Updated depth chart

Gables Canes

Freshman
PG - Moore/Beverly/Joseph
SG - Wong/Poplar
SF - Kam/J Miller/Robinson
PF - Sam/Walker
C - R Miller/Gak

A huge hole in the frontcourt, especially at the 5 spot. I can see a rotation of:

Moore/Bev/Joseph
Wong/Poplar
Kam/Robinson
Walker/J Miller
Sam/Walker

I think R Miller and Gak are the odd men out. I doubt Coach L will go beyond a 10 man rotation.

Advertisement
Just go small and high tempo. Rod Miller and Gak can be used sparingly when needed.
I wonder if L will go against his old philosophies. He has never had us play uptempo. We are always in the bottom half or even bottom third in Kenpom's tempo metric.

I wonder if L will go against his old philosophies. He has never had us play uptempo. We are always in the bottom half or even bottom third in Kenpom's tempo metric.
Team is filled with 1s, 2s and 3s. You would think he would play scramble defense, his signature. If ever there was a time, then it is this season.

Team is filled with 1s, 2s and 3s. You would think he would play scramble defense, his signature. If ever there was a time, then it is this season.
Agreed. This team should push the pace and play a lot of press defense. If we play our typical brand of slow paced, half court, pass the ball back and forth style of basketball, we're going to be terrible.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Agreed. This team should push the pace and play a lot of press defense. If we play our typical brand of slow paced, half court, pass the ball back and forth style of basketball, we're going to be terrible.
We are smaller and quicker and athletic and we have enough similar guys where we can play aggressively and not worry about foul trouble or depth. We don't have 3-point shooters to play ball screening, and we are going to get murdered in a half court game. Actually suits Walker and Sam better.

Are any of the new guys particularly noted for their stellar defense? Just wondering.

Are any of the new guys particularly noted for their stellar defense? Just wondering.
Honestly, no clue. We can play half court defense and dominate the boards and the lanes with a twig with bad knees and another dude who has a 6-inch vertical. Jim is like the anti-Stan Jones. :cool:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back