Upcoming playoff expansion vote (12 Team Playoff Chosen, 9.2)

8 teams

5 automatic births for the 5 conference champions

2 at large teams for the P5, but no more than 2 total teams from any conference

1 Cinderella team from outside p5

This method means winning your conference matters AND ALL ~125 teams in Division 1 begin the year with a theoretical chance to play for it all

The BIG 4 bowls get 1st round games (8v1, 7v2, 6v3, 5v4)

Then like current BCS for final 4
This is close to what I've thought for years, but now we have to see how all these conferences realign. There may not necessarily be a P5 in the near future.

Advertisement
I’m all about expanding the playoff but 12 seems like an arbitrary number just to have more games = more money. 8 teams with 5 conf champs and 3 at large bids makes more sense imo.

All the grandpas are mad

The legal forward pass will ruin college football

Helmets with facemasks will ruin college football

Letting black players participate will ruin college football

More than two games a week on TV will ruin college football

Players getting paid under the table will ruin college football

Artificial turf will ruin college football

Players celebrating in the end zone after touchdowns will ruin college football

Too many bowl games will ruin college football

A playoff will ruin college football

Players going pro before their senior season will ruin college football

Rules created to lessen and minimize concussions will ruin college football

Players getting paid in an above-board manner will ruin college football

Conference realignment will ruin college football

Expanding the playoff will ruin college football

Check back next week

They’re not 12 teams primed for a natty. But I’d rather have an inclusive tournament for the sake of competition. I’d say it also increases the likelihood of Riley cristobal type hires and gives AD’s a clear aiming point on the definition of a successful season.

Advertisement
Six automatic bids means inevitably putting mid-major schools into the playoffs that won't be ranked anywhere near the Top 12.

Canes could 9-3 in a hellified SEC and be at home because Troy State went 10-2 and won the Sun Belt.

Makes more sense to expand the field to 24 if we're gonna auto-bid these borderline mid-major champions or else just have the SEC, B1G and whatever becomes of the ACC, Big 12 and Pac-12 do their own thing

They’re not 12 teams primed for a natty. But I’d rather have an inclusive tournament for the sake of competition. I’d say it also increases the likelihood of Riley cristobal type hires and gives AD’s a clear aiming point on the definition of a successful season.

Thank you.

There can be plenty of worthwhile first- and ideally second-round games to watch at sold-out home stadiums where were teams aren't taking a ridiculous one-month break before crowning a champion.

Want to make the regular-season mean something? ****-can the outdated bowl games and go all the way to the semifinals with home sites. Imagine CMC gets this thing rolling and we're hosting Ohio State or USC or Georgia in a semifinal game. That would be epic.

Nowhere else but Division I-A is a football champion determined in such an absurd and obsolete manner

Advertisement
The legal forward pass will ruin college football

Helmets with facemasks will ruin college football

Letting black players participate will ruin college football

More than two games a week on TV will ruin college football

Players getting paid under the table will ruin college football

Artificial turf will ruin college football

Players celebrating in the end zone after touchdowns will ruin college football

Too many bowl games will ruin college football

A playoff will ruin college football

Players going pro before their senior season will ruin college football

Rules created to lessen and minimize concussions will ruin college football

Players getting paid in an above-board manner will ruin college football

Conference realignment will ruin college football

Expanding the playoff will ruin college football

Check back next week
Perfect lol

Advertisement
Advertisement

Almost in line w/ what I projected, just not the bowl inclusion idea. I can dig it; any given Saturday. Still wouldn’t preferred 8, but hey, it is what it is. Regular season will still matter just off strength of seedlings & championship.

Just like the NFL cares about olayers safety but add more games. It’s 100 % a money grab.

The players could have voted against adding more games or expanding the playoffs.

But the players chose the option that put more money in their pockets

The players could have voted against adding more games or expanding the playoffs.

But the players chose the option that put more money in their pockets
It wasn’t the players idea is the point , most didn’t want to do it until their piece of the pie got dramatically bigger. There’s a reason it took so long. And it was more than money for the players. Yet the vote was very close. The ones having to play the games were **** near split.

Advertisement
Back