Updates from this weekends visitors??

We have won some and lost some, but to have the thinking to not even put your hat in the ring? Not sure how that theory will ever lead us back to a championship. But I respect your opinion.
It's not about not putting your hat in the ring. It's about not turning away a local kid like Hypollite who can clearly play here while chasing Flowe. ****, even Keyshawn Greene too. What are the odds that we land Flowe? 10%?

Advertisement
I said in another thread and I stand by it... that 3 years from now if Justin Flowe, first team All-American LB for Clemson, had come out and did an interview and said that he grew up loving UM, his dad is best friends with Rohan Marley, Marley was his idol growing up but UM never called him or showed him any interest..you and everyone else on this board would have wanted Manny and the entire defensive staff fired that day.

You can't win with your rational of thinking. If you don't go after high caliber recruits, you get slaughtered. If you do, you get slaughtered. I agree with you that Hypollite we should be after but not at the expense of not going after Flowe with everything we got. That is my opinion. Flowe is the type of player that gets you back in the College Playoff in 2 years.

I been following recruiting since Marvin Jones spurned us for FSU and since Omar Rolle in 1993 saved our recruiting class after Lamont Green, Troy Saunders, James Colzie and Samari Rolle all spurned us at the last minute for FSU in the 25th hour. I have seen it all too. We have won some and lost some, but to have the thinking to not even put your hat in the ring? Not sure how that theory will ever lead us back to a championship. But I respect your opinion.
He didn't say don't shoot your shot at flowe. He is saying every year they go all out for guys they likely won't get and they end up missing out on good prospects that they could have had.

It's not about not putting your hat in the ring. It's about not turning away a local kid like Hypollite who can clearly play here while chasing Flowe. ****, even Keyshawn Greene too. What are the odds that we land Flowe? 10%?

All respect to my dude PropJoe, but at some point we all need to come to the conclusion that there is something about Hypollite that the staff isn't jiving with or just doesn't like. I have said its because the staff thinks the kid is playing games and is all MD. I like the kid. I have said many times that we need to drop Mathis for him. ****, Manny dropped Jason Munoz last year and didn't bat an eye (and Munoz was ALL UM the entire year) so its not about loyalty to a recruit with Manny. And every recruiter knows that if a kid is a complete stud, you make room for him no matter what so it aint that either. ****, they are making room for the KGreene kid from what has been said if he wants in.

We are on the outside looking in with Hypolite because this situation doesn't make sense and I am not going to assume Manny is just to dumb to see this eval either. I think Flowe and Hypolite have nothing to do with each other and CIS posters are trying to make it like it they do to make their narrative that "Staff is stupid for going after Flowe and leaving Hypolite waiting.." stick.

Advertisement
All respect to my dude PropJoe, but at some point we all need to come to the conclusion that there is something about Hypollite that the staff isn't jiving with or just doesn't like. I have said its because the staff thinks the kid is playing games and is all MD. I like the kid. I have said many times that we need to drop Mathis for him. ****, Manny dropped Jason Munoz last year and didn't bat an eye (and Munoz was ALL UM the entire year) so its not about loyalty to a recruit with Manny. And every recruiter knows that if a kid is a complete stud, you make room for him no matter what so it aint that either. ****, they are making room for the KGreene kid from what has been said if he wants in.

We are on the outside looking in with Hypolite because this situation doesn't make sense and I am not going to assume Manny is just to dumb to see this eval either. I think Flowe and Hypolite have nothing to do with each other and CIS posters are trying to make it like it they do to make their narrative that "Staff is stupid for going after Flowe and leaving Hypolite waiting.." stick.
Be careful. You are posting reasonable and logical points. Most don’t like that.

I was thinking the exact same thing. If Flowe is not coming, figure out to cut bait or leave a door open in case he decides that Miami is for him. But Hyppolite has only showed us publicly that he likes to go to UM games and nothing more. Perhaps there is more being said behind the scenes with the coaches but this kid doesn’t appear to want to be a Cane. You can give your best pitch and be in their ear, but not every kid wants to stay in South Florida. If he wants to get out of town, there is nothing short of bag dropping that the staff could do (and if prior years are any indication, we don’t even know how to spell bags to be able to drop them).

Imo landing a kid from Wakulla is almost on the level of landing Flowe. Not from a talent level, but Wakulla is another world. I’m glad the staff is trying, but I hope they aren’t doing it at the expense of Hyppolite. Reminds me of my boy who would only cold call 9’s and 10’s when we went out. Kid had balls of steel. I applauded him for it. He never got laid though.

Advertisement

I agree. There is clearly something about Hyppolite that has him clinging to that Maryland commitment like a life raft. He has offers from major programs around the nation, at least 10 which are better than Maryland, yet he is sticking with that commitment. There has to be more than meets the eye there, and it's not just a case of Miami isn't showing him enough interest.

Advertisement
Imo landing a kid from Wakulla is almost on the level of landing Flowe. Not from a talent level, but Wakulla is another world. I’m glad the staff is trying, but I hope they aren’t doing it at the expense of Hyppolite. Reminds me of my boy who would only cold call 9’s and 10’s when we went out. Kid had balls of steel. I applauded him for it. He never got laid though.
Balls of steel??...You mean Blue Balls...

The staff doesnt want another running back if they dont get Knighton. They want Knighton because he is a star not because they need another number at the position. This one aint hard to get

It's a foolish strategy on 2 counts:

1. Parrish is a stud.
2. You need at least 4 RBs on scholarship at all times. The way things are looking now, there is a significant chance we have 2.5 backs next season (Harris, Chaney, and Burns).

I am also suspicious it is a post-hoc rationalization/excuse by the staff, who was singing a very different tune re: these two backs throughout the Spring and early Summer. As predictable as an ex-booty call telling her friends the *** wasn't all that after she's been left behind for a new one.

Advertisement
I agree. There is clearly something about Hyppolite that has him clinging to that Maryland commitment like a life raft. He has offers from major programs around the nation, at least 10 which are better than Maryland, yet he is sticking with that commitment. There has to be more than meets the eye there, and it's not just a case of Miami isn't showing him enough interest.
He is clinging to maryland because he can't commit to miami or bama right now if he wanted to. Yall want the dude to decommit and then be out here like francois looking dumb.

We don’t know anything at all about what’s planned or what’s been told to recruits or what they have told the staff.
There are some kids we’ve gone after and the writing was on the wall that they wanted bags. Or like Harris it was just a ploy to prop up the bags and we “stopped communicating” with them. They’re may have been some off field issues or maybe early on there were things said by the parents or kid that there was no interest and the staff moved on. Plenty of sofla recruits come to the games and even pay their own way to come. It’s not expensive and they might just love the game and want to see d1 talent but not be a fan of the teams playing. I think Jeudy was at a bunch of games as well.
You guys are making this hypolite issue like the kid is just waiting to flip when he gets he green light. Well if that’s the case he would flip even if we give him that green light on nsd.
How many kids are 100 crystal balled to a school and say they’re locked in only to flip on nsd.
Jordan Battle was all osu and got the green light to bama and flipped on nsd.

We don’t know anything at all about what’s planned or what’s been told to recruits or what they have told the staff.
There are some kids we’ve gone after and the writing was on the wall that they wanted bags. Or like Harris it was just a ploy to prop up the bags and we “stopped communicating” with them. They’re may have been some off field issues or maybe early on there were things said by the parents or kid that there was no interest and the staff moved on. Plenty of sofla recruits come to the games and even pay their own way to come. It’s not expensive and they might just love the game and want to see d1 talent but not be a fan of the teams playing. I think Jeudy was at a bunch of games as well.
You guys are making this hypolite issue like the kid is just waiting to flip when he gets he green light. Well if that’s the case he would flip even if we give him that green light on nsd.
How many kids are 100 crystal balled to a school and say they’re locked in only to flip on nsd.
Jordan Battle was all osu and got the green light to bama and flipped on nsd.
Battle wasnt a last minute flip. He been had started looking around and bama had been on him for months leading up to the flip.

Advertisement
Back