Updates from this weekends visitors??

That's funny/sad thing to me I dont get how we hardly ever miss on offensive recruits when our offense is horrendous for the last few years but our offense is top in the nation year out and we constantly miss on our top prospects I get the winning and bags but how we land Cheney's, popes and more but miss on the Stevenson's and Jones and flowes now
Can’t miss defensive players are expensive.
Pope was never Jeudy or Hasselwood.
Have you seen anyone say we have even a chance at Jacory Brooks? The truly elite receivers still don’t come. Chaney and Zo are outliers and hopefully a sign that recruiting is picking up. But the 4 games last year and this year is a huge hurdle to overcome.

Advertisement
Can’t miss defensive players are expensive.
Pope was never Jeudy or Hasselwood.
Have you seen anyone say we have even a chance at Jacory Brooks? The truly elite receivers still don’t come. Chaney and Zo are outliers and hopefully a sign that recruiting is picking up. But the 4 games last year and this year is a huge hurdle to overcome.
But you could say pope and Stevenson are on the same level I'm talking about our top level prospects more times we land offensive players over our defensive ones

Only Inner City kids have the culture shock.
Some country kids will like Miami, some wont. Some city kids will like Miami, some wont. Unless we know because the kid is on record, its kind of a throw away statement. If being in a major city mattered, Bama & Clemson wouldnt be winning so much. College towns are in many ways the best of both worlds. People always want to rip college towns, but they got a lot going for them, especially if you are young.

I've been said flowe to miami. Stand firm on that my dude. Theres a reason we dont care about hypolite
[/QUOTE

listen I hope you’re right man. But I’ve seen miami time and time again lay all their eggs in one basket and get left in the end. we can’t continue to trust these “silent commits” or the I’m coming coach wink wink. Take the other kid at linebacker and if Flowe wants in of course you make room.

Lmao nope bugle chips or whatever you're talking about was never a cane
Interesting. Must be two @tdub85s
1F7E3792-5683-42EE-9F3D-1C4D32DBC744.png

Advertisement
But you could say pope and Stevenson are on the same level I'm talking about our top level prospects more times we land offensive players over our defensive ones
Idk about Pope and Stevenson being the same.
To me Stevenson was cant miss. Pope always had a size question mark to me. Trust me I love Pope, but Stevenson was at another level. Only time will tell though.
But yeah we got 2 of the best tight ends in the nation and zo in 2018 while swings and misses on the defensive dudes. I just feel that dudes like ps2 Campbell and Stevenson are harder to find and replace so the top schools go after them hard.. Ps2 and Jeudy about to be a 3 year starters at bama. Not too many dudes can say that at that school in any position.
5 star dtackles are even harder to get and thus the reason we haven’t landed one in idk how long. We’re not even recruiting any 5 star tackles for 20.
But regardless of position, if a player is seen as a can’t miss nfl prospect it’s hard for us to get them.

Advertisement
Because they're foolish in their approach to recruiting, they do this literally every single class & it always backfires on them like clockwork lol.

Putting all their eggs in one basket has been a staple of Diaz's style of recruiting since he got here, the Defensive staff is always chasing after unattainable prospects while losing contact & neglecting the more viable option only to get played by the high ranked 5-star, then they're left scrambling trying to reconnect with the more realistic prospect & that player usually tells them to kick rocks too.

Look bruh, I'm not happy we're not getting him, I'm just saying most of anybody who knows anything about recruiting saw this sh*t from a mile away & knew this kid wasn't coming, that's why myself & others were so puzzled & ****ed that the staff wasn't going harder after Hyppolite because our chances with him are 10,000x better than with getting a pipe dream like Flowe.

Yall just need to stop being so **** gullible all the time & pay attention to how this sh*t works, you'll rarely be fooled if you simply learn to look at the trends & tendencies of how we recruit whenever it comes to players of this caliber. This sh*t really ain't that difficult to figure out.

this is why I don’t think manny takes us to the next level. Game day coaching is bad, personnel deployment also terrible... but it’s his recruiting. His recruiting approach is going to keep us filling up our classes with guys that won’t make us contenders. His coaching might get better, but no evidence his recruiting is improving

this is why I don’t think manny takes us to the next level. Game day coaching is bad, personnel deployment also terrible... but it’s his recruiting. His recruiting approach is going to keep us filling up our classes with guys that won’t make us contenders. His coaching might get better, but no evidence his recruiting is improving

#MopesGonnaMope

Kids can get legally paid now. Get the kid in a local commercial selling second hand chancletas and pay him 200k.

Advertisement
Lol. Must be the slide...

on another note, I just dont see Flowe as the kind of kid that buys in to Dabo’s religion thing. He’s pretty serious about it. He gets the parents to buy in too. Granted I don’t know Flowe personally but he just doesn’t strike me as the overly spiritual type. The Clemson staff can’t force anything on him but he just doesnt seem like a great “fit” there from the outside looking in. Idk if that makes sense but I’ve always thought it odd.
C'mon man, the religion thing plays zero factor. Clemson is winning, they pay recruits, they win Naties...whats not to like by a top recruit???

Because they're foolish in their approach to recruiting, they do this literally every single class & it always backfires on them like clockwork lol.

Putting all their eggs in one basket has been a staple of Diaz's style of recruiting since he got here, the Defensive staff is always chasing after unattainable prospects while losing contact & neglecting the more viable option only to get played by the high ranked 5-star, then they're left scrambling trying to reconnect with the more realistic prospect & that player usually tells them to kick rocks too.

Look bruh, I'm not happy we're not getting him, I'm just saying most of anybody who knows anything about recruiting saw this sh*t from a mile away & knew this kid wasn't coming, that's why myself & others were so puzzled & ****ed that the staff wasn't going harder after Hyppolite because our chances with him are 10,000x better than with getting a pipe dream like Flowe.

Yall just need to stop being so **** gullible all the time & pay attention to how this sh*t works, you'll rarely be fooled if you simply learn to look at the trends & tendencies of how we recruit whenever it comes to players of this caliber. This sh*t really ain't that difficult to figure out.

@tdub85 @Jassid82

Y’all need to read this

Advertisement
I have to give this staff credit. They are going balls to the wall in recruiting.

I said in another thread and I stand by it... that 3 years from now if Justin Flowe, first team All-American LB for Clemson, had come out and did an interview and said that he grew up loving UM, his dad is best friends with Rohan Marley, Marley was his idol growing up but UM never called him or showed him any interest..you and everyone else on this board would have wanted Manny and the entire defensive staff fired that day.

You can't win with your rational of thinking. If you don't go after high caliber recruits, you get slaughtered. If you do, you get slaughtered. I agree with you that Hypollite we should be after but not at the expense of not going after Flowe with everything we got. That is my opinion. Flowe is the type of player that gets you back in the College Playoff in 2 years.

I been following recruiting since Marvin Jones spurned us for FSU and since Omar Rolle in 1993 saved our recruiting class after Lamont Green, Troy Saunders, James Colzie and Samari Rolle all spurned us at the last minute for FSU in the 25th hour. I have seen it all too. We have won some and lost some, but to have the thinking to not even put your hat in the ring? Not sure how that theory will ever lead us back to a championship. But I respect your opinion.

Well, with Manny running the ship, now the offense is recruiting with the all eggs in one basket philosophy, too. (See, e.g., Knighton v. Parrish.)
The staff doesnt want another running back if they dont get Knighton. They want Knighton because he is a star not because they need another number at the position. This one aint hard to get

It’s recruiting and it’s apart of coaches job. Whether y’all believe everything a 16-17 y/o kid says in today’s culture is up to you but I find it very hard UM doesn’t recruit or go all out on the kids on their board.

Once again, it’s recruiting, so it’s ever flowing and things can change but UM can also just miss on prospects, ya know like a lot of colleges do. Idk where dude is going but until the ink dries neither do any of y’all.

There’s nothing wrong with having recruiting discussions but I don’t see how y’all are so definite, taking either side, when.. you..don’t..know lol

Advertisement
Back