Updated depth chart

I follow the basketball program, though not to the extent I do football. But it sure looks like a bottom of standings ACC team on paper.

With the way they have turned the ball over and took the air out of the ball on offense, I’m not sure how this team makes the tournament.

Am I seeing this wrong?
I think our ceiling is a middle of the pack ACC team. We have a deep, talented backcourt but no size or athleticism up front. L NEEDS to switch up his philosophy and have us play an uptempo style of basketball. Do that and play a lot of press D and I think we could squeak into the NCAA Tournament or be a strong NIT team.

Advertisement
45667020-1301-4381-8C6F-AAFDADB98D87.png

Advertisement
I think our ceiling is a middle of the pack ACC team. We have a deep, talented backcourt but no size or athleticism up front. L NEEDS to switch up his philosophy and have us play an uptempo style of basketball. Do that and play a lot of press D and I think we could squeak into the NCAA Tournament or be a strong NIT team.
You mean Larranaga actually playing scramble defense with a roster that can really only play scramble defense and running?

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we have the number of injuries as we he had the last 2 years it will be a long season. If we can stay injury free we will have a good season. I still believe in Coach L.

70. Miami: 72-year-old Jim Larrañaga is owed a full season with as much health for his team as possible. Miami hasn't caught many breaks in the past five years. The Hurricanes have one of the most underrated power-conference point guards in Isaiah Wong and also return a fun ACC baller in Kameron McGusty. Charlie Moore -- who honestly feels like he's on his sixth team in 10 seasons -- will wrap his college career with the U.

Seems about right.

Advertisement

This says a lot about the program.
It is hard for me to understand how a high major coach does not average 20 wins per season when they have coached at the same school for over 15 years given that head coaches make their own schedule every year.

70. Miami: 72-year-old Jim Larrañaga is owed a full season with as much health for his team as possible. Miami hasn't caught many breaks in the past five years. The Hurricanes have one of the most underrated power-conference point guards in Isaiah Wong and also return a fun ACC baller in Kameron McGusty. Charlie Moore -- who honestly feels like he's on his sixth team in 10 seasons -- will wrap his college career with the U.

Seems about right.
Except Wong is not a point guard.

Advertisement
Back