USC and UCLA to B1G

Only schools that should interest the SEC:

1. North Carolina and NC State, plus Virginia and Virginia Tech - reunites the full Confederacy
2. F$U or Miami - locks down Florida market, doubt the Gaytors allow both
3. Georgia Tech - for old time's sake...because old times there are not forgotten...
4. Clemson - duh, locks down South Carolina market

SEC takes 4 of those 8, it's over.

If you went by ACADEMICS - UNC, UVa, UM, and GaTech to the Big 10 and then NC State, VaTech, F$U, and Clemson to the SEC

Advertisement
b10 is a better cultural fit for miami than the SEC is. a lot of out of state kids in a lot of those b10 schools (RU students share a common home with a lot of miami students - NYC area, same with Michigan students, NW (Chicago area kids at both), etc.

That cold weather through..

I honestly don’t care as long as we leave the ACC. Both conferences would be a major upgrade.

Advertisement
Only schools that should interest the SEC:

1. North Carolina and NC State, plus Virginia and Virginia Tech - reunites the full Confederacy
2. F$U or Miami - locks down Florida market, doubt the Gaytors allow both
3. Georgia Tech - for old time's sake...because old times there are not forgotten...
4. Clemson - duh, locks down South Carolina market

SEC takes 4 of those 8, it's over.

If you went by ACADEMICS - UNC, UVa, UM, and GaTech to the Big 10 and then NC State, VaTech, F$U, and Clemson to the SEC

miami will be in the b10 before the sec. its a better fit for both to have miami in the b10. FSU fits in the SEC and so does Clemson VT. duke also to the big 10.

Anyone know how many Power 5 schools currently including the ones moving to Big 12??

Big 10 - 14 CURRENTLY
Big 12 - 12 CURRENTLY, plus 4 coming from the G5
SEC - 14 CURRENTLY
ACC - 14 CURRENTLY, not counting Notre Shame
Pac 12 - 12 CURRENTLY

66 CURRENT, 70 "SOON", plus Notre Shame if you count them

Advertisement
Blockbuster saw Netflix (back when they were 1.00 at the machine and they were mailing movies) coming a mile away and did nothing!! SMH
Have a brother who worked at Blockbuster corporate for years. First, they turned down an offer to buy Netflix in their early days. Less known, they were in a joint venture with IBM to stream games and movies, market was constrained by lack of consumer band width. When Viacom bought Blockbuster, they terminated the venture. I think alot of potential money was lost in the long run.

Let me chime in real quick:

I had a feeling this was coming, but I didn’t wanna be “that guy.” Talked to several from UCLA who have been just absolutely hammered, financially, to their AD since Covid. The UA fiasco gave them a super Tyson-esq body blow, too (hoping they win that breach of contract lawsuit). Besides our ACCN deal, the PAC-12 have the 2nd chittiest TV deal. Their schools are not making the type of $$ they want.

No offense to the PAC-12, but even though the founding members are UO, OrSt, UDub, & Cal, USC & UCLA are thee face of the Pac-12 in both athletics & academics. Just like UT & OU saw the writing on the wall & made sure their brands didn’t sink w/ the B12, SC & UCLA are making sure their brands don’t sink w/ the PAC-12.

It’s an arms race right now, & regional, location be damned. If u’re a big market brand playing in a conference w/ instability or bad $$ contracts, it’s a wrap. NIL is having a real domino effect; kids r not just committing to schools b/c of $$, but conference affiliation. We gotta do something, b/c right now the $EC & B10 have the media market cornered. It’s almost a 2-1 ratio in the amount of $$ they r receiving.

Advertisement
Outside of the academic mismatch for North Carolina, I just knew the SEC was gonna try to put the Confederacy back together again...

1656615604366.png

Advertisement
Is it the Big 10 or Big 12 that has academic qualifications regarding the amount of research a university must do?

Advertisement
Back