UPDATE GOING TO GAME! gator game family dilemma

canesstevealum08

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
They're inducing labor on Monday.

My Sister-in-law is pregnant with her and my bros first child. shes due Sept. 14th but dr.'s are saying it may arrive early, I'm supposed to leave for the game next Friday with my mom and we're also meeting with close friends. I can't leave my mom behind because I'm disabled and don't drive. My sis in law keeps hinting at me selling the tix doesnt seem to realize the commitment we made to pregame parties and hotel etc. Bought the tix before I even knew she was pregnant any suggestions?

Last edited:
Advertisement
My Sister-in-law is pregnant with her and my bros first child. shes due Sept. 14th but dr.'s are saying it may arrive early, I'm supposed to leave for the game next Friday with my mom and we're also meeting with close friends. I can't leave my mom behind because I'm disabled and don't drive. My sis in law keeps hinting at me selling the tix doesnt seem to realize the commitment we made to pregame parties and hotel etc. Bought the tix before I even knew she was pregnant any suggestions?

This don’t come along often brother , tell your sister in law “ you’re an in-law , your opinion doesn’t matter”.

Advertisement
Also, her dad is a gator fan. Annd no fam in delivery room per her request except my bro and close female friends

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that CIS as a whole will tell you to put family first and sell the tickets.

Advertisement
Pretty easy, IMO. Your mom stays behind and you find a new driver and go. First of all, the odds of a baby who is due on 9/14 being born around 8/24 are quite low. Even if that were to happen, it's not the end of the world if you aren't there the moment your brother's baby pops out. It's not you and your wife's baby, it's your brothers. You make the trip to go see him and meet your niece/nephew for sure, but there is no requirement that you HAVE to be there for the hospital delivery moment. Your mom on the other hand does need to be there at that moment as that is her son. If there is any chance she might miss the baby being born if she goes to the game, she needs to stay behind. But you on the other hand absolutely do not; in fact, I would think less of you if you did. So then your only challenge becomes finding a new driver. You either use mom's ticket and accommodations to find another friend or family member who can take mom's spot (personally, I'd offer it for free to someone willing to be the chauffeur), or you start getting a large pile of cash together for a boat load of uber rides. Either way, you 100% go to the game.

Your path is clear, my friend.

Advertisement
I think I remember seeing something similar to this on Jerry Springer. As long as you're not the father..., tell her to pound sand.

finding
Pretty easy, IMO. Your mom stays behind and you find a new driver and go. First of all, the odds of a baby who is due on 9/14 being born around 8/24 are quite low. Even if that were to happen, it's not the end of the world if you aren't there the moment your brother's baby pops out. It's not you and your wife's baby, it's your brothers. You make the trip to go see him and meet your niece/nephew for sure, but there is no requirement that you HAVE to be there for the hospital delivery moment. Your mom on the other hand does need to be there at that moment as that is her son. If there is any chance she might miss the baby being born if she goes to the game, she needs to stay behind. But you on the other hand absolutely do not; in fact, I would think less of you if you did. So then your only challenge becomes finding a new driver. You either use mom's ticket and accommodations to find another friend or family member who can take mom's spot (personally, I'd offer it for free to someone willing to be the chauffeur), or you start getting a large pile of cash together for a boat load of uber rides. Either way, you 100% go to the game.

Your path is clear, my friend.
finding an aid and driver in one person (theres the issue of getting dressed etc). is the hard part.

I'd also add, having been through the delivery of a baby twice, that even though it's a nice gesture that family wants to be at the hospital during the delivery, it is such a chaotic and exhausting 24-72 hours that too many people at the hospital actually ends up becoming a negative, not a positive. The only people who need to be there, IMO, are parents. You want your mom and dad there. A brother on the other hand just needs to make a reasonably timely visit to see how sis is doing and meet the new kid. I wouldn't have even wanted my brother at the hospital when my kids were born.

This is a no brainier, bud. You 100% go to the game, and you let your mom make her own decision. She's probably better off staying behind. Then you just need to tackle the logistics of the driving situation, which shouldn't be that hard to do.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Advertisement
LOL I know what answers I'll get but I'm trying to convince myself it's not selfish to want to go to the game.

My dude, selfish should not enter this conversation. It's your nephew / niece being born, not your son/daughter.

My wife is scheduled for a c-section on Tuesday the 20th with our fourth. If I chose to fly to Orlando to catch the game rather than help her and the new baby in recovery, that would qualify as selfish.

Also, her dad is a gator fan. Annd no fam in delivery room per her request except my bro and close female friends
This changes everything. Ok basically we got a new thread on our hands now with this new info:

A lot of guys on here would drive you if they are given the free ticket.

They can have another kid during the Bethune cookman game in 2021 or something.

Gaytor fan? With gaytor lineage. Maybe you should be there to slap a canes onesie on the kid the moment it’s born. This could be dangerous.

Also I doubt the kid will be born that early. I feel I’ve laid out all the scenarios for you. Go canes

finding

finding an aid and driver in one person (theres the issue of getting dressed etc). is the hard part.
Ahhh, roger. Sorry, I didn't appreciate that. If mom is the only option, that changes my analysis. Your mom needs to be there when the baby is born, IMO. Having said that, the doctors should have a pretty good idea as to whether "might come early" means might be born on 9/13 or 9/12 instead of 9/14, or whether they are saying might come several weeks early. The latter is not very common and there are generally signs in advance that a baby might be a preemie. So I would think your mom would be able to get enough info to determine if there is any realistic likelihood of the baby coming before 8/26. If there is, she should stay; if there's not, she can go. But it's a decision she needs to make, not YOU making it for her by pressuring mom or you could find yourself being guilted for years to come.

LOL I know what answers I'll get but I'm trying to convince myself it's not selfish to want to go to the game.

It’s not; it’s the Lord’s work that u must fulfill, my brother. Ur sister in law must realize that God’s will must take place, 1st. Your brother in law can always video record the event & send it to u.....it’s the same thing. Lol

Naw, but on the real, that’s tough bro. Family always comes 1st.

Advertisement
Back