UPDATE: STILL MY OPINION: Hurts decision expected tomorrow/martell by Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
As others have pointed out, you don't have to attend the first day of class. That being said I don't think Hurts or Martell would want to start off 2 weeks behind.
I’m assuming this team meeting aside from staff introductions will probably introduce the start of the spring s&c as well and will probably pick up in the following week so yeah that’s an accurate point.

Advertisement
I’m not trying to discredit anyone, I want to start off by saying that, but the info that has been provided has been posted on Twitter & on this site in other threads. Jalen was taking 3 visits & said he wanted to make a decision by Monday, we are his final visit.
Thanks

I get that, but,

1) J williams, for now, on roster
2) Miami will go after the "next big thing" at QB that will also compete with him

If Martell didnt think he could put down a J Fields challenge, is he really more than a JAG?

Something about OhSt situation doesnt seem right.
I’m not saying Martell will be a star, but:

1) I don’t think JWilliams is scaring a transfer. His competition in 2020 is JW, Perry and Weldon. That’s not exactly a group of 5 stars

2). Every program is going to go after a great QB recruit next year. That’s not a Miami thing. If Martell is looking for a program with zero QBs on the roster, then I don’t know what to say.

source.jpg

Advertisement
As others have pointed out, you don't have to attend the first day of class. That being said I don't think Hurts or Martell would want to start off 2 weeks behind.

How does it work for grad transfers? Do they have to take graduate level course work or can they take bs undergrad course? If grad level, they definitely don’t want to fall behind

1) I don’t think JWilliams is scaring a transfer. His competition in 2020 is JW, Perry and Weldon. That’s not exactly a group of 5 stars

2). Every program is going to go after a great QB recruit next year. That’s not a Miami thing. If Martell is looking for a program with zero QBs on the roster, then I don’t know what to say.

Fair enough.

If he is looking for a program with zero QBs on the roster, he's found one. I guess we should thank the Richts for their incompetence as they set us up to land Hurts and Martell.

Advertisement
I think he could try to pursuit a transfer exemption rather than being able to graduate college after 2 years. That’s unreal to do tbh

Agree I don't see how he could have graduated by now. Martell enrolled early in January of 2017. But at most he'd have completed 3 years of credits (2.5 school years + 2 summer terms). Even with a bunch of AP credits coming in, he'd not have had enough time to earn the credits to graduate. A RS SO could get it done, not a RS FR.

It is pretty **** funny that the OP has come correct ( when no a single other person knew ) and people bash him when he continues to try to provide info. I totally believe he has been told this and I am inclined to believe it happens even if it doesn't happen exactly when he says it will since these things are fluid . Regardless it is pretty **** obvious we are getting Hurts . Martell i think is 50/50 but so be it either way .

Agree I don't see how he could have graduated by now. Martell enrolled early in January of 2017. But at most he'd have completed 3 years of credits (2.5 school years + 2 summer terms). Even with a bunch of AP credits coming in, he'd not have had enough time to earn the credits to graduate. A RS SO could get it done, not a RS FR.

I posted the link before, he is going to try for a hardship waiver. No mention of grad transfer since it's basically impossible for him to have graduated already. I think it's unlikely he gets the hardship.

I highly doubt Martell graduated in two years. The OSU website lists him as a redshirt freshman, so he would sit his sophomore year and be eligible to play his junior and senior years. he could become a grad transfer after his junior season if he is unhappy with Miami.

If he is a redshirt freshman, wouldn't he have 3 years left of eligibility after sitting a year? I always thought the year that a transfer has to sit out didnt count towards that.

Advertisement
So he graduated in 2 years because if not then good luck trying to get a waiver.
Well you can take college classes your junior year of high school. In Ohio, kids graduate in three years cause they took college classes their junior and senior year of high school. Don’t know what they do in Vegas, but if he did that and two summer semesters, he could gratuate in two years.

Funny thing is he’s actually a nice dude. Maybe leaving the way he did was true but they guy treats players pretty good

yes, it's interesting. I just snooped around the Bama board a bit. apparently the original post was put out there by a mod on a Bama board. Those discussing it on the BOL 247 insider board seemed very confused and divided as to what to think. A few people said they had heard Enos wasn't friendly - sort of an SOB in their words. Some said they had heard things in the past that Hurts didn't particularly care for Enos. But no one really seemed to be definitive about it being 100% true.

Well you can take college classes your junior year of high school. In Ohio, kids graduate in three years cause they took college classes their junior and senior year of high school. Don’t know what they do in Vegas, but if he did that and two summer semesters, he could gratuate in two years.

Does Martell really strike you as a kid who wanted to spend his HS summers in the learning annex taking home economics and pre-calculus?

Advertisement
I don’t doubt that Enos left Baga because he didn’t enjoy working for Satan. He’s mentioned “culture” many times on why he took this opportunity, but Baga definitely wanted him back. As for Hurts still having issues getting the ball out early, he will break that habit quickly after taking a few snaps behind our OL.

If OP is correct this time, he easily becomes the Daddio of the board and he will likely turn the rest of us out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back