USC and UCLA to B1G

The Big 10 will still want to position itself as the "complete" conference, meaning academics and athletics. They, traditionally, required AAU membership. They made an exception for Nebraska, which had been AAU accredited, but lost it (and expected to get it back).

Here is a list of AAU schools, though I am not sure of the date. https://www.aau.edu/sites/default/files/AAU-Files/Who-We-Are/AAU-Member-List-Updated-2022.pdf. USC and UCLA are on it.
Ohhh, I agree which is why I dismissed the notion of WVU joining. They're still going to play the academics card as a factor but I don't see them remaining handcuffed by the AAU accreditation criteria.

If UCLA was able to easily skirt any attempts of influence by the UC system and essentially leave the Pac-12 destroyed in its wake then I don't see any Big Ten administrators being able to successfully demand continued adherence to the AAU criteria.

Advertisement
As much as I hate Norte Dame, they better figure out something soon or they’ll be left with their ****s in their hands.

tumblr_inline_nkeesifb1B1qhebd8.gif

the flip side of all this happening is that if the SEC and Big 10 become the rival entities looking to snap up the best free agent teams to strengthen their side vs the other then Miami, Clemson, FSU, UNC etc become valuable properties on the market. Miami wouldn't be going around with hat in hand trying desperately to get out of the ACC but would be able to pit the SEC and Big 10 against each other. what can you do for us that the other side can't? it's possible that this plays out in favor of the select few teams that have value -- of course, I wouldn't want to be Oklahoma State, Utah, Washington State etc

Someone with business sense. Love to see it.

Just go power 3. Remaining pac 12 schools jump over to the Big 12. ACC splits into the Big 10, Big 12, and SEC

Big 10: BC, Cuse, Miami, Pitt, UVA, VA tech
Big 12: GA Tech, North Carolina, Duke, wake Forrest,
SEC: Clemson, Louisville

Could swap Miami to the SEC, Louisville to the big 10

Advertisement
I prefer switch to SEC, joined by Clemson. SEC is the premier football conference regardless of what "THE" and Michigan might say. Compare SEC football championships to the Big Ten this century. SEC winners: Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, and LSU. Big Ten: only "THE" has won. Adding Miami and Clemson to SEC will strengthen that advantage, and I do believe Miami is back with Mario and the new AD.

The rest of ACC can go to Big Ten, although the Big Ten will probably take only a couple. ACC should remain alive as a basketball conference, maybe bring in some of the former Big East basketball powers like Connecticut, Villanova and Syracuse.

Big 12 is going to be left at the bottom of the new P3.

Advertisement
I prefer switch to SEC, joined by Clemson. SEC is the premier football conference regardless of what "THE" and Michigan might say. Compare SEC football championships to the Big Ten this century. SEC winners: Bama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, and LSU. Big Ten: only "THE" has won. Adding Miami and Clemson to SEC will strengthen that advantage, and I do believe Miami is back with Mario and the new AD.

The rest of ACC can go to Big Ten, although the Big Ten will probably take only a couple. ACC should remain alive as a basketball conference, maybe bring in some of the former Big East basketball powers like Connecticut, Villanova and Syracuse.

SEC has garbage academics, so strongly suspect UM leadership would lean B1G. B1G membership also gives a school access to 10 billion (with a B) in research grants. More at play than sports. I also think SEC refs would make us wish Terry Porter was officiating games. In terms of SEC getting a free pass on cheating, if you have two mega conferences, that's not going to fly anymore. B1G would have as much juice as the SEC, so they wouldn't allow NCAA leadership to continue giving Saban a rusty trombone.

Advertisement
Thanks. Everyone saying B1G & SEC eyeing 20-24 schools so essentially be left with Power 3?

Eh. There will be a Power 2 and then the Leftover 1.

SEC and B1G will generate all the revenue. Everyone else, if you want to put a conference together, knock yourselves out, but we don't care and nobody is paying attention to it.

Idk why Stanford keeps being discussed. Their academic standards make it difficult to compete as it is. NIL can't really help them. They had a nice 10 year stretch, but they're trending back down and Shaw is rumored to be on the hot seat.

Eugene Oregon is 3000 miles away from Miami and at least 2500 away from every other team in the ACC. Same problem U of Washington has.

I hate to break you guys but Eugene is not LA. The USC brand and LA media market are so desirable that you put up with the distance.

The ACC also extended its conference rights deal nine years through 2035-36.
The conference's grant of rights makes it financially untenable for a school to leave, guaranteeing in the 20 years of the deal that a school's media rights, including revenue, for all home games would remain with the ACC regardless of the school's affiliation.

I'm sure this could be figured out but it always gets lost when leaving the ACC gets brought up.

Swafford swallowed a lot of ****s on behalf of the ACC.

Advertisement
the timing of when we hired Cristobal and Radakovich was vitally important for this exact reason. we have a football program that is investing in success at the exact time we need to prove our worth and an experienced AD who will know how to maneuver us into the next era of college football
Amen, I am sure this was one of driving factor in investments in people and facilities. I am sure Ruiz or one of the Christopher Columbus guys told president Frenk that if you(UM) do not start investing in program there might not be a place at the table on next realignment ...... super conferences are on the way.......

All while the ACC sitting around acting like Blackberry, Nintendo and Nokia…..
The ACC needs to ****, or get off of the pot! Make a move to procure ND (to join full time), grab a couple of quality BIG football schools, and renegotiate that ****** TV deal, if it plans on surviving. If not, then you’re looking at losing the few “football” schools that you have. If that happens, then you’re the New Big East Conference. Congratufuccinlations!

Advertisement
Back