida the past month in recruiting with several 5 star players setting up visits there. We needed them to look horrible yesterday.

Not the same at all. A second tier Florida team like USF and UCF being considered the same level as the Big 3 is not good for any of those three. Right now they get the leftovers but if they get to the point where they are considered on the same level as Miami, it means more competition for Florida blue chippers. The Utes calling themselves the U and flashing a ****** version of the U isn’t going to cause a kid we are recruiting to look to go out west. If Florida goes 9-3 or even 8-4 with a top ten win like you are predicting, that’s still a huge momentum boost in recruiting. The momentum is already favoring Florida the past month in recruiting with several 5 star players setting up visits there. We needed them to look horrible yesterday.
I will just leave it at this point. Both teams are top 5 in dislike. for me Notre Dame will always be #1. And I am very aware of Florida and their attitude towards Miami.

Also aware of the recruiting challenge this past month with them Gatahs.

I do think if we can get some solid momentum, maybe even 10+ wins with the bowl game. Recruiting will serve our purpose. Getting the players that want to play the Miami-style and system. The players Mario wants.

Advertisement
Back