Urban Caught lying..... Surprise!

Advertisement
Its amazing how fast these institutions can bottle this **** up.
14 days. 14 days! To "thoroughly" investigate this matter and render a decision. Are you ******* kidding me? When the NCAA handled the Shapiro incident, we were left with a cloud hanging over us for two years, and that was just to receive the Notice of Allegations.

This whole sham of an investigation is simply unconscionable. From the absurd self-imposed timeline to the absurd self-policing itself. If the NCAA had any balls, it'd step in today and say "thanks, committee, but we've got it from here."

14 days. 14 days! To "thoroughly" investigate this matter and render a decision. Are you ******* kidding me? When the NCAA handled the Shapiro incident, we were left with a cloud hanging over us for two years, and that was just to receive the Notice of Allegations.

This whole sham of an investigation is simply unconscionable. From the absurd self-imposed timeline to the absurd self-policing itself. If the NCAA had any balls, it'd step in today and say "thanks, committee, but we've got it from here."

My question is it exactly 14 days , like if they're done in 9 days will they hold off on releasing the information, is 14 a hard number, what if they need a 15th day does that make the whole process start over?

Unbelievable that more is not being said about the "14 days" statement. SMH

My question is it exactly 14 days , like if they're done in 9 days will they hold off on releasing the information, is 14 a hard number, what if they need a 15th day does that make the whole process start over?

Unbelievable that more is not being said about the "14 days" statement. SMH
I expect they use the full 14 days, but whether it's 9 or 15 who cares? There should be a full-blown Title IX investigation by the NCAA. And if anyone doesn't think this matters, just look at one of the recruits we're after in Jordan Battle. If the NCAA stepped in, there's no chance Battle stays committed to Ohio State. Remember how damaging the cloud was to our program with regard to recruiting? Ohio State would be losing recruits left and right if the possibility of real sanctions existed (i.e. bowl bans, scholarship losses, etc). I am just as mad at the NCAA for its inaction as I am for Ohio State and its sham investigation.

I expect they use the full 14 days, but whether it's 9 or 15 who cares? There should be a full-blown Title IX investigation by the NCAA. And if anyone doesn't think this matters, just look at one of the recruits we're after in Jordan Battle. If the NCAA stepped in, there's no chance Battle stays committed to Ohio State. Remember how damaging the cloud was to our program with regard to recruiting? Ohio State would be losing recruits left and right if the possibility of real sanctions existed (i.e. bowl bans, scholarship losses, etc). I am just as mad at the NCAA for its inaction as I am for Ohio State and its sham investigation.

The NCAA doesn't perform the title IX investigation. It's completely out of their jurisdiction.

Advertisement
The NCAA doesn't perform the title IX investigation. It's completely out of their jurisdiction.
Didn't know that, but the point still remains there's no way the NCAA should sit idly when it's clear the possibility of systemic wrongdoing by an institution which it governs may have happened. The NCAA gets involved with ish like free tattoos, it certainly can get involved here, even if not from an explicit Title IX perspective, per se.

Didn't know that, but the point still remains there's no way the NCAA should sit idly when it's clear the possibility of systemic wrongdoing by an institution which it governs may have happened. The NCAA gets involved with ish like free tattoos, it certainly can get involved here, even if not from an explicit Title IX perspective, per se.

Although I don't disagree. The NCAA got involved in a similar situation when the Penn St. scandal was going. They levied significant penalties against the school, just to turn around and reverse the sanctions. They showed their *** on that one and likely won't get involved.

How quickly we forget that PSU fans were willing to look the other way about Joe Pa being guilty of looking the other way as well. If anyone has forgotten, check out Pachino in Paterno on HBO.
yea that movie was pretty disturbing and flat out damning to paterno. There’s no denying anymore that he knew.

Advertisement

The NCAA steps in eventually if it can make a case. As some one said, they tried to get involved with Penn State to only reverse **** near every sanction, it seems odd that the NCAA can come down on a school for giving out free tattoos and dinners but not sexual assault and domestic violence.

The self-appointed committee is total BS but something every school does, even Miami had their own team looking into Shapiro. The outcome of that investigation will likely have zero impact on the NCAA deciding to investigate one way or the other.

I also read that Ohio State never contacted Courtney Smith concerning the allegations, so if Urban did properly report, Ohio State did not think it was important enough to even reach out to the alleged victim.

I was being facetious.

Advertisement
I have no love for Meyer, tOSU, any of 'em, so personally, I'd love to see that program gutted. So, I'm biased.

In this era, I don't see how a public university retains him. That very well may happen, but I don't see it. It's way too high profile now. Removing him sets you back as a program, but distances you from the issue and closes the matter. Retaining him, especially in the social media era, keeps the questions coming.

Brett McMurphy posted this:

Less than two months before Ohio State WR coach Zach Smith was investigated in 2015 for domestic violence and felonious assault against Courtney Smith, Shelley Meyer was a featured speaker at a Birmingham, Ala., conference to draw awareness to the ongoing fight to eradicate domestic violence.

The conference – “College Football Wives 2015” – was in August 2015 and featured eight wives of prominent coaches speaking against domestic violence. The event was part of a public awareness campaign called “Refuse The Abuse” – and came less than two months before Zach Smith’s alleged domestic violence on Courtney Smith on Oct. 25, 2015.

“With our coaching staff and Urban, disrespecting women or any violence toward women is one of the rules of the team that is not acceptable," Shelley Meyer told AL.com on Aug. 8, 2015.

Despite multiple domestic violence allegations against Zach Smith, he remained with the program until he was fired July 23, 2018.

Urban Meyer said last month during Big Media Days that he and his wife, Shelley, “counseled” Zach and Courtney Smith in 2009 after Zach Smith was arrested on domestic violence charges – aggravated assault against a pregnant victim. Courtney was 10 weeks pregnant at the time.

“She’s (Shelley) always weighed in as my best friend and soul mate,” Urban said at Big Ten Media Days on July 24. “She’s been right there with everything. Especially when you’re dealing with – not who’s going to carry the ball on third down, she has an opinion on that too – we chat about people. She has a great spirit. A great love of people. Her heart is always in the right place. She’s phenomenal. Absolutely I rely on her.”

Courtney told me she refused to press charges in 2009 after Meyer’s longtime “life coach” Hiram de Fries convinced her to drop the charges.

Courtney said last month she had multiple conversations and text message exchanges with Shelley about Zach’s domestic violence in 2015. Courtney also shared pictures of her abuse with Shelley.

In a 2015 text message to Courtney, Shelley said she was concerned for Courtney’s safety: ““I am with you! A lot of women stay hoping it will get better. I don’t blame you! But just want u to be safe. Do you have a restraining order? He scares me.”

On Aug. 1, Ohio State announced it was investigating Urban Meyer and the investigation was expected to be completed within 14 days.

In an interview with (614) magazine, published Jan. 5, 2015, Shelley proudly discussed her ability to help people with their “tragic situations.”

“I’m a psychiatric nurse, for God’s sake,” Shelley told the magazine. “All I do is help people problem-solve, help them with their social issues, their personal tragic situations, real life stuff.”

Meanwhile, Ohio State University, since last Friday, has refused to respond to multiple public record requests inquiring about the employment status of Shelley Meyer, who is a part-time instructor of clinical practice at the university’s College of Nursing.

At 12:58 p.m. Monday, Benjamin Johnson and Christopher Davey, of Ohio State’s public information office, assured the information would be provided “very soon.”

As of the publishing of this story Tuesday afternoon, Ohio State has still not fulfilled this public information request concerning Shelley Meyer, a state employee.

Shelley Meyer could have violated the school’s Sexual Misconduct Policy and potentially Title IX, if she did not notify her supervisor of Courtney Smith’s repeated abuse. The school, however, announced Urban Meyer had been placed on paid administrative leave on Aug. 1.

Advertisement
good. this entire thing is retarded anyway. more football, less drama. please

all these scary dudes in this thread afraid of meyer coaching at osu. i wanna see him in the playoffs and send him out right.

You have no issue with this juxtaposed to the butt**** the NCAA pulled on us?

Sorry. I take huuuuuuuuuge issue with this.

If they want to use nonsense against us I expect every other team to deal with the same.

You have no issue with this juxtaposed to the butt**** the NCAA pulled on us?

Sorry. I take huuuuuuuuuge issue with this.

If they want to use nonsense against us I expect every other team to deal with the same.

nah, we got caught cheating and skated by relatively clean in the end all things considered. Having Golden as our coach was a far bigger punishment for our program than anything the NCAA did to us. but i havent forgotten the witch hunt from EVERYBODY. sorry, but im not going to perpetuate it, there's enough of that going on in america. everyone's outraged over every little thing and frothing at the mouth to take people or institutions down, regardless of the reason. its mostly fueled by hate or jealousy. i want no part of it.

we were dumb about what we did and who we associated with and had to pay a price for it. i actually look on blatant cheating(paying players) far worse than i do this current urban stuff, as its actually relevant to football & competitive fairness(yes, im aware all big time programs, including OSU are dropping bags, and if/when they get caught THEN i'll demand proper, SEVERE punishment)

aside from those differences between the two situations, i simply see the joy in threads like these as coming from a very insecure place in fans. people hate urban because he wins a lot of football games. i get it. i hate him, too. but, the effect of that hate on me is that i want to BEAT him. others seem to just want an excuse for him to have to quit and to have one less great coach to have to compete against.

im a fan of the game. I want the absolute best out there competing, and i want to beat them all. I hope we finish the year beating Dabo, Urban, and Saban in that order.

nah, we got caught cheating and skated by relatively clean in the end all things considered. Having Golden as our coach was a far bigger punishment for our program than anything the NCAA did to us. but i havent forgotten the witch hunt from EVERYBODY. sorry, but im not going to perpetuate it, there's enough of that going on in america. everyone's outraged over every little thing and frothing at the mouth to take people or institutions down, regardless of the reason. its mostly fueled by hate or jealousy. i want no part of it.

we were dumb about what we did and who we associated with and had to pay a price for it. i actually look on blatant cheating(paying players) far worse than i do this current urban stuff, as its actually relevant to football & competitive fairness(yes, im aware all big time programs, including OSU are dropping bags, and if/when they get caught THEN i'll demand proper, SEVERE punishment)

aside from those differences between the two situations, i simply see the joy in threads like these as coming from a very insecure place in fans. people hate urban because he wins a lot of football games. i get it. i hate him, too. but, the effect of that hate on me is that i want to BEAT him. others seem to just want an excuse for him to have to quit and to have one less great coach to have to compete against.

im a fan of the game. I want the absolute best out there competing, and i want to beat them all. I hope we finish the year beating Dabo, Urban, and Saban in that order.
Urban, is that you?

“I’m a psychiatric nurse, for God’s sake,” Shelley told the magazine. “All I do is help people problem-solve, help them with their social issues, their personal tragic situations, real life stuff.”

Except Aaron Hernandez, *** that guy, I just made sure he stayed eligible. They both sound like self-righteous a-holes.

Advertisement
Back