USC and UCLA to B1G

Has it been noted that Notre Dame IS NOT an AAU school? Sadly, that officially takes the B1G off the table for the Irish.

Sorry. No exceptions. I don't makes the rules. Rutgers has an academic standard to protect.

Hopefully we're in the same SEC pod with the Golden Domers.
I'm certain the BIG will waive this requirement to get Notre Dame. Otherwise they may need to kick Nebraska out. In this college football environment the old traditions will prob go away.

Advertisement
Watching finebaum now. Surprisingly he thinks Miami best of the acc for the sec. Followed by Clemson. Hates FSU and VTech as not having anything to offer. Just passing along as it was a surprise.

This is an interesting take. What were his reasons ?

On the Notre Dame board one poster claiming "His Source" has informed him, Oregon and Washington will get the invite to the BIG, at which time
the reaming PAC 12 will merge with the BIG 12.
TIFWIW.

Advertisement
I'm in
Sec should just take notre dame and Miami
That would be ideal and would create a massive rivalry with long history
They will clearly want Clemson at a minimum. I think Miami adds more than FSU but they would want FSU as well I believe. In any case Gators and SC will stomp their feet but Im sure will fall in line when the time comes as times are changing.

Advertisement
Watching finebaum now. Surprisingly he thinks Miami best of the acc for the sec. Followed by Clemson. Hates FSU and VTech as not having anything to offer. Just passing along as it was a surprise.
That’s shocking. But if anyone knows what is being discussed at SEC headquarters, it’s Finebaum.

Has it been noted that Notre Dame IS NOT an AAU school? Sadly, that officially takes the B1G off the table for the Irish.

Sorry. No exceptions. I don't makes the rules. Rutgers has an academic standard to protect.

Hopefully we're in the same SEC pod with the Golden Domers.

I've mentioned it multiple times, sometimes mockingly.

I wouldn't worry about AAU membership being a bar to membership. I think the Big 10 will encourage ND and/or UM to apply for it. They're OK with Nebraska not having it (any longer).

Advertisement
Why does anyone think that any team would ever leave the Big 10? They dont even need grant-of-rights to hold onto members.

If the ACC had ANY chance of stealing ANY Big 10 member, it would be Maryland. And that ain't happening.
People are in denial that this is the death spell for the ACC. There are no premier programs like a Texas, USC, Oklahoma etc. to bring into the ACC. Notre Dame is the only domino left that we could realistically bring in. And they aren’t joining

I was recently watching Rich Eisen clips of his show and he basically said he could foresee a future like soccer in which a new Super League/ Super Leagues will be formed.
The leagues will only have the best of the best teams (20-40 teams) in a season and then "relegation" may occur in which the worse teams fall into crappier league and the best champions from the lower leagues join in the Super League the following season.

Obviously as a soccer fan I kinda like that idea. Would give the teams having bad seasons something to play for and not just give up and wait for next year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was recently watching Rich Eisen clips of his show and he basically said he could foresee a future like soccer in which a new Super League/ Super Leagues will be formed.
The leagues will only have the best of the best teams (20-40 teams) in a season and then "relegation" may occur in which the worse teams fall into crappier league and the best champions from the lower leagues join in the Super League the following season.

Obviously as a soccer fan I kinda like that idea. Would make the teams having bad seasons something to play for and not just give up and wait for next year.

I like it... Doubt it would happen but I do like it...

Has anyone mentioned ESPN involvement? They do have rights to SEC and ACC. Could they all be working on something on back channels??

Advertisement
Back