USC and UCLA to B1G

Advertisement
So if the Big 10 adds 2 to the current 14 to become 16 schools instead of 14 and the Big 12, who has 10, losing 2 and adding 4 moves to 12, then the Pac 12 losing 2 will remain the Pac 12?
School Enhance GIF by South Park

I hate the ACC so much. I really wish the canes would leave the conference

Bro, I hated when we made this move! I wish I had my college friends on this board to time stamp my words when I said this move is going to fck us over. The ACC is a b-ball conference + FSU (at that time). We gotta go. Get FSU, Clemson & let’s pack our bags & bounce.

Advertisement
Bro, I hated when we made this move! I wish I had my college friends on this board to time stamp my words when I said this move is going to fck us over. The ACC is a b-ball conference + FSU (at that time). We gotta go. Get FSU, Clemson & let’s pack our bags & bounce.

100%. And I'll take it one step higher. We need to make sure we aren't left sitting around watching the chips fall on this one. Nobody wants to be the last person standing in an ACC that loses any two of UM, F$U, and Clemson. Would be absolutely disastrous. Thank God we have a real AD to navigate these waters instead of the glorified ticket jockey in an empty suit we had in charge last year.

Dang... if you like sickos Pac12 games, the countdown clock has started. I love the volatile nature of that conference. West vs Midwest will have a different feel to it. Longstanding traditional rivalries will get swept under the rug... a nice thick rivalry takes time to establish.

Advertisement
But, but, but the 3-5-5 model. Lol. Man, let’s get tf outta here. CFB as we knew it, is gone. SC & UCLA is doing what’s best long term for their financial well being. If u saw the hit UCLA AD have taken from 2020-now, I don’t blame them.

Last edited:
Big 10. But that won't be an issue in this climate.
The Big 10 will still want to position itself as the "complete" conference, meaning academics and athletics. They, traditionally, required AAU membership. They made an exception for Nebraska, which had been AAU accredited, but lost it (and expected to get it back). If I remember correctly, Nebraska received less than an otherwise equal percentage of TV revenues until they re-gained AAU membership.

Here is a list of AAU schools, though I am not sure of the date. https://www.aau.edu/sites/default/files/AAU-Files/Who-We-Are/AAU-Member-List-Updated-2022.pdf. USC and UCLA are on it. Nebraska is not. And I think I see they now share revenues equally. So maybe Nebraska was a one-off or maybe you are right and AAU doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I have no idea what you've heard and I'm not "in-the-know" here AT ALL but I'd be willing to bet it's true. I've floated my preference to join the Big Ten if (now when) the super-conference model emerges to people more connected than myself and their responses were always extra coy. Basically only willing to drop a tidbit of there being possible mutual interest there and that the people that default to geography (ie the SEC) would be surprised.
The home field advantage for the late season games... cold weather teams having to come down into heat and humidity, Miami having to play regularly in cold/snow. Sadly, I think that would tip more in the cold weather teams' advantages.

Advertisement
Big 10 - 14 CURRENTLY
Big 12 - 12 CURRENTLY, plus 4 coming from the G5
SEC - 14 CURRENTLY
ACC - 14 CURRENTLY, not counting Notre Shame
Pac 12 - 12 CURRENTLY

66 CURRENT, 70 "SOON", plus Notre Shame if you count them

Thanks. Everyone saying B1G & SEC eyeing 20-24 schools so essentially be left with Power 3?

Advertisement
Back