Updated depth chart

Advertisement
i have been down on Harlond as much as anyone, but I always thought he had mucho energy and natural ability and just had to put it all together (I guess that includes attitude.) Just sayin... it wouldn't surprise me that much if the team starts doing well, he could blossom into a really fine asset.

i have been down on Harlond as much as anyone, but I always thought he had mucho energy and natural ability and just had to put it all together (I guess that includes attitude.) Just sayin... it wouldn't surprise me that much if the team starts doing well, he could blossom into a really fine asset.
If he hasn't improved his shot, he'll still be a net liability on the court. He shot <20% from 3 last season and a dreadful 40% from the line! Some of that may have been his back injury, but he wasn't much better his freshman season.

If he hasn't improved his shot, he'll still be a net liability on the court. He shot <20% from 3 last season and a dreadful 40% from the line! Some of that may have been his back injury, but he wasn't much better his freshman season.
Agreed, he’s also a turnover machine that plays out of control at times. L loves those out of control guards lmao

Advertisement
He also gives inconsistent effort, especially on defense. If Beverly doesn't step up his game, Bensley Joseph will pass him up on the depth chart.
Extremely excited about Joseph. For the simple reason that we finally have a true 1. It’s been sorely needed for a LONG TIME. Beverly off the bench is probably best for him anyways

If we indeed go with the small lineup and are able to really run the floor, it'll be very interesting to see if/how the contrast in offensive styles helps or hurts various players. A running team should maximize the value of "athletic" players to a degree we haven't seen since the Larkin-led teams.

With playing half-court like we mostly have, skills like outside shooting took priority over athleticism. Why a guy like DeQuan Jones might've flourished in a style that went hard "end-to-end," and yet was so ineffective in the half-court set, and still was given an NBA look.

Also be interesting to see, if we're going up-tempo, who will trigger the break by sweeping the defensive glass.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back