Urban Caught lying..... Surprise!

Why is Battle so hard fast on his commitment? You have to know the writing is on the way for Urbie, is he really buying the BS they’re shoving up his backside? He needs to come home and play for the real U, not be up their struggling with all the questions and crap that surely will be coming.

Advertisement
I thought for sure in the beginning that Urban couldn’t survive this but it’s looking like he will. Ohio State is going to use their “14 day investigation” to let it blow over and find the right fall guy.

Meyer's not going anywhere, once they announced who would be doing the investigation you knew the fix was in.
Two points to ponder, do you really think anyone on that investigative board is going to fire the football coach at *st and still try to live in that state? Not gonna happen. Their life, as well as the lives of their families, would be living **** and possibly worse.
Who states a hard timeline for an investigation? That means they're going through the motions and preparing to fire the AD and give Meyer a suspension of a few games, nothing more.

Meyer's not going anywhere, once they announced who would be doing the investigation you knew the fix was in.
Two points to ponder, do you really think anyone on that investigative board is going to fire the football coach at *st and still try to live in that state? Not gonna happen. Their life, as well as the lives of their families, would be living **** and possibly worse.
Who states a hard timeline for an investigation? That means they're going through the motions and preparing to fire the AD and give Meyer a suspension of a few games, nothing more.
Your completely wrong on so many levels because your trying to think about this from a fans point of view, not an administrations. First thing your wrong on is the investigators don’t fire urban, they find the evidence and then the admin makes the firing decision. Second thing, these people are former st attorneys and other law enforcement/government officials who have there own integrity to protect as well as there careers in the law and order field, none of these people are going to stick there neck out for the #metoo chopping block for urban Meyer by trying to cover up the facts and you can guarantee that. Third thing your wrong about is the blow back from fans, the admin and the people doing this investigation aren’t concerned with that because this situation is ultra serious and much bigger then OSU and certainly much bigger then Meyer. People used to say the same things about the people investigating tressel and paterno. And all those people are still living in there states. Urban is so toxic that he would damage the OSU brand forever if they kept him on after this and the protests and media attacks would be relentless. This 14 day investigation is nothing then the admin trying to not have to pay him his buyout and urban desperately trying to get some of the buyout. He’s deadman walking.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why is Battle so hard fast on his commitment? You have to know the writing is on the way for Urbie, is he really buying the BS they’re shoving up his backside? He needs to come home and play for the real U, not be up their struggling with all the questions and crap that surely will be coming.

He cashed his BAG already...

GOVANES

Your completely wrong on so many levels because your trying to think about this from a fans point of view, not an administrations. First thing your wrong on is the investigators don’t fire urban, they find the evidence and then the admin makes the firing decision. Second thing, these people are former st attorneys and other law enforcement/government officials who have there own integrity to protect as well as there careers in the law and order field, none of these people are going to stick there neck out for the #metoo chopping block for urban Meyer by trying to cover up the facts and you can guarantee that. Third thing your wrong about is the blow back from fans, the admin and the people doing this investigation aren’t concerned with that because this situation is ultra serious and much bigger then OSU and certainly much bigger then Meyer. People used to say the same things about the people investigating tressel and paterno. And all those people are still living in there states. Urban is so toxic that he would damage the OSU brand forever if they kept him on after this and the protests and media attacks would be relentless. This 14 day investigation is nothing then the admin trying to not have to pay him his buyout and urban desperately trying to get some of the buyout. He’s deadman walking.

I disagree, and I'll bet you a whole dollar he doesn't get fired. You find them putting a timeline on the investigation normal...seriously??

I disagree, and I'll bet you a whole dollar he doesn't get fired. You find them putting a timeline on the investigation normal...seriously??
No not saying it’s normal but telling in a lot of ways. OSU wants to wrap this up as quick as possible because the longer it goes the more heat there under and worse things will get with people cont to through other people under the bus. 14 days to find out if they can fire him for cause or not. Either way his time at OSU is done as that university isn’t going to risk there standing/reputation/brand by keeping someone as toxic as Meyer no matter how good of a coach he is. This isn’t the good ole days, this is the time of #metoo and social media, they keep meyer and there comiting brand reputation suicide.

No not saying it’s normal but telling in a lot of ways. OSU wants to wrap this up as quick as possible because the longer it goes the more heat there under and worse things will get with people cont to through other people under the bus. 14 days to find out if they can fire him for cause or not. Either way his time at OSU is done as that university isn’t going to risk there standing/reputation/brand by keeping someone as toxic as Meyer no matter how good of a coach he is. This isn’t the good ole days, this is the time of #metoo and social media, they keep meyer and there comiting brand reputation suicide.

Not discounting anything you said. It's just a hunch to me he somehow survives this with a 4 game suspension. Someone in administration, most likely Gene Smith, will get fired but not Meyer. Just my guess.

They have a 30k fan signed petition and are holding a rally in support of Meyer up there.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I thought for sure in the beginning that Urban couldn’t survive this but it’s looking like he will. Ohio State is going to use their “14 day investigation” to let it blow over and find the right fall guy.
And it’s going to be Gene Smith...

God I hope you're right, I just fear not.

ESPN NEVER misses a chance to get on its soapbox, yet has been curiously quiet here. Where is Jemele Hill when you need her?!

maybe because I'm not in Ohio, but I'm so confused by the lack of outrage and demonstration from the usual suspects.. it's a college campus for god's sake... where are the women's groups/clubs rallying and going ape sh*t like they did at Tenn.... where are all the female sports reporters/tv folk continuing the march???

Advertisement
No P5 program currently looking for a coach so the 40million by out wins unless myer and his lawyers work out something. AD gonna be looking for a job. I’m sure his buyout is way less.

Not discounting anything you said. It's just a hunch to me he somehow survives this with a 4 game suspension. Someone in administration, most likely Gene Smith, will get fired but not Meyer. Just my guess.

They have a 30k fan signed petition and are holding a rally in support of Meyer up there.
Yes mike I saw that petition but just some context on this, tressel and paterno also had the same support/rallies/petitions and there both gone.

Yes mike I saw that petition but just some context on this, tressel and paterno also had the same support/rallies/petitions and there both gone.

You may very well be correct. Time will Tell. That's why I said its my guess and hunch.

Advertisement
What does a petition have to do with him actually keeping his job? Of course OSU fans don't want him fired. How is this news???

What does a petition have to do with him actually keeping his job? Of course OSU fans don't want him fired. How is this news???

So, you don't find it odd in this era of #metoo and women's marches and protesting just about anything, there really hasn't been anything to speak of as far as protesting, and fire Meyer rallies? In Fact people are organizing to keep him while nothing in opposition? That doesn't seem strange to you?

I think the independent board felt obligated to reveal a certain time period as a courtesy to the many players, coaches and staff that need to know where this is going and how it is being handled. (They do not want all of these people stuck in limbo for way too long.)
My gut says that is an indication that this could end badly for Urban.

Advertisement
Back