UPDATE GOING TO GAME! gator game family dilemma

Most times the first born comes a week later than the due date....not 3 weeks before.

She'll be ok and your brother should be ok too. Go to the game, enjoy, cheer hard, have fun, then be there for the birth about 3 days after her due date

Advertisement
That is **** poor planning on their part. They should know better than to conceive a child at a time that would interrupt the football season. Better hope they plan the next one out.

I don't get why there's so much pressure for you to be at the hospital anyways. It's not your kid, it's not your grandkid, it's your sister's kid. The hospital time itself is pretty much miserable for everyone involved. It's not until the new parents and the newborn get home that anyone can start really enjoying the moment anyways. It's ridiculous, IMO, that you'd be under any pressure to be at the hospital itself. You go in relatively short order after word the baby has arrived, visit your sis, see how you can help out the overwhelmed new parents, and meet your niece/nephew. That's your role and obligation. Anything beyond this is overly demanding and 100% based on emotion and not rational thinking.

Your mother is a different story though. So ultimately the question you need to be chewing on isn't if YOU must stay home from the opening game for the very small chance she might deliver that weekend just so you can claim later you were at the hospital... this analysis should solely be whether you can find someone else other than your mom who can drive and help out with your needs. If you can, you go for 100%. Even on the very slight chance that baby comes out 8/24 or 8/25, no big deal, nothing lost, you go visit your sister Sunday night or Monday morning. Same sh-it other than this silly emotional-based principle that people can say you were at the hospital.

What does any of that have to do with you? Bro if you a real Canes fan, you tell them FOH! I'm not expected or need to be anywhere, but Orlando. See the kid when I get back, IF he here.

Advertisement
Go to the game. It'll probably be 10 more years till we play those cowards again.

Advertisement
Go to the game to enjoy how them Canes put a beat down on those lizards... and the beginning of a great Canes era under Diaz.

Nephew will be there for many years

Op how disabled are we talking ? Wheel chair? If so next time she mentions this put the wheel chair speed on high and slam the foot rest into her shins. Make sure to say “sorry, I’m so clumsy” right after. Repeat every time she insinuates this, she’ll figure it. Kinda like a shock collar is used on a dog.

My cousin got married on Saturday September 6th, 2002 in Dallas, Texas.

I chose to be in Gainesville, Florida that day to witness a 41-16 *** kicking the Canes laid on the Gators.

My folks and brother, all who went to Dallas, can't tell you a **** thing about that wedding—but I remember that beatdown of UiF like I do my own kid's birth.

Meanwhile, my cousin was too busy with her wedding and focused on who was there to care that I didn't go—just as anyone pushing out a baby will be regarding the birth of their child. You being there is simply to say you were there. What's the difference if you get there a few days later when the dust settles?

Gotta do what you gotta do, man.

Advertisement
Advertisement
You: Go watch the Canes win decisively; 0% selfish on your part; Fact

Yo Momma: Do whatever she's comfortable with; Nothing more or less

Pregger's Dad: "Gator fan".. obviously him going is their issue, not yours

My Sister-in-law is pregnant with her and my bros first child. shes due Sept. 14th but dr.'s are saying it may arrive early, I'm supposed to leave for the game next Friday with my mom and we're also meeting with close friends. I can't leave my mom behind because I'm disabled and don't drive. My sis in law keeps hinting at me selling the tix doesnt seem to realize the commitment we made to pregame parties and hotel etc. Bought the tix before I even knew she was pregnant any suggestions?
Tell her she better hope the baby is like the father and comes early cause your out.

Advertisement
Back