UPDATE GOING TO GAME! gator game family dilemma

Also, her dad is a gator fan. Annd no fam in delivery room per her request except my bro and close female friends
Have her dad take you. He'd probably love to see the game. Just be prepared to leave early because they tend to pout when they get blown out.

Advertisement
My Sister-in-law is pregnant with her and my bros first child. shes due Sept. 14th but dr.'s are saying it may arrive early, I'm supposed to leave for the game next Friday with my mom and we're also meeting with close friends. I can't leave my mom behind because I'm disabled and don't drive. My sis in law keeps hinting at me selling the tix doesnt seem to realize the commitment we made to pregame parties and hotel etc. Bought the tix before I even knew she was pregnant any suggestions?

How is this even a question?

Leave mom behind and Uber.

LOL I know what answers I'll get but I'm trying to convince myself it's not selfish to want to go to the game.

It's not selfish. You put a lot of money into going and you don't even know if she'll deliver. The odds are greater that you'd have blown all that money, miss the game and she won't deliver three weeks early. Honestly, your brother and her should understand.

Also, her dad is a gator fan. Annd no fam in delivery room per her request except my bro and close female friends

so why the fck is this even a question for you?

you gonna be a hurricane cuck to her gaytor dad "here little jimmy, you can come and say you hung out with us GATOR FANS but that's all."

Advertisement
My Sister-in-law is pregnant with her and my bros first child. shes due Sept. 14th but dr.'s are saying it may arrive early, I'm supposed to leave for the game next Friday with my mom and we're also meeting with close friends. I can't leave my mom behind because I'm disabled and don't drive. My sis in law keeps hinting at me selling the tix doesnt seem to realize the commitment we made to pregame parties and hotel etc. Bought the tix before I even knew she was pregnant any suggestions?

How far away do you live? Uber is an option, I once had a guy Uber from West Palm up to Jax just to look at a car I was selling. So depending on your commitment level, that could solve the issue of your mom not going.

With that being said, as much as a fan as I am, I think you should be there for the birth of your brothers first child. So if the baby comes on that day, a last minute cancellation of everything you expected to take place may be in order.

the gators play us once every 10 years. If you're lucky enough to have tickets to the game then go. If not sell them to me

Advertisement
Do what you want to do. I got a lot happier when I started deciding what to do and not giving a **** about peoples feelings.

Preach. Dude won't even be in the delivery room. He'll sit for hours waiting to see the newborn for 5 minutes before everyone says alright, gotta rest. Come back tomorrow.

Plan on going to the game. If the baby happens to come exactly on game day, you have the worst luck ever and gotta accept that, drive home, and eat the tickets/hotel. Done.

Where do you live in relation to Orlando? I'm not sure why this is even a problem. If the baby comes early you just go back home. Otherwise go to the game and have fun. Have a plan to get home in an emergency. I think it's selfish of her to make you give up your plans with your mom because she MIGHT have the baby early. I've been to one birth other than my own.. and that was for my son.

Pretty easy, IMO. Your mom stays behind and you find a new driver and go. First of all, the odds of a baby who is due on 9/14 being born around 8/24 are quite low. Even if that were to happen, it's not the end of the world if you aren't there the moment your brother's baby pops out. It's not you and your wife's baby, it's your brothers. You make the trip to go see him and meet your niece/nephew for sure, but there is no requirement that you HAVE to be there for the hospital delivery moment. Your mom on the other hand does need to be there at that moment as that is her son. If there is any chance she might miss the baby being born if she goes to the game, she needs to stay behind. But you on the other hand absolutely do not; in fact, I would think less of you if you did. So then your only challenge becomes finding a new driver. You either use mom's ticket and accommodations to find another friend or family member who can take mom's spot (personally, I'd offer it for free to someone willing to be the chauffeur), or you start getting a large pile of cash together for a boat load of uber rides. Either way, you 100% go to the game.

Your path is clear, my friend.
Yup. I have 5 kids and not once did I wish someone else was there with my wife and I. I get the mother wanting to be close, just in case. If my brother was having a kid, I would tell him to tell me when it was born so I could send a card next year.

Advertisement
Preach. Dude won't even be in the delivery room. He'll sit for hours waiting to see the newborn for 5 minutes before everyone says alright, gotta rest. Come back tomorrow.
100%. That's exactly what it will be. In addition, if he cancels, the odds are high as sh-t that he'll spend all of 8/24 weekend doing absolutely nothing as the baby won't be delivered until well after that.

Go to the game, fly home asap. First child labor usually last in excess of 10 hrs. Youll have time to get back home if she starts to give birth.

Attachments

• A7D66A1F-3BEC-412E-9324-CA2DBFE04A7C.jpeg
    A7D66A1F-3BEC-412E-9324-CA2DBFE04A7C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Advertisement
It's not your kid or in any way your fault that he was created. IMO, you shouldn't have to give up something you've been looking forward to for months on end because of a decision that you had absolutely no say in. I get that family is important and all that, but like... the things you wanna do should matter too and family shouldn't always be expecting you to give those things up just because you happened to be born by the same parent(s) as one of them.

Dem aint ur kids, F*ck em kids..

Well, you probably would not be permitted in the delivery room. What does your Mom think? If she prefers not to attend game, give the ticket to a friend who drives. More important that the grandmother be there than an uncle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back