UNC @ Va Tech

Both Alabama and Clemson have lost a conference game in 7 of the their last 10 seasons. Let that sink in. In that same run, Alabama has been shut out of their conference championship game 4 times.

You need people to lose. It's ridiculous to bet on an undefeated conference run and ignore games that will help you.
Definitely not ignoring any game in our conference for other teams. Winning makes it easier on justifying where other teams compare.

Best case scenario is to win every conference schedule and let it play out. This has always been my mentality since the beginning. Start the season believing we are going to run the table every year. It’s been hard to do that these past two decades but I have to be right sometime.

Advertisement
Spread currently sits at -5.5 UNC. Friday night game in Blacksburg.

I think it's been a bit under the radar for how impactful a UNC loss here could be for Miami. If the goal this year is ACCCG or bust then the game Friday night is an important piece of that puzzle. I would argue that game could end up being more important to our season than our own game.
not discounting the importance of this game. however, assuming UNC loses to ****** Tech but Miami loses to UNC, we would still need UNC to lose ANOTHER ACC game to get into the ACCCG. also, Coach Fuente is a corch.

For those that think we need to run the table in the ACC schedule to lock up a spot in the ACCCG, you're literally ignoring all history. 7-1 will virtually guarantee you a spot, and 6-2 will give you a good chance.

not discounting the importance of this game. however, assuming UNC loses to ****** Tech but Miami loses to UNC, we would still need UNC to lose ANOTHER ACC game to get into the ACCCG

They lost to UVA and FSU last year. I think if UNC loses to Va Tech it's very likely they drop another game. It also puts a lot more pressure on them, even if they do beat us, in every game they play.

Advertisement
Fully agreed. Everyone is wringing their hands over Bama but this UNC/VT game is 10000x more relevant. We could lose to Bama by 50 and still have a huge season by going 10-2 and winning a bigtime bowl game to end at 11-3. We'd finish top 10-12 with that record.
Yup. Excellent points. That UNC game for us is the biggest game of the year. Especially with how they treated us last year.
Go Canes!

VT has no depth but their starters will be pretty good. Fuente can't recruit but he can coach. The DC has to step up because by all accounts he was very poor last year.

Advertisement
It happened last year

Yeah, and last year was COVID. A lot of weird ****e happened. ****, I heard a rumor that F$U beat a highly-ranked team.

I'm just think that this year, this UNC team, this time it will be a more straightforward issue that if UNC can beat Miami (and I think that 2021 UM is better than 2020 UM), then UNC will likely win out in the ACC.

YES, upsets happen. Again, just my opinion on how UNC will do in a "normal" non-COVID year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
@Dr.L.ThugU hates your post. He loves the baby blue ***gets when it comes to basketball. @FlatlandCane @stevehick @Ecush can confirm
I can only confirm that @Dr.L.ThugU is a ***gitt that enjoys African American trans men.
Are you saying @Dr.L.ThugU discriminates against other trans men? I always thought he took on all trannies. Pretty sure his motto is, the more the better
Look at you 2 having a nice conversation
anigif_sub-buzz-1869-1498146241-11.gif

Advertisement
Back