UNC @ Va Tech

Simple.

Win every ACC contest. It isn't rocket science or magic.
yea but do we do that regularly?

i mean yeah, why don't we just go undefeated? problem solved

unfortunately that's not realistic so how about we acknowledge that UNC losing this weekend would give us a cushion for our ACCCG hopes when we inevitably drop a game during the season to a conference opponent

Advertisement
Looking fwd to this game, honestly. Can’t stand neither team, so hoping both have to forfeit. 🤷🏾‍♂️
I don't buy VT at all this year. Fuente has created a trainwreck up there in Blacksburg. I am not sure he is coaching there next year. I think the only reason they keep in remotely close is because it is game 1 and UNC will shake the rust and break in new guys.

Win every ACC contest. It isn't rocket science or magic.

There's only 2-3 teams in the country who can rely on "just win all your conference games", and even they don't accomplish that every year. I don't remember anybody in the prediction thread saying we're going 11-1 that wasn't joking. So we need help.

So let me get this straight..you guys wouldnt be okay with a scenario where we have one ACC loss (and that loss is to UNC) but UNC has 2 ACC losses and we make it to the ACC title game? Or am I reading some of these posts wrong? I dont care how we get to the ACC title. Just get there.

Advertisement
Nope. Our game this Saturday has the potential to be a turning point for the program. If anyone is suggesting that it's just another game, then they're either:

a. Sacred that we'll be unable to compete and are trying to protect their fragile ego.
Or
b. Not living in reality.

The reality is that the bama game is the most important game this season...until and if we make it to the ACCCG. Period.
Bama is irrelevant if we dont win the coastal and compete with or beat clemson in the acccg. Fact.

Even if we win against Bama, if we dont handle our business the rest of the way the narrative will be Bama hadnt clicked yet or they were just down this year with the young offense.

So let me get this straight..you guys wouldnt be okay with a scenario where we have one ACC loss (and that loss is to UNC) but UNC has 2 ACC losses and we make it to the ACC title game? Or am I reading some of these posts wrong? I dont care how we get to the ACC title. Just get there.
My one caveat would be we would need to show well in the acccg. A loss to unc and then pummeled by Clemson doesn't lift the program to the next level.

I don't think that's quite what people are saying.

If UNC is capable of beating Miami again, then it seems highly unlikely that UNC would have TWO OTHER losses in the ACC, given their schedule.

Advertisement
yea but do we do that regularly?

i mean yeah, why don't we just go undefeated? problem solved

unfortunately that's not realistic so how about we acknowledge that UNC losing this weekend would give us a cushion for our ACCCG hopes when we inevitably drop a game during the season to a conference opponent
I do acknowledge it, hence my "its a big deal" if UNC drops to the castrated gobblers.

Again though, Miami has just made it far too hard to be the ACCCD rep with these maddening garbage losses.

It isn't as hard as they make it.

If I could write the future, and had to pick one loss in the regular season, I would have us lose to Central Ct. State [due to a COVID forfeit]...........that would mean we beat Bama and UNC.............................

........plus F$U, MSU and VT.

Mack is going to Mack at some point this year, the only question is if it'll be this Saturday or another Saturday.

Edit: They play on Friday but whatever, you get my point.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There are people who's entire lives revolve around CANES football. Humans have a psychological imperative to protect their egos from harm. For some people, minimizing the importance or effect of an event is a sheild that serves that purpose. Not saying that's you. Even if it is, fine I won't judge. You can hide behind your sheild...but if you really believe that beating a team that hasn't won a conference championship since 1980 is more important than beating Ala****ingbama, then you and I don't live in the same reality. Beating bama and getting to charlotte or not beating bama and getting to charlotte are both possible scenarios. I'd rather beat bama' and lose to unc because beating bama is nationally relevant and beating unc is no big deal. Nobody gives a fúck when bama loses to Ole Miss because Ole Miss ain't shìt. Unc ain't shìt. The only reason we hate losing to unc is because they ain't shít...so beating unc means less than shìt.
Moorman is a fitting name because you're clearly lost in space.

Are you really suggesting you would rather lose to unc, who is an in conference team, who could then win the division and prevent UM from winning the coastal, just to say you beat bama, which everyone is then going to say was a fluke and has no bearing on jackshyt.

I'm taking in conference wins all day, every day over any ooc win, no matter who it is.

Nope. Our game this Saturday has the potential to be a turning point for the program. If anyone is suggesting that it's just another game, then they're either:

a. Sacred that we'll be unable to compete and are trying to protect their fragile ego.
Or
b. Not living in reality.

The reality is that the bama game is the most important game this season...until and if we make it to the ACCCG. Period.
Speaking truth to power ...

Advertisement
Really?

Miami could lose to bama, but win the coastal, win the ACCCCG, go to the playoffs, and then what? Now, how important was the bama game?
Plain and simple we have a bunch of "cu#ts" on here willing to play 2nd Fiddle. Don't tell me this game is "meaningless"

lol Manny got y’all rooting for UNC to lose bc he can’t beat UNC… but Didnt FSU beat UNC last year?? Smh

Advertisement
Back