Updated depth chart

Larranaga on Jordan Miller: “The first thing is he can play multiple positions. He can play guard, he can guard a guard, he can guard a big. He can shoot the three, he can post up,” Larrañaga said. “He’s very good at rebounding, driving the ball to the basket. He’s got a lot of versatility in his game and that’s going to be very helpful to us right from the very beginning.”

G Moore-Beverly-Joseph
G Wong-Poplar
F McGusty-Robinson
F Miller-Walker
C Waardenburg-Miller-Gak

Advertisement
Larranaga on Jordan Miller: “The first thing is he can play multiple positions. He can play guard, he can guard a guard, he can guard a big. He can shoot the three, he can post up,” Larrañaga said. “He’s very good at rebounding, driving the ball to the basket. He’s got a lot of versatility in his game and that’s going to be very helpful to us right from the very beginning.”

G Moore-Beverly-Joseph
G Wong-Poplar
F McGusty-Robinson
F Miller-Walker
C Waardenburg-Miller-Gak
L will ruin another player by forcing them to play out of position due to his inability to recruit a center. He's done the same with Walker and Sam.

am I just an a-hole for thinking this team could finish like 4th or 5th in the ACC?

guards: wong, moore, beverly, joseph

wings: mcgusty, miller, robinson, poplar

bigs: waardenburg, walker, miller, gak

The new guys are the wild card. Hopefully, some gems there ready to contribute now.

As for the returnees, what aspects of the game of basketball do they excel in? No PG/distributor to run an offense, average outside shooting, no interior presence, not a good rebounding squad, unable to get timely stops on defense ...

Advertisement
The new guys are the wild card. Hopefully, some gems there ready to contribute now.

As for the returnees, what aspects of the game of basketball do they excel in? No PG/distributor to run an offense, average outside shooting, no interior presence, not a good rebounding squad, unable to get timely stops on defense ...
I'm hoping Charlie Moore will be a good distributor but from what I've seen, he's an inefficient score first guard. No interior presence and poor rebounding will be our biggest downfalls I believe. I'm hoping our outside shooting is at least a little better than last season. More guard depth = fresher legs.

am I just an a-hole for thinking this team could finish like 4th or 5th in the ACC?

guards: wong, moore, beverly, joseph

wings: mcgusty, miller, robinson, poplar

bigs: waardenburg, walker, miller, gak

Don't set yourself up....If we didn't play street ball on offense this team could make 4th or 5th. But with how we are corched it wont happen.

Advertisement
What is wrong with you people? Why are so many of you miserable ****s?

We're 0-0, tied with every other team in the country for first place.

Why be a fan if you can't even be optimistic at this point in the year? Do you enjoy being upset?

Why be a fan if you can't even be optimistic at this point in the year? Do you enjoy being upset?
Larranaga is still employed and is still running this program into the ground:

Haven’t had a full roster in 5 years, no big men, refuse to recruit big men, still run a high ball screen offense with no shooters

I hope we win the acc but you’re lying to yourself if you don’t think the same issues that have plagued L’s last 5 years wont shine bright this year yet again. He should have been canned 2 years ago but here we are in the same position we have been

Advertisement
I'm cautiously optimisitic because Wong, McGusty, Moore, Miller are natural scorers who will thrive playing street ball. Frontcourt issues can be mitigated by going small. Against bigger teams we can use Rod Miller and Deng Gak.

Larranaga is still employed and is still running this program into the ground:

Haven’t had a full roster in 5 years, no big men, refuse to recruit big men, still run a high ball screen offense with no shooters

I hope we win the acc but you’re lying to yourself if you don’t think the same issues that have plagued L’s last 5 years wont shine bright this year yet again. He should have been canned 2 years ago but here we are in the same position we have been
Why did you quote me?

I asked 4 questions in my post. You didn't answer any of them, so not sure why you would feel the need to quote me.

1. Nothing. Most of us are objective and we've seen this song & dance before.

2. I think most of those who aren't happy with the current state of our basketball program is because we haven't seen any improvement in years. In fact, our trajectory hasn't been this bad in 20+ years.

3. Tough to be optimistic when program has been in a tailspin for years with no end in site.

4. I don't think anyone enjoys being upset one bit. Hopefully, we can see the program do a 180 this season and get things turned around. If Larranaga can't do it, let's find someone who can.

GO CANES!!!

Advertisement
1. Nothing. Most of us are objective and we've seen this song & dance before.

2. I think most of those who aren't happy with the current state of our basketball program is because we haven't seen any improvement in years. In fact, our trajectory hasn't been this bad in 20+ years.

3. Tough to be optimistic when program has been in a tailspin for years with no end in site.

4. I don't think anyone enjoys being upset one bit. Hopefully, we can see the program do a 180 this season and get things turned around. If Larranaga can't do it, let's find someone who can.

GO CANES!!!
Agreed. This should be Larranaga's absolute last chance at turning this thing around. If he can't get us back to the NCAA Tournament, it's time to ask him to retire. That should not be an unrealistic, unreasonable goal.

I follow the basketball program, though not to the extent I do football. But it sure looks like a bottom of standings ACC team on paper.

With the way they have turned the ball over and took the air out of the ball on offense, I’m not sure how this team makes the tournament.

Am I seeing this wrong?

Advertisement
Back