UNC Matchup

Consigliere

All-American
October 17 at UNC, each team will be coming off a bye week.

UNC is 1-4 (0-2)

NCAA Stats

Scoring D: 31.4 PPG (90th)
Total D: 436 YPG (91st)
Rushing D: 197.2 YPG (99th)
Passing D: 238.8 YPG (75th)

Scoring O: 23.6 PPG (96th)
Total O: 392.8 YPG (80th)
Rushing O: 100.0 YPG (113th)
Passing O: 292.8 YPG (25th)

Schedule

Win: MTSU 3-3 (1-1)

Losses: @ USCe 4-1 (2-1), @ GT 3-3 (2-2), ECU 4-1 (2-1) and @ VT 5-1 (2-0)

Combined W/L: 19-9 (9-6)

Outscored: 118 to 157

Specific Players:

Playmaker: TE Eric Ebron 23 for 333 & 2 TDs

QB: Not sure who they are going to start, Williams played because Renner was injured. Williams is the future and looked pretty good against VT: 23 of 35 for 277 yards 2 TDs 2 INTS and 18 Rushes for 56 Yards.

If they go with Renner, they don't have that rushing threat at the QB position. For a team that is 113th in the nation in rushing offense, they may want to go with the future Williams.

Advertisement
This will be a complete game for four quarters for both sides of the ball for Miami. No doubt.

On paper we should roll. If UNC has any hope of saving their season, this is where they start. Miami teams of old would take that hope and smash it within 5 minutes. Hopefully Denzel and Duke do that next week.

I know nothing about UNC, but they've actually lost to 4 decent/good teams. Thursday night on the road. We'll need to bring out "A" game.

Advertisement
I know nothing about UNC, but they've actually lost to 4 decent/good teams. Thursday night on the road. We'll need to bring out "A" game.

They have, but they've looked bad in those games. They were completely outclassed by an overrated South Carolina team 27-10. They blew 2 double digit leads at GT and lost by 8. They were blown out by a good, but still C-USA team in ECU, 55-31 at home, and they were beaten by VT 27-17. It was 27-10 until UNC scored a TD in the closing minutes to make it look closer. While it wasn't a complete blow out, I watched most of the game, and VT was up 14-0, 21-7 and in control for most of the game and it never seemed like UNC really threatened them.

That said, unlike 95% of the posters on here, I don't think we're going to waltz into Chapel Hill and beat them by 30.

This will be a complete game for four quarters for both sides of the ball for Miami. No doubt.

UNC is pretty bad and may be the worse team we face in the ACC. I would say this could be a trap game but nobody is looking at Wake Forest the following week. If the canes are looking to make a statement game, do it on the road against UNC at night. People will be watching. Plus we owe them after last year!

Advertisement
Wake will be the worst team we play in the ACC and maybe Virginia. Those are some troubled squads.

Rushing D: 197.2 YPG (99th)

130.jpg

Fwiw we historically play great on Thursday nights.
Something about primetime games just seems to rev these So Fla guys' engines.

It may be a negligible factor when all is said and done, but I am interested to see how we look for our first true road game (1 of 3 out of the state of Florida).

We should still blow UNC out of the stadium.

Advertisement
Those defensive numbers are really bad. We have a better offense than all 5 teams UNC has played. They can't stop the run and they can't run the ball. Duke may have a career night.

Advertisement
If we stop Ebron or put enough pressure on the QB to prevent the ball from going Ebron's way then this may not be close. If we can't then it may be high scoring.

Ebron is really good if you guys have not seen him play. Baller, if Derrick Griffin can be like Ebron that would be very nice.

Advertisement
Back