UNC @ Va Tech

Who does UNC have replacing their 2 rbs and I think it was Dazz Newsome at WR? I cant think of who else they lost on offense off the top of my head.

Advertisement
Who does UNC have replacing their 2 rbs and I think it was Dazz Newsome at WR? I cant think of who else they lost on offense off the top of my head.
They lost dyami brown and dazz at receiver. They lost Michael Carter and javontae Williams at back. They’ll be fine tho on offense. And ****** tech sucks.

I don't buy VT at all this year. Fuente has created a trainwreck up there in Blacksburg. I am not sure he is coaching there next year. I think the only reason they keep in remotely close is because it is game 1 and UNC will shake the rust and break in new guys.
I dont buy UNC this year...honestly, that backfield is not the same...I want to see Sam Howell without those big *** backs to fall back on.

I dont buy UNC this year...honestly, that backfield is not the same...I want to see Sam Howell without those big *** backs to fall back on.
He has his entire O-line back, that is why I think they are still solid. Trust me, I am not from the "Sam Howell and Mack Brown are the best ever" camp, but there is no doubt they are a good team.

Didn't say it was meaningless, but it's not the MOST important game of the season, beating unc is more important. If you can't understand that...
You know what ... Clemson beat the snot out of us last year, did that prepare us for North Carolina? GTFOH!!

Advertisement
I've got news for you. Unc was 7-3 in ACC play last season. They finished behind us in the ACC standings. The only reason we didn't play in the ACCCG last season was because of ND. Again, unc is nobody. Lmao@you buying the unc hype. They weren't shít last year and they won't be shît this season. That 62 points they scored on us just meant they got to lose to Tamu 41-27. They also lost to Florida college for women and virginia lol.
I don't understand your point. Have you been in a coma for 15+ years?

If UNC is nobody, what are we? We've won the Coastal, arguably the worst division in P5 (and probably worse than some G5 divisions), one time since we joined the conference. "Lmao@you" for being the type of arrogant, clueless, living-in-the-past Miami fan that gives our fanbase a bad name.

We were 1 game better in the ACC at 8-2, including close calls over heavyweights like Virginia and NC St (with their backup QB, no less), and "got to lose" in the prestigious Cheez-It bowl, instead of in a respectable NY6 bowl. The 62 points (778 yards, 0 defensive stops) we gave up to them "just meant" that we were a national laughing stock again. We've spent the entire offseason being constantly reminded of that historically pathetic and embarrassing debacle.

We've got to beat them this year, or the narrative will continue that we're not even the best team in our division. Top recruits don't want to play for the 2nd best team in the ACC Coastal.

Sorry to be snarky in my response, but you can have an opinion and respectfully disagree, or you could be a provocative dbag, and you chose the latter.

Plain and simple we have a bunch of "cu#ts" on here willing to play 2nd Fiddle. Don't tell me this game is "meaningless"
Great strawman argument. No one thinks this game is "meaningless". Some people just think that if we lose, even badly, the stakes are relatively low, because it's game 1, vs. a team literally no one expects us to beat, and outside of our conference.

Of course a win would be unbelievably meaningful for this program.

However the consequences of losing to UNC for a 3rd straight year are far worse.

Advertisement
I’m having a tough time seeing anything but a UNC victory in this game. VT is a 6 win team and Fuente has a good chance of being fired after this season, IMO.

I’m having a tough time seeing anything but a UNC victory in this game. VT is a 6 win team and Fuente has a good chance of being fired after this season, IMO.
Yeah I don't get the spread other than it's in an away game.

Fuente can't recruit and he didn't hit the portal very well this year. North Carolina can recruit, but they're big talent is mostly freshman and sophomore. Still, the talent disparity is pretty real in this game on top of having an All-American quarterback. I can't see how Virginia Tech keeps it within a touchdown.

I don't think that's quite what people are saying.

If UNC is capable of beating Miami again, then it seems highly unlikely that UNC would have TWO OTHER losses in the ACC, given their schedule.
It happened last year

I don't buy VT at all this year. Fuente has created a trainwreck up there in Blacksburg. I am not sure he is coaching there next year. I think the only reason they keep in remotely close is because it is game 1 and UNC will shake the rust and break in new guys.

Yeah, Fuentes has created a mess. Dude lost the team, and he looks like a dead man walking.

And I love it. Fck VagTech

Advertisement
I don't understand your point. Have you been in a coma for 15+ years?

If UNC is nobody, what are we? We've won the Coastal, arguably the worst division in P5 (and probably worse than some G5 divisions), one time since we joined the conference. "Lmao@you" for being the type of arrogant, clueless, living-in-the-past Miami fan that gives our fanbase a bad name.

We were 1 game better in the ACC at 8-2, including close calls over heavyweights like Virginia and NC St (with their backup QB, no less), and "got to lose" in the prestigious Cheez-It bowl, instead of in a respectable NY6 bowl. The 62 points (778 yards, 0 defensive stops) we gave up to them "just meant" that we were a national laughing stock again. We've spent the entire offseason being constantly reminded of that historically pathetic and embarrassing debacle.

We've got to beat them this year, or the narrative will continue that we're not even the best team in our division. Top recruits don't want to play for the 2nd best team in the ACC Coastal.

Sorry to be snarky in my response, but you can have an opinion and respectfully disagree, or you could be a provocative dbag, and you chose the latter.
Accuses me of living in the past.

First sentence makes reference to the past.

Lol do you bro.

12 missions. Win them all.

Both Alabama and Clemson have lost a conference game in 7 of the their last 10 seasons. Let that sink in. In that same run, Alabama has been shut out of their conference championship game 4 times.

You need people to lose. It's ridiculous to bet on an undefeated conference run and ignore games that will help you.

Yeah I don't get the spread other than it's in an away game.

North Carolina lost a ton on offense and that defense wasn't particularly good last year. Don't forget, UNC was coming off a 6-6 season in 2019 and they could have had a similar season last year. BC and Wake gave them games that they were able to win, and Va Tech put up 45 on them. I think they are vastly overrated at #10. Miami has a particular problem with them but you don't lose to FSU and UVA last year if you don't have other serious issues. I don't think Va Tech is better but I think that explains the low spread.

Advertisement
Here's hoping no class UNC bites the dust. Maybe they've even perfected a stupid upside down VT logo for the TV cameras. :rk5i6fxwjlgev5j6.jpg:

I really don’t know about this one while I think VT isn’t particularly good and UNC should win I think people underestimate the crowd factor in this one. This crowd will be nuts Friday night game and first full crowd in a year could def play a factor.

I never really have much good to say about the gobblers but they do have a good home field advantage.
Won't matter much when UNC goes up 21-0 in the first quarter.

Advertisement
Back