UNC Matchup

It is a good ECU team. What don't you understand? I didn't say great. I didn't say a team that belonged in a BCS bowl. I said good. ECU almost beat VT as well (lost 15-10). They are a solid team. Will probably win 9-10 (or more) games. That's a good team. Just because they're not a "name" team and aren't in a "name" conference, doesn't mean they can't be good too. You sound like an SEC fan.

ECU just beat Middle Tennessee State by 7. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Advertisement
I am being dead honest, I think WF presents the tougher match-up. It really has nothing to do with the quality of the opponent either.

Right now, we're off and focused on getting healthy. Starting next week (Sunday), we will be 100% on UNC (if not sooner). The players remember UNC well from last year. The players know they are on national TV in the prime time slot.

After UNC, we have WF the week before we go on the road to FSU. This game, other then being an ACC opponent, holds nothing in comparison to the following week. We hardly ever play them or care about them.

WF reeks of a trap game. UNC doesn't have that same stench.

WF at home is not even near as tough as UNC on the road on a Thursday night.

I am being dead honest, I think WF presents the tougher match-up. It really has nothing to do with the quality of the opponent either.

Right now, we're off and focused on getting healthy. Starting next week (Sunday), we will be 100% on UNC (if not sooner). The players remember UNC well from last year. The players know they are on national TV in the prime time slot.

After UNC, we have WF the week before we go on the road to FSU. This game, other then being an ACC opponent, holds nothing in comparison to the following week. We hardly ever play them or care about them.

Read my post again slower. I am aware that it is home versus away, Thursday v. Saturday. I am really comparing the circumstances around the game and not the teams themselves.

Read my post again slower. I am really comparing the circumstances around the game and not the teams themselves.

I read it, understood it the 1st time. I think its ridiculous

Read my post again slower. I am really comparing the circumstances around the game and not the teams themselves.

Agree to disagree. We beat UNC, that WF game reeks of Trap Game IMO.

Advertisement

I disagree, not this team with this coach. Plus WF is absolute garbage

I'm worried about every opponent on the schedule (minus SSU).

We've never won the coastal division outright. Until we do color me worried about UNC & Wake.

Advertisement

WF at home a trap game? Trap game? This ain't ******* Radio's team!

Lingering effects of Shancokerization abound in this thread.

The weakness is apalling.

It is a good ECU team. What don't you understand? I didn't say great. I didn't say a team that belonged in a BCS bowl. I said good. ECU almost beat VT as well (lost 15-10). They are a solid team. Will probably win 9-10 (or more) games. That's a good team. Just because they're not a "name" team and aren't in a "name" conference, doesn't mean they can't be good too. You sound like an SEC fan.

ECU just beat Middle Tennessee State by 7. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

You do realize Middle Tennessee went into Atlanta and beat Georgia Tech 49-28 last year right? In the last 4 years they've beaten GT and Maryland twice. They're not horrible either. But anyway, yes, ECU is a good team.

Advertisement

You do realize Middle Tennessee went into Atlanta and beat Georgia Tech 49-28 last year right? In the last 4 years they've beaten GT and Maryland twice. They're not horrible either. But anyway, yes, ECU is a good team.

And, as it should be, Golden has raised the bar, we are no longer 4-4/5-3 Coastal losers. GT and Maryland suck, and have always sucked.

I always said that the first thing this program must accomplish is seperation over bad ACC teamsd, and we are on track now.

And, as it should be, Golden has raised the bar, we are no longer 4-4/5-3 Coastal losers. GT and Maryland suck, and have always sucked.

I always said that the first thing this program must accomplish is seperation over bad ACC teamsd, and we are on track now.

That's great, but that has nothing to do with whether or ECU is a good team or not. They are. We'd still beat them, but that doesn't make them a bad team.

We need to start to play better teams so this will help us. A lot of teams can go 5-0 beating high schoolers. We need to win this game decisively to make a statement that we stand a chance walking into a stadium like fsu. The offense should score but in recent times our defense has been dramatically worse on the road. We need to stop that trend and win going away--the likes of 38-17 or something. If we can't, we're just pretenders and fsu will demonstrate that to the country. It's time to start proving a point in these road games against bad to middling teams.

Stop.

Dude says we're playing HS teams, yet props up fsu, who has played no one. He must have forgot 1 of those 5 wins was against a uf.ag team that eviscerated fsu a few months ago.

Advertisement
but this will be the first game we play in a "hostile" environment.

Apparently their fans aren't too excited about this game, despite attempts by the school to make it their super-bowl again. Tickets are dirt cheap. The "Thursday night atmosphere" people have been expecting could end up being kind of weak.
Early attendance predictions say they will have 28-30k for the game. So you're right

UNC fans are expecting a beatdown, so even the small handful that show up will either leave early or go completely silent as soon as we start ragdolling them a little. This is not a hostile environment we're walking in to.

It's a trap game against a team incapable of setting the trap. This isn't Wake of 4 or 5 years ago. Grobe's stealing checks these days.

We need to start to play better teams so this will help us. A lot of teams can go 5-0 beating high schoolers. We need to win this game decisively to make a statement that we stand a chance walking into a stadium like fsu. The offense should score but in recent times our defense has been dramatically worse on the road. We need to stop that trend and win going away--the likes of 38-17 or something. If we can't, we're just pretenders and fsu will demonstrate that to the country. It's time to start proving a point in these road games against bad to middling teams.

Stop.

Dude says we're playing HS teams, yet props up fsu, who has played no one. He must have forgot 1 of those 5 wins was against a uf.ag team that eviscerated fsu a few months ago.

We need to be more "real" like FSU, who barely squeaked by Boston College.

It's a trap game against a team incapable of setting the trap. This isn't Wake of 4 or 5 years ago. Grobe's stealing checks these days.

I think their QB is pretty good, Tanner Price. Overall I think all of these tobacco road teams are not to good.

Advertisement
Back