USC and UCLA to B1G

Advertisement
The ACC (16 teams) have an agreement with ESPN. A contract. If things get very dicey and it seems that the Miami's, Clemson's and FSU's of the world are trying to leave, you better believe that these scrub programs are going to hold on to that suddenly valuable contract with everything they have because not only will it be the last major contract they ever see, but they will be able to use it to keep us. Every school not offered by the SEC/Big 10 would vote to preserve it if there was a motion to accept an out from ESPN.

And Miami, Clemson and FSU can't leave without being released from the media grant of rights, which might be a nine figure problem or worse for each school.

Basically the rest of the ACC will not let go of us, nor will they agree to nullify the contract.

I get what you are saying, but unfortunately there has to be an orderly unwinding, and the order of things is what would prevent this.

Happy to be wrong, but as of today, logically, nah.
So we are stuck in the dying ACC is what you’re saying smh

D94AB305-EFE2-4100-9E2A-512E5944B781.jpeg
It’s going to cost… is their a way around this?

I thought I read it, but is it 8 schools need to dissolve the ACC….

If true, that may help the “negotiations” on the Grant of Rights, no?

Advertisement
8 schools?! No way I see 8 schools breaking this thing up. Miami UNC FSU and Clemson for sure but I can’t see anybody else… maybe Louisville?
I could see VT wanting, but that would still leave at least 2 more. And are the states of NC and VA going to let public schools go and leave behind other public schools (UVA & NC State)?

Advertisement
Advertisement
ND made sure not to be apart of the TV deal so they wouldn’t count… why is Kansas and Duke up there…
Basketball blue bloods and likely political pull that comes with it is my guess

The ND question comes down to if it takes 8 schools to vote to dissolve the conference does ND have a vote. I swear I read it but I could be completely wrong.

So we are stuck in the dying ACC is what you’re saying smh

I am saying if we are going to get out, it's either going to take a lot of money or a lot of creatively in finding a legal loophole I don't know about. We, and every other ACC school, signed away our media right to the conference for quite a while.

Advertisement
Basketball blue bloods and likely political pull that comes with it is my guess

The ND question comes down to if it takes 8 schools to vote to dissolve the conference does ND have a vote. I swear I read it but I could be completely wrong.
Maybe the State of North Carolina says UNC can’t go without Duke.. I can see that as a possibility. I’m sure ND isn’t apart of the espn tv deal

Maybe the State of North Carolina says UNC can’t go without Duke.. I can see that as a possibility. I’m sure ND isn’t apart of the espn tv deal
Agreed on ND, but I think the 8 is the conference all together. Like burning down the whole **** thing…

Seems too good to be true because the B1G and SEC could throw the money around and kill the ACC by 4th of July if true

Advertisement
Back